OGS.....

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 5 years ago Ole’s equalled our all time club record of 7 away wins on the bounce.

In his first 7 away games.
Things are going very well, but we’ve mostly played dross, the run-in is definitely a tougher sequence of fixtures. I’m not discounting beating dross handily — it’s cetainly not something we could take for granted under the previous three managers.

I’d say we look like the fourth best team in the league. Dippers, Bitters, and Spurs are a level above us. Hopefully we can finish fourth — Jose fucking handicapped us there, the prick.
bman2
Legend

The best thing Ole could do now is start getting competitive form out of the squad for the front six positions in the team (attack and midfield). Sanchez, Fred, etc — if players like that weee making strong cases to start, it would be a massive boost. I’m worried about running out of steam an injuries.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 5 years ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 5 years ago Ole’s equalled our all time club record of 7 away wins on the bounce.

In his first 7 away games.
Things are going very well, but we’ve mostly played dross, the run-in is definitely a tougher sequence of fixtures. I’m not discounting beating dross handily — it’s cetainly not something we could take for granted under the previous three managers.

I’d say we look like the fourth best team in the league. Dippers, Bitters, and Spurs are a level above us. Hopefully we can finish fourth — Jose fucking handicapped us there, the prick.
Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea away isn't dross. Spurs were comfortably second when we beat em, in a match that Poch said was the best they'd ever played in his 4 and a half years as boss. 3 out of 7 is not "mostly dross", more a difficult run.

But yeah I agree we're probably 4th best in the league. I'll take that all day after Jose had us slumming it midtable. It's a great platform for next season.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I don't think there's much at all between us and Spurs in terms of squad strength. Difference is, Poch has had 4 years and Ole has had 2 months.

We're behind city and Liverpool no doubt, but with 3 of the right signings this summer and next, we could be right back there.
dozer
Legend

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 5 years ago I don't think there's much at all between us and Spurs in terms of squad strength. Difference is, Poch has had 4 years and Ole has had 2 months.

We're behind city and Liverpool no doubt, but with 3 of the right signings this summer and next, we could be right back there.
Problem is, usually 2/3 signings don't work out. Sanchez, Mata, Fred, Bailly, Di Maria, Mkhi, Falcao etc didn't work out.
A few do, so even with 3 signings I expect only 1 of them to shine. 2 if we're very very lucky.

I think we're at least 2 seasons away if things pan out well.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

dozer wrote: 5 years ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 5 years ago I don't think there's much at all between us and Spurs in terms of squad strength. Difference is, Poch has had 4 years and Ole has had 2 months.

Problem is, usually 2/3 signings don't work out. Sanchez, Mata, Fred, Bailly, Di Maria, Mkhi, Falcao etc didn't work out.
A few do, so even with 3 signings I expect only 1 of them to shine. 2 if we're very very lucky.

Those signings all landed in a club with so sense of itself. Some signings don't work, granted. But if we're run properly, there's no reason why the majority of signings can't work out.
Lazarus
Legend

Bman and Dozer are idiots ffs.....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
FuB
Site Admin

Lazarus wrote: 5 years ago Bman and Dozer are idiots ffs.....
i'm not really sure what any of us can do to be as enlightened as you though, mate. None of us know your dealer for a start.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Lazarus
Legend

FuB wrote: 5 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 5 years ago Bman and Dozer are idiots ffs.....
i'm not really sure what any of us can do to be as enlightened as you though, mate. None of us know your dealer for a start.
It's easy..... My dealer only helps take the immediacy out of my need to share the enlightenedness all the time. :joint:
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 5 years ago

Some clubs seem to do better on signings. City, for example. They don't seem to have many signings in recent years that are just flops. Maybe some are just squaddies. Juve seems to do really well, and Atletico maybe better than anyone, from a value perspective. Is it about have good directors of football, scouting systems, and all that? These clubs just seem really professional about transfers. We were at best a 50% transfer success rate even under Ferguson.