OGS.....

Manchester United chat
FuB
Site Admin

ZeBlamelessOle wrote: 4 years ago
marlon wrote: 4 years ago Allegri would be fine, but you're misrepresenting his record a bit. Mourinho, Conte, Pep - even Ranieri all have winning records against him

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/massimi ... 671/plus/1
Mourinho faced him only twice since Allegri moved from Cagliari to Milan (and then to Juve)
Ranieri managed Juventus & Roma while Allegri was at Cagliari and Sassuolo respectively.
Conte- probably the only one who can be seen as equal
Pep- like I said, only beat him at Milan due to 2 penalties (QF 2012), 1 time in a dead-rubber group stage contest in the same season (Nov 2011 if I'm not mistaken) and due to an incorrect linesman's flag when Juve faced Bayern in that CL classic in 2016 (Juve were 2-0 up at the Allianz and that disallowed goal turned the tie).

He's my preference mainly for Pogba who is our best player. I'd rather keep Pogba with Allegri on board rather than sell him with Ole around as that money will either be:
1. Siphoned to Florida
2. Reinvested on crap like Declan Rice (not Maddison)
There's no real guarantee that bringing in Allegri would make Pogba/Pogba's agent stop angling for a move.

If we really did decide to replace Ole (I think that's unlikely for the time being) then you could definitely do much worse than Allegri. I've already said i'd like to see him at United whilst we were in the dying last moments of Mourinho's tenure.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
ZeBlamelessOle
Youth Teamer

FuB wrote: 4 years ago
marlon wrote: 4 years ago Allegri would be fine, but you're misrepresenting his record a bit. Mourinho, Conte, Pep - even Ranieri all have winning records against him

Mourinho faced him only twice since Allegri moved from Cagliari to Milan (and then to Juve)
Ranieri managed Juventus & Roma while Allegri was at Cagliari and Sassuolo respectively.
Pep- like I said, only beat him at Milan due to 2 penalties (QF 2012), 1 time in a dead-rubber group stage contest in the same season (Nov 2011 if I'm not mistaken) and due to an incorrect linesman's flag when Juve faced Bayern in that CL classic in 2016 (Juve were 2-0 up at the Allianz and that disallowed goal turned the tie).

He's my preference mainly for Pogba who is our best player. I'd rather keep Pogba with Allegri on board rather than sell him with Ole around as that money will either be:
1. Siphoned to Florida
There's no real guarantee that bringing in Allegri would make Pogba/Pogba's agent stop angling for a move.

If we really did decide to replace Ole (I think that's unlikely for the time being) then you could definitely do much worse than Allegri. I've already said i'd like to see him at United whilst we were in the dying last moments of Mourinho's tenure.
Wow, I thought I was the only one lol. Blanc would be my next choice. I think Pogba would stay at United for Allegri- you can't fake this bond or respect
FuB
Site Admin

1. Siphoned to Florida

Wow, I thought I was the only one lol. Blanc would be my next choice. I think Pogba would stay at United for Allegri- you can't fake this bond or respect
<snipped video >
I think you'll struggle to get much support for Blanc after his fairly well documented comments about black players in the French national side... whether he was absolved of racism or not.
marlon
Legend

Yeah you sack a manager because they're crap, not for one player. And if Pogba wants to go and someone's willing to pay a fair price, we should sell.

Allegri is likely the safest realistic option we have, but in Solskjaer's defence, expected goals models have us as the 4th best team so far (and closer to Liverpool/Chelsea than Leicester). I know everyone here hates stats, but even if we just scored the 4 pens we missed, our season would look quite different.
ZeBlamelessOle
Youth Teamer

marlon wrote: 4 years ago Yeah you sack a manager because they're crap, not for one player. And if Pogba wants to go and someone's willing to pay a fair price, we should sell.

Allegri is likely the safest realistic option we have, but in Solskjaer's defence, expected goals models have us as the 4th best team so far (and closer to Liverpool/Chelsea than Leicester). I know everyone here hates stats, but even if we just scored the 4 pens we missed, our season would look quite different.
There are other reasons why i want ole out- his lying being primary among them and also ridding ourselves of the influence wielded by co92
Lazarus
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago He's 71 and been in China for the last 7 years. 9 years since he managed Italy...... Class idea!

Was going to call you Zeb's but some other wanker had that name and he might come back......
Allegri is 52
My mistake I thought you meant Lippi. Allegri would be a decent shout but atm it's a moot point Ole is the manager and he needs to be given time. I take it you've already written him off?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
FuB
Site Admin

marlon wrote: 4 years ago Yeah you sack a manager because they're crap, not for one player. And if Pogba wants to go and someone's willing to pay a fair price, we should sell.

There are other reasons why i want ole out- his lying being primary among them and also ridding ourselves of the influence wielded by co92
What has he lied about in your opinion?

What influence does the class of 92 wield?

by the way, if honesty is important, let's not forget that Allegri was also fined and suspended for match fixing
ZeBlamelessOle
Youth Teamer

by the way, if honesty is important, let's not forget that Allegri was also fined and suspended for match fixing
"The owners have invested a lot of money."
The class of 92 hounded Jose Mourinho for the very same things they praise Ole.
Was Allegri implicated?
Moreover, Ole has had 6 months more than he has merited. Real sacked 2 managers last season. Big clubs do that.
ZeBlamelessOle
Youth Teamer

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago He's 71 and been in China for the last 7 years. 9 years since he managed Italy...... Class idea!

Was going to call you Zeb's but some other wanker had that name and he might come back......
Allegri is 52
My mistake I thought you meant Lippi. Allegri would be a decent shout but atm it's a moot point Ole is the manager and he needs to be given time. I take it you've already written him off?
Ole does not deserve any time. Should have been sacked at the end of last season after the Cardiff debacle. He's gutted the squad and has been nothing but a puppet for the Glazers
FuB
Site Admin

"The owners have invested a lot of money."
hmmm. There's been a lot of money invested in playing staff (ignoring that it was leveraged on the club and through debt). I assume you mean they haven't invested under Ole but did he actually say that?
ZeBlamelessOle wrote: 4 years ago The class of 92 hounded Jose Mourinho for the very same things they praise Ole.
I'm not sure how this constitutes influence... they were bitching on about him for ages before he was finally booted out and Gary Neville is still hovering over the fence on him.
ZeBlamelessOle wrote: 4 years ago Was Allegri implicated?
well, i'd be the first to agree that Italians can mete out punishment on the wrong people but surely the fact he was banned for a year meant they considered him implicated.
ZeBlamelessOle wrote: 4 years ago Moreover, Ole has had 6 months more than he has merited. Real sacked 2 managers last season. Big clubs do that.
and we've sacked three since Ferguson and got smaller and smaller