OGS.....

Manchester United chat
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 month ago

Apparently its Avram that wont sign off on the Bruno deal because 'he doesnt think hes worth it'.

How the fuck is he qualified to judge?
danniitronix
Legend

1 month ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 month ago
Apparently its Avram that wont sign off on the Bruno deal because 'he doesnt think hes worth it'.

If that is right fair enough but look no one in any authority including the board which is full of the grandees, any manager or assistant or any player has ever come out and said that Malc and his crew have blocked it. Never.

But this is the contradiction 80m plus for a cunt and we all want to spend it, yet for past 5 years almost everything we have ever bought has not been worth it.

You need to pay top dollar so let’s do it. I just don’t buy it that Malc stops transfers day in and day out. We would have had a rebellion.
danniitronix
Legend

1 month ago

They must be looking for an interim manager.
jason_uk
First Teamer

1 month ago

Danni, are you trying to justify that the Glazaers aren't that big of a problem, based on the fact that they have allowed to the club to spend some of its own money in the past 6/7 years?

The glazers are the root of everything that is wrong at the club. You are saying they are giving the money(for the past few years) but that it has been wasted, and that somehow has nothing to do with them, they just write the cheques when asked to, so aren't all that bad?

They own the club, and are responsible for this money being wasted. They have installed a banker as the CEO, who had(and still has) little football knowledge, and how to run a club. If this banker(and his team) continues to waste money on failed purchases/managers, that falls on the Glazers. They back him 100%, he is their man, and he wont be sacked. They should have acted years ago to sack the man who continues to waste the cash (when they finally stumped it up). They are responsibly for putting people in positions, so it is on them when money is wasted.

If they had a clue, woodward would be moved out of football matters, and a DoF would be put in place, who would build a squad based on targets to fit in to Man Utd, not just go on an eternal scatter gun transfer approach - manager to manager. This not being the case is ON THEM.

It's also clear to see that United went from a club(when they were already the best club in the country) in the late 90's early 00's to going out and buying the very best players, to add to the squad and keep improving. That is a fact, we broke countless transfer records in those years. As soon as the Glazers came in 2005, that all stopped(aside from the one summer we got Nani/Anderson/Hargreaves). The club was fucked from their takeover, and could no longer buy the best to enhance an already good squad. That continued for 9 years basically until 2014, when they opened the purse strings. The current state of the squad is because of that lack of proper investment in those years. It's so obvious, I can't believe you are trying to justify them as owners, as they have thrown alot of cash at the problem now, years after it was neglected, and leaving it in the hands of an incompetent fool.

Had Gill and Ferguson been allowed to operate as they had post takeover, in 2013 the squad would have been alot better than it was, and the next manager would have had some chance of coming in and doing better than what we have seen since ferguson retired.

The Glazers are a cancer, will continue to devour the club, until the asset is a stripped carcass, and they can sell off the remainder, for more profit, as they haven't put a single penny of their own into buying the club.
From a non united perspective, yeah fair play to them, they played a blinder, was an unbelievable bit of business to get the club as they did, allows their whole family to line their pockets for as long as the want.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

danniitronix wrote:
1 month ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 month ago

If that is right fair enough but look no one in any authority including the board which is full of the grandees, any manager or assistant or any player has ever come out and said that Malc and his crew have blocked it. Never.

But this is the contradiction 80m plus for a cunt and we all want to spend it, yet for past 5 years almost everything we have ever bought has not been worth it.

You need to pay top dollar so let’s do it. I just don’t buy it that Malc stops transfers day in and day out. We would have had a rebellion.
Decent journos have written quite a lot about the Glazers insisting on signing off deals (and everything else). I think it would be more bizarre if they didn't 'okay' the hundreds of millions going out on transfers. It's their club so they're ultimately in charge.

This Glazer apologism int good. I will never understand people who spend their scant free time defending rich cunts who absolutely 100% do not give a shit about you. On dinner breaks, when you're home from work, dedicating free time to defend people who're taking the piss out of you. Madness.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 month ago

danniitronix wrote:
1 month ago
They must be looking for an interim manager.
One way to rationalise the focus on short term deals only is because they expect to make a managerial change in the summer.

Another, is because we're skint.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 month ago

I said it weeks ago - purely for this season, I think Ole's job is the safest in the league. I really do. They wont sack another manager mid season, and I dont think they'll sack him in the summer. I think they've resolved to being shit for a couple of years and believe they can rebuild the squad. 'Stability' and all that.
danniitronix
Legend

1 month ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 month ago
I said it weeks ago - purely for this season, I think Ole's job is the safest in the league. I really do. They wont sack another manager mid season, and I dont think they'll sack him in the summer. I think they've resolved to being shit for a couple of years and believe they can rebuild the squad. 'Stability' and all that.
I'd take that if I was convinced there was a management team and manager that could actually buy a decent player and develop him. Otherwise, give all those millions to charity it is a simple as that.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

I think they'll go to the end of the season, unless their hand is forced by things really falling apart, but I think Ole is finished tbh.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Like Danny says the glazers have funded the team. We've spent the most apart from perhaps City post Fergie.
It's our football men that have failed us. We've bought shite players.
Ed Woodward or some Glazer decides who to buy eh? Fans always come up with this bullshit. The football folks at the club decide who to buy. And they've bought crap.

Ole must be given a few years and transfer windows to buy his players. He's made the bold move of getting rid of players he doesn't like with the risk of losing some first teamers and injuries.
He's promoting youth. This means he's not looking to save his job and is indeed planning for the long term. Fans are fickle idiots, they always have the solution. Sign Ole up, sack him, promote youth, didn't spend 150m more etc. Aren't these the complaints here?
It's our signings that aren't doing well. Our youth teamers are actually perform well. Our best players this season have been McT, Williams, Greenwood, Rashford, Maguire and WanBissaka. Now not all of them are top tier players but they've perhaps been our best players. Most of them are from the United youth setup.
Fans think sacking managers is the solution eh? That strategy didn't work well either.
At least Ole seems to have reduced social media crap in the team; plus he's not signing mercenaries. These are 2 good moves and it's been 2 big problems for us.
He needs his transfer windows and new players to be successful. We have no option but to keep him for years and hope it works out.