OGS.....

Manchester United chat
danniitronix
Legend
Posts: 1644
Joined: 6 years ago

9 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
9 months ago
Sorry Danni, I've completely lost the point you are trying to make. Was it about money? Or was it that the owners aren't all that bad?

I think most fans are pissed off at our lack of purchases when the squad needs it the most. And so yes, it would be a solid gripe about money. Especially when the stadium is falling apart but the owners are paying themselves large dividends.

And then the other major gripe is that although we have spent money in the past, it was spunked on shite players that were marquee signings or quick, perceived fixes. And this, largely, due to a lack of structure at the very top and decisions made by a money man. And the money man is empowered by the Owners.

And so, regardless of what you say, all fingers point to the Owners.
Sorry, it is people genuinely thinking that we have not been provided enough money to buy players when we have. That is not even an argument because every stat will show that we have spent more net than every other EPL club other than City if you consider the last 5 years.

This is not an argument. I am in fact going even further to say that you are daft and not doing your cause to get the owners out by saying they don’t give us enough money.

You cannot chant like a baby and say regardless of what I say because you are not listening. This is exactly what the moaning of fans who want the owners out based on baseless ludicrous claims is and has been a total failure.

So they should go out because we have a shit stadium? Are you having a laugh, can you imagine the banners.

GLAZERS OUT, I WANT A PLASTIC CUP HOLDER

You are making no sense my friend. The thing to investigate is why the Glazers are sticking with Woodwood.
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5597
Joined: 7 years ago

9 months ago

Average out the net spend under Glazer rule, across their tenure and it looks healthy. But that's misleading. There was a crucial 4-5 years period, under ferguson, when finances were clearly hamstrung because the debt was at its peak. And THATS when we needed to be proactive because it's much easier to maintain a top class squad tha it is to build one. Weve been chasing our tails ever since. And as Sid says, that money is revenue generated by the club. Albeit, revenues have soared under Glazer rule.

Whilst the debt issue sickens me, their biggest failure is allowing the club to sink away because its clearly not being run by football people, and NOTHING is being done about it.
danniitronix
Legend
Posts: 1644
Joined: 6 years ago

9 months ago

As an FYI, in the last 10 years we have worldwide the third highest net spend

City
PSG
United

Out spending Barca and RM.

Do not event come on hear and say we don’t have enough, or never enough cash.

It is a disgrace that we have had so much money with so little return.

Unless you actually articulate a genuine reason why the owners are at fault the movement will be as it has been for the last couple of decades, a damp squib,

That is unless we win a pot in which case no one gives a fuck and will go back to their Stone Island.
danniitronix
Legend
Posts: 1644
Joined: 6 years ago

9 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
9 months ago
Average out the net spend under Glazer rule, across their tenure and it looks healthy. But that's misleading. There was a crucial 4-5 years period, under ferguson, when finances were clearly hamstrung because the debt was at its peak. And THATS when we needed to be proactive because it's much easier to maintain a top class squad tha it is to build one. Weve been chasing our tails ever since. And as Sid says, that money is revenue generated by the club. Albeit, revenues have soared under Glazer rule.

Whilst the debt issue sickens me, their biggest failure is allowing the club to sink away because its clearly not being run by football people, and NOTHING is being done about it.
That is a fair point. Who actually runs the club, by all accounts the Glazers don’t do fuck all other than strip cash and give us a bit less cash that Citeh’s owners. No manager or other sources has ever said that the Glazers interfere or stop the footballing plans. I don’t know if that is true or not but assume it is.

Taggart and Charlton as well as Gill are on the board!!!!! Not being run by football men? Are you taking the piss??

Are we saying that these old duffers want to see the place go down in smoke and sit their taking their salary? Nah man, nah. This is not coming from the top.
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5597
Joined: 7 years ago

9 months ago

danniitronix wrote:
9 months ago
As an FYI, in the last 10 years we have worldwide the third highest net spend

City
PSG
United

Out spending Barca and RM.

Do not event come on hear and say we don’t have enough, or never enough cash.

It is a disgrace that we have had so much money with so little return.

Unless you actually articulate a genuine reason why the owners are at fault the movement will be as it has been for the last couple of decades, a damp squib,

That is unless we win a pot in which case no one gives a fuck and will go back to their Stone Island.
That's exactly part of my point. Bring in a proper DOF and recruitment team and they'll get more quality for less money. Its stark. So why arent they doing it?
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5597
Joined: 7 years ago

9 months ago

danniitronix wrote:
9 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
9 months ago
Average out the net spend under Glazer rule, across their tenure and it looks healthy. But that's misleading. There was a crucial 4-5 years period, under ferguson, when finances were clearly hamstrung because the debt was at its peak. And THATS when we needed to be proactive because it's much easier to maintain a top class squad tha it is to build one. Weve been chasing our tails ever since. And as Sid says, that money is revenue generated by the club. Albeit, revenues have soared under Glazer rule.

