OGS.....

Manchester United chat
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24052
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

danniitronix wrote:
1 month ago
This is a great debate.

Fatty and Baz, I agree with what you have said.

To look at this in detail what is it exactly that the Glazers have done wrong? Just noting that no one manager has ever criticised them for interfering or lack of money.

In terms of money, it is a simple fact that they have given when needed and way, way more than any club other than City. You can’t argue that they don’t give money to invest because they have done.

I’ll give you that they have taken out of the club but still they have pumped shit loads into it in terms of transfer funds.

Being American or foreigners? Like me reminded my proud Jaguar owners that it is actually Indian and proud British Mini Cooper fab boys that is is actually a BMW so German.

The problem of shit football and results seems to me the effective use of cash by the person who spends it and the manager who has the toys bought for him.

Glazers problem for sure but the route cause of this is terrible transfer choices and a failure to get the best out of the players - and poor transfer decisions by selling without replacements.

No one will support Glazers out when they are the second biggest spenders on the block. It just isn’t going to happen.
But dannii, the money they put in is the clubs anyway. They don't get plaudits for reinvesting what is already ours.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7585
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

So the Glazers do graciously allow the club to spend some of the money that the supporters put into it every year. But they spend it incompetently. Is that the best defence of them? Well I'm convinced, let's build a statue to Malcolm. What a legend.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24052
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

fat maradona wrote:
1 month ago
marlon wrote:
1 month ago
danniitronix wrote:
1 month ago
This is a great debate.

Fatty and Baz, I agree with what you have said.

To look at this in detail what is it exactly that the Glazers have done wrong? Just noting that no one manager has ever criticised them for interfering or lack of money.

In terms of money, it is a simple fact that they have given when needed and way, way more than any club other than City. You can’t argue that they don’t give money to invest because they have done.

I’ll give you that they have taken out of the club but still they have pumped shit loads into it in terms of transfer funds.

Being American or foreigners? Like me reminded my proud Jaguar owners that it is actually Indian and proud British Mini Cooper fab boys that is is actually a BMW so German.

The problem of shit football and results seems to me the effective use of cash by the person who spends it and the manager who has the toys bought for him.

Glazers problem for sure but the route cause of this is terrible transfer choices and a failure to get the best out of the players - and poor transfer decisions by selling without replacements.

No one will support Glazers out when they are the second biggest spenders on the block. It just isn’t going to happen.
That's ridiculous, of course the Glazers are the root cause. We have Woodward, who has free rein to manage the club as he pleases, because of the Glazers. They bought the club with debt the fans paid off and take their dividends with the shares we paid for. They've never put a single penny into the club. The money the club spends is money the club takes from fans, it's nothing to do with the Glazers. What's wrong with you?
Don't forget that Danni comes from a corporate background. This sort of shit is normal in his world. Money helps rationalise nearly everything.

The Glazers have proved with how they have managed Tampa Bay Buccaneers that they are not interested with what happens on the pitch, only what happens in the boardroom. The only thing they focus on are the financials and as long as their asset value is a) appreciating; and b) returning an income, then they don't give a fuck. Woodward is a brilliant finance man, hence why he is still in a job and is paid so well.
Thought this was the case
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7585
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

It's been reported that Poch told Woodward he's willing to sign on in the summer, but his preconditions are money to spend on players and putting some kind of DoF in charge between him and Woodward. Sounds too good to be true almost.
User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 4372
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

I think what Danni is trying to say is, if we had a world class solid football foundation i.e DoF/Top coaching staff/manager/squad etc then 80 % of the fans would not really care about how the Glazers are using the club to build their own personal wealth. That's my opinion. I hate the way my club is financed, but didn't march in the glory years.

Look at 2007-2010. We won the league three years in a row, crowned Champions League winners too. No fans were marching, no fans were chanting hate songs in the stadium. Most fans couldn't give a shit about the inbred Glazer gimps. That's a fact, not ALL fans, but most. Obviously the way the Glazer's have funded their purchase is a disgrace.

However, It is also true that we HAVE spent money, a fuck load:
Former United boss Sir Alex Ferguson had an infamously tense relationship with the club owners, the Glazer family, who controversially bought United between 2003 and 2005.

The Red Devils spent only £151.25million in Ferguson’s last three years at Old Trafford, between 2010 and 2013, but have gone on to spend a huge £842.2million since the Scot left the club.

United have spent large amounts on the likes of Angel Di Maria, who joined for £67.5million in 2014 from Real Madrid, and Romelu Lukaku, who was signed from Everton in 2017 for £76.23million.

Until 2017, Manchester United possessed the global transfer record for their acquisition of former youth team product Paul Pogba for £94.5million from Juventus in 2016.
The big problem is the money is not being invested properly, and that is down to ONE man - Edward Woodward. He is fucking dreadful and a large reason behind the demise.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...


Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 4372
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...


Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
danniitronix
Legend
Posts: 1642
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
1 month ago
I think what Danni is trying to say is, if we had a world class solid football foundation i.e DoF/Top coaching staff/manager/squad etc then 80 % of the fans would not really care about how the Glazers are using the club to build their own personal wealth. That's my opinion. I hate the way my club is financed, but didn't march in the glory years.

Look at 2007-2010. We won the league three years in a row, crowned Champions League winners too. No fans were marching, no fans were chanting hate songs in the stadium. Most fans couldn't give a shit about the inbred Glazer gimps. That's a fact, not ALL fans, but most. Obviously the way the Glazer's have funded their purchase is a disgrace.

However, It is also true that we HAVE spent money, a fuck load:
Former United boss Sir Alex Ferguson had an infamously tense relationship with the club owners, the Glazer family, who controversially bought United between 2003 and 2005.

The Red Devils spent only £151.25million in Ferguson’s last three years at Old Trafford, between 2010 and 2013, but have gone on to spend a huge £842.2million since the Scot left the club.

United have spent large amounts on the likes of Angel Di Maria, who joined for £67.5million in 2014 from Real Madrid, and Romelu Lukaku, who was signed from Everton in 2017 for £76.23million.

Until 2017, Manchester United possessed the global transfer record for their acquisition of former youth team product Paul Pogba for £94.5million from Juventus in 2016.
The big problem is the money is not being invested properly, and that is down to ONE man - Edward Woodward. He is fucking dreadful and a large reason behind the demise.
That is exactly the point Baz. No cunt was moaning or marching or wearing their MUST colours when we were winning with the owners.

The adage and chant, "you only sing when you are winning" applies to United fans more than anything. LVG and Jose all win a pot or two, any issue with the owners, Not really.

OGS has a record worse than Moyes and then all hell breaks loose, ffs.

This is a club that spent more than 400k a week on Sanchez for 45 appearances for United - we ended up paying close to 35m plus for this guy over two years.

Just doens't add up that we don't have money or do not invest in the club - and the owners are the reason for this. No one on the inside has ever really said a bad word about them. They take their cash, leave a load on the table (for us to waste) and don't poke their nose.

Liverpool's net spend per year for the last 5 years is 26m - we spunked more than that on one players wage bill!!!

Blame the owners for shit that they have done yes (and I agree with it) but don't blame them for stuff which isn''t true because, it just comes across is just fake. You have to ask why

- we cannot recruit quality players
- why we can't find quality players
- why we buy crocks
- who makes the recruitment decisions
- why good players fail to develop and bad players get worse
- why we sell when we don't get replacements

Money isn't the reason for the above, because we spend CRAZY amounts on bone fide shit. And worse still, we make apparently good players even more SHIT. We fail to replace sold players and we have a fantastic record at buying crocks.

I'm sick of it.
fat maradona
First Teamer
Posts: 482
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

Sorry Danni, I've completely lost the point you are trying to make. Was it about money? Or was it that the owners aren't all that bad?

I think most fans are pissed off at our lack of purchases when the squad needs it the most. And so yes, it would be a solid gripe about money. Especially when the stadium is falling apart but the owners are paying themselves large dividends.

And then the other major gripe is that although we have spent money in the past, it was spunked on shite players that were marquee signings or quick, perceived fixes. And this, largely, due to a lack of structure at the very top and decisions made by a money man. And the money man is empowered by the Owners.

And so, regardless of what you say, all fingers point to the Owners.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24052
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

Ed Woodward is gonna die chant from ladt night

User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 4372
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

Captain Obvious.


Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...


Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Post Reply