OGS.....

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

marlon wrote: 4 years ago Why make Solskjaer DoF? We could just hire someone who has a clue, instead of a british first policy.
That would be my ideal preference: top DoF plus an excellent manager. But if Woodward wants to save some face, the Ole as dof thing might be ok too.
ZeBlamelessOle
Youth Teamer

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago
marlon wrote: 4 years ago Why make Solskjaer DoF? We could just hire someone who has a clue, instead of a british first policy.
That would be my ideal preference: top DoF plus an excellent manager. But if Woodward wants to save some face, the Ole as dof thing might be ok too.
I dont care about Woodard feelings. Getting Ole out is our best shot at ridding ourselves of him
ZeBlamelessOle
Youth Teamer

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 4 years ago Behave. Hes got em playing good football, defensively solid, progressive-ish style of playing. Hes a good coach. Hes about as good as we could get right now
Given that the man I'm about to mention,
1. Had Pogba playing the best football of his career,
2. Is the last coach to eliminate Jurgen Klopp over a 2 legged cup tie
3. Is seen by Sir Alex Ferguson's own benchmark (Lippi) as his natural heir
4. Is the last man to win the Scudetto with a team other than Juventus which broke Inter's stranglehold on the League.
5. Took a squad that got eliminated in the group stage by his predecessor to within 1 game of the Treble
6. Won Juventus their first Scudetto and Coppa Italia double for 20 years and repeated the feat 3 times on top of that
7. Rebuilt Juventus' first team and added depth to their squad prior to leaving after winning his 5th Scudetto in 5 years.
8. Has faced Pep, Zidane, Poch, Klopp, Simeone, Luis Enrique, Jose Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti with only Guardiola escaping without defeat through an incorrect linesman's flag, I'd say he's a tactical genius.
The man is Massimiliano Allegri, who is free right now. A winner with the tactical prowess of Mourinho, the man management skills of Ancelotti and motivational skills of Conte (pride in the badge), its a no brainer.
Lazarus
Legend

He's 71 and been in China for the last 7 years. 9 years since he managed Italy...... Class idea!

Was going to call you Zeb's but some other wanker had that name and he might come back......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
ZeBlamelessOle
Youth Teamer

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago He's 71 and been in China for the last 7 years. 9 years since he managed Italy...... Class idea!

Was going to call you Zeb's but some other wanker had that name and he might come back......
Allegri is 52
FuB
Site Admin

ZeBlamelessOle wrote: 4 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago He's 71 and been in China for the last 7 years. 9 years since he managed Italy...... Class idea!

Allegri is 52
don't worry... some people here will actually read your posts.

I disapproved your post in the newbies thread because you gave your real name. there's no requirement here to do so. if you want to repost the same message, i'll approve it immediately but I wanted to give you the opportunity to maintain some privacy if you so wish.

welcome to the board anyway
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
ZeBlamelessOle
Youth Teamer

That's fine. How can i do that?
FuB
Site Admin

ZeBlamelessOle wrote: 4 years ago That's fine. How can i do that?
just post it again! you're beyond the need for post approval now anyway
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
marlon
Legend

Allegri would be fine, but you're misrepresenting his record a bit. Mourinho, Conte, Pep - even Ranieri all have winning records against him

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/massimi ... 671/plus/1
ZeBlamelessOle
Youth Teamer

marlon wrote: 4 years ago Allegri would be fine, but you're misrepresenting his record a bit. Mourinho, Conte, Pep - even Ranieri all have winning records against him

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/massimi ... 671/plus/1
Mourinho faced him only twice since Allegri moved from Cagliari to Milan (and then to Juve)
Ranieri