Legend

2 months ago

swampash wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
swampash wrote:
2 months ago
Yes, interesting how tight it is. Didn’t expect that we would be in the chase for top 4 still at this stage.
Seen the league table swamps? We're 4th with a game to spare.
Yup - you win - respect - I really didn't expect it.
Let me know which charity and I'll make the donation in your name [preferably a charity on Just Giving, as I think it will allow you to check the donation has been made].
^:)^
👍
You got anything specific in mind? I'm unable to pick atm
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Can't deny there's been improvements and that we're in good form. This doesn't address the main criticism with Ole, which is a lack of identity. But we might have enough firepower to not need one. If the starting 11 doesn't get a result, there's enough on the bench to get one. It's not ideal but in a fucked up covid hit season we're second ffs so you'd take it.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago

Can't deny there's been improvements and that we're in good form. This doesn't address the main criticism with Ole, which is a lack of identity. But we might have enough firepower to not need one. If the starting 11 doesn't get a result, there's enough on the bench to get one. It's not ideal but in a fucked up covid hit season we're second ffs so you'd take it.
Yes, but so far Ole has only improved on our previous results under his management. He hasn't yet matched our results under Jose, or even Gaal I think.
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
swampash wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
swampash wrote:
2 months ago
Yes, interesting how tight it is. Didn’t expect that we would be in the chase for top 4 still at this stage.
Seen the league table swamps? We're 4th with a game to spare.
Yup - you win - respect - I really didn't expect it.
Let me know which charity and I'll make the donation in your name [preferably a charity on Just Giving, as I think it will allow you to check the donation has been made].
^:)^
👍
You got anything specific in mind? I'm unable to pick atm
Sure - will pm you.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago

Yes, but so far Ole has only improved on our previous results under his management. He hasn't yet matched our results under Jose, or even Gaal I think.
But the football is way better. Even the counters, they're not prehistoric Jose hoofs to a cunt that can't control the ball, they're brilliant creative moments. That has to count for a lot - especially as under Gaal all anybody wanted was entertainment, apparently. Well now you're getting more than under him and Jose Pulis.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 months ago

We lack a player who can go past the opposition in tight spaces, to open teams up. Grealish could be that player. Maybe as a replacement for Pogba, play him in one of the wide forward spots?
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago

But the football is way better. Even the counters, they're not prehistoric Jose hoofs to a cunt that can't control the ball, they're brilliant creative moments. That has to count for a lot - especially as under Gaal all anybody wanted was entertainment, apparently. Well now you're getting more than under him and Jose Pulis.
Yeah it’s definitely more entertaining. I never wanted Jose anyway, so I don’t miss those days. I’m just saying, in terms of actual factual results and points, Ole hasn’t yet done better than his predecessors. Jose got 81 points. Jose and Gaal won cups. The Ole feel good factor has made a lot of fans ignore basic factual realities.

Anyway, I’m rooting for Ole and the team this season, we’re in with a chance. But I’m worried that if Fernandes gets a long injury, that we’ll realize that all year we were actually just supporting him, because we’ll go back to being total shit without him. I worry we’re dependent on a single good player’s good run of form. There’s no pattern of play coached into the team so that someone could step in and take Fernandez’ place.
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

You're right again bman - we are way too dependent on Bruno. We need to take the pressure off him by playing Van de Beek in midfield. Otherwise we are going to see Bruno getting burned out or seriously injured. I cannot see why the hobbit only seems to see VdB as sub for Bruno. Makes no sense at all.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago

Yeah it’s definitely more entertaining. I never wanted Jose anyway, so I don’t miss those days. I’m just saying, in terms of actual factual results and points, Ole hasn’t yet done better than his predecessors. Jose got 81 points. Jose and Gaal won cups. The Ole feel good factor has made a lot of fans ignore basic factual realities.

Anyway, I’m rooting for Ole and the team this season, we’re in with a chance. But I’m worried that if Fernandes gets a long injury, that we’ll realize that all year we were actually just supporting him, because we’ll go back to being total shit without him. I worry we’re dependent on a single good player’s good run of form. There’s no pattern of play coached into the team so that someone could step in and take Fernandez’ place.
Yeah no I agree with all that tbf. We are a counterattacking team that relies on individuals when that doesn't work. And heavily on one individual in Fernandes. Take him away and what do we have left. Nowt. There is no foundation, no philosophy.

Having said that that might be enough to win a pot or finish second... Or even win the league. Who knows. I think the biggest factor this season is who handles the covid disruption the best. With these new strains I can't see how football carries on. It has to be a full lockdown, surely, and for quite a long time.
fat maradona
Legend

2 months ago

Fair johns, Ole deserves credit for where we stand in the table (2nd but could go level on points) and we are still in the cups (although crashing out of the CL was annoying). The dressing room seems more harmonious and I won't deny we are playing more attractive football and are a genuine threat.

However, how much of this is down to Ole? Before-Bruno United was clumsy, void of any creativity and a team that no one, not even Norwich, feared. Take Bruno out and we revert back, probably not as terrible as BB but not as good for sure. And this is a funny season, any team can get a result and the Liverpool/Citeh juggernauts haven't had it all their own way as in the past. In any other season where the Liverpool/City don't drop as many points as this season, would we still be 2nd or would we be 4/5th?

Ole's transfer dealings have been mostly 'meh' and overpriced and he is tactically naive and still learning. He is too reliant on Bruno, which I actually think has a detrimental affect on Bruno, he tries too hard and then makes more mistakes as a result. Take the pressure off him a bit, let him do this thing without him having to think that if he doesn't, then no other cunt will either.

Anyway, I can moan about this all day long but we are where we are and nowt any of us can do about it.