Whilst the debt issue sickens me, their biggest failure is allowing the club to sink away because its clearly not being run by football people, and NOTHING is being done about it.
That is a fair point. Who actually runs the club, by all accounts the Glazers don’t do fuck all other than strip cash and give us a bit less cash that Citeh’s owners. No manager or other sources has ever said that the Glazers interfere or stop the footballing plans. I don’t know if that is true or not but assume it is.

Taggart and Charlton as well as Gill are on the board!!!!! Not being run by football men? Are you taking the piss??

Are we saying that these old duffers want to see the place go down in smoke and sit their taking their salary? Nah man, nah. This is not coming from the top.
On the board, but in what capacity? Who runs the scouting department? Who sets our playing identity, identifies targets and approves deals, then lands them? Because that's where its falling down. Its not Ferguson, Gill or Charlton. Their window dressing. A nod to yesteryear for posterity.

Not that I think for a second that Ole is qualified or up to ot. But get that right, and the rest becomes much easier.
User avatar
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend
Posts: 5241
Joined: 7 years ago

9 months ago

pulling back spending because previous signings have been shite is the same argument as keeping a novice in the job because top managers have failed
lkhm

hoofing
danniitronix
Legend
Posts: 1644
Joined: 6 years ago

9 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
9 months ago
danniitronix wrote:
9 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
9 months ago
Average out the net spend under Glazer rule, across their tenure and it looks healthy. But that's misleading. There was a crucial 4-5 years period, under ferguson, when finances were clearly hamstrung because the debt was at its peak. And THATS when we needed to be proactive because it's much easier to maintain a top class squad tha it is to build one. Weve been chasing our tails ever since. And as Sid says, that money is revenue generated by the club. Albeit, revenues have soared under Glazer rule.

Whilst the debt issue sickens me, their biggest failure is allowing the club to sink away because its clearly not being run by football people, and NOTHING is being done about it.
That is a fair point. Who actually runs the club, by all accounts the Glazers don’t do fuck all other than strip cash and give us a bit less cash that Citeh’s owners. No manager or other sources has ever said that the Glazers interfere or stop the footballing plans. I don’t know if that is true or not but assume it is.

Taggart and Charlton as well as Gill are on the board!!!!! Not being run by football men? Are you taking the piss??

Are we saying that these old duffers want to see the place go down in smoke and sit their taking their salary? Nah man, nah. This is not coming from the top.
On the board, but in what capacity? Who runs the scouting department? Who sets our playing identity, identifies targets and approves deals, then lands them? Because that's where its falling down. Its not Ferguson, Gill or Charlton. Their window dressing. A nod to yesteryear for posterity.

Not that I think for a second that Ole is qualified or up to ot. But get that right, and the rest becomes much easier.
That’s fair enough and well said.

If you had spent so much on Sanchez as you did to the scouting system that would be money well spent.
danniitronix
Legend
Posts: 1644
Joined: 6 years ago

9 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
9 months ago
pulling back spending because previous signings have been shite is the same argument as keeping a novice in the job because top managers have failed
Knobs we need to keep spending but ffs we need to spend it better - not on crocks, show ponies, or cunts who want to use united as a finishing school for their career. Cunts.

And we need a cunt who can actually manage these money grabbing tyrants.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24890
Joined: 7 years ago

9 months ago

danniitronix wrote:
9 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
9 months ago
Average out the net spend under Glazer rule, across their tenure and it looks healthy. But that's misleading. There was a crucial 4-5 years period, under ferguson, when finances were clearly hamstrung because the debt was at its peak. And THATS when we needed to be proactive because it's much easier to maintain a top class squad tha it is to build one. Weve been chasing our tails ever since. And as Sid says, that money is revenue generated by the club. Albeit, revenues have soared under Glazer rule.

Whilst the debt issue sickens me, their biggest failure is allowing the club to sink away because its clearly not being run by football people, and NOTHING is being done about it.
That is a fair point. Who actually runs the club, by all accounts the Glazers don’t do fuck all other than strip cash and give us a bit less cash that Citeh’s owners. No manager or other sources has ever said that the Glazers interfere or stop the footballing plans. I don’t know if that is true or not but assume it is.

Taggart and Charlton as well as Gill are on the board!!!!! Not being run by football men? Are you taking the piss??

Are we saying that these old duffers want to see the place go down in smoke and sit their taking their salary? Nah man, nah. This is not coming from the top.
I read there's a Glazer in charge of every department of the club. And it's well known Avram and the other freak oversee every penny spent, which probably explains why we're so slow with transfers and only capable of doing one at a time.
Post Reply