Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

FuB wrote:
2 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago
Is Ole not supposed to make decisions? Or are they just supposed to be the decisions we all want him to make as varied as they are. Seems to me we all wanted a rebuild and a plan. How does a rebuild happen if we don't go back to basics, look at the players we have, give them a chance, see who looks decent and buy what we really need. That all takes time. I remember some of us on here saying that we'd take a couple of bad seasons if we went back to basics and started a rebuild. Well this is what it looks like.
yeah, but where would we all be if we got rid of whining, double-standards and opinion flip-floppery on the forum, Laz? You'd be bored for a start.
Maybe you should get new material this Pereira shite has no roots. Pick something i've actually said and be a prick about that. Conceeding that i was making a point about Pogba when talking about Pereira then continuing this shite anyway is shitty form and weak wumming.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Davey-boy
Legend

2 months ago

Ole reckons lpool next is the perfect game for us!
He must be deluded
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

2 months ago

resign
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Ole going on about the rebuild is a lot like Moyes banging on about his 6 years. You can do a rebuild, you can change the philosophy, but you have to win fucking matches while you do it. You have to restructure the train while keeping it rolling down the tracks at a respectable clip. That's why it's hard. Ole thinks he's managing the academy, the way he goes on. None of his rebuild plans will amount to shit if the club is a dead dog that no decent player will join. Top 4 and CL is already gone, so that's a massive hit on next season's revenues -- CL money and penalty payments by sponsors like Adidas. How does he think that's going to affect his transfer plans, £100M less in the kitty?

Yes our owners and executive manager are morons and parasites. But lots of clubs have shit owners and execs, top managers have to deal with it. Allegri won a title for fucking Berlusconi, maybe that's the kind of experience we need now: a manager with experience keeping the interfering arseholes at arm's length.
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
2 months ago
resign
But would you sack him?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

I’m sure the decision has been made. How could it not?
kunal4622
First Teamer

2 months ago

Nobody knows in the team, how to get a bloody ball from back to front and score a goal. There is no IDEA. SHOCKING!! Absolutely SHOCKING!!

How is Ole saying we will take any amount of time required to build!! Hows that possible unless he is absolutely a puppet of Woodward. Any other manager would be worried about sack. OLe doesnt seem like it from his demeaner.

The whole club is actually fooling the fans, crowd and sponsors. They have no plan. From the day they sacked Mourinho, they still are not able to come up with any strategy. I think its the same as Mike Ashley situation at New Castle but becasue it's Man united, they are able to cover up lot of things behind the doors and only leaking tranfer rumours to sell tickets and keep the sponsors interested.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

I think they'll stick with Ole unless it gets a lot worse because for the first time we're actually buying to a plan, like we would if we had a proper DoF, and it's too early into the process to end it

Also Ed is the one buying to the agreed plan. This is his DoF moment. So it will reflect doubly bad on him if we ditch it so soon. And he's under more pressure than ever.

And thirdly I think this is the season they expected us to have after selling players in key areas and not replacing em. Ole is a good appointment in their eyes because he won't get as much stick while this new plan is built (and the results are shit).

If they got rid it would be super reactionary, unless there's another manager available who can play the football we're trying to play.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Ole's finished, lads, wake up. It might not be announced today or tomorrow, maybe it will be a few weeks, but it's over. The club can't not act. The place is so toxic, the results worse than even seen before in living memory, the players totally tuned out.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
I think they'll stick with Ole unless it gets a lot worse because for the first time we're actually buying to a plan, like we would if we had a proper DoF, and it's too early into the process to end it

Also Ed is the one buying to the agreed plan. This is his DoF moment. So it will reflect doubly bad on him if we ditch it so soon. And he's under more pressure than ever.

And thirdly I think this is the season they expected us to have after selling players in key areas and not replacing em. Ole is a good appointment in their eyes because he won't get as much stick while this new plan is built (and the results are shit).

If they got rid it would be super reactionary, unless there's another manager available who can play the football we're trying to play.
I think the intent is to stick with Ole 'come what may'. within the club, it may have been accepted that this season is a write off, with the focus being on shipping out specific players, giving a few young players a chance, and laying the foundations for a bolder recruitment drive in the summer. For the reasons you outline, Ed will be reluctant to sack yet another manager, because surely there'd be no hiding place for him then. That in itself is a worry, because his thought process already discounts anything around winning trophies - if his sole motivation becomes his own tenure, nothing good will come of it.

I can buy the idea that the club will have expected an underwhelming season and that they committed to sticking with a manager through that process.

However, that approach will have been predicated on a likely 'worst case scenario'. I would imagine that the club looked at this season and in the context of it being a year of transition, probably thought 'Maybe we're top 4, worst case scenario is 7th or 8th'. But what if its much, much worse? Our form this season isn't far off relegation form. Take it back over the last couple of months of last season and it probably IS relegation form. We have to consider, how bad could it get? There's a lack of quality and depth to the squad - its plain as day already. You can bet your arse that Pogba will be in and out all season. He doesn't want to be here. Martial never stays fit. Rashford doesn't look right either. We don't look like scoring goals, we have no character or leadership in the team. I could very easily see this team being around 14th or 15th the way things are. Our games before Christmas are:

Liverpool H
Norwich A
Bournemouth A
Brighton H
Sheff Utd A
Villa H
Spurs H
City A
Everton H

You could very easily see only a couple of wins and a couple of draws. Leaving us somewhere around 17 points from 17 games. That's relegation dogfight territory. Don't laugh - it could happen. Then what?

Commercially, can we take the hit of being lower end of the table and then going out and blowing 300m that's needed next summer? Even if we could, who'd want to join?!

We either have a plan that requires patience and is prepared to fund a proper rebuild over a couple of windows. Or we're chasing our tail, losing credibility by each passing day and we have no idea where to go next. I know which I think it is.

Maybe a relegation is what's actually needed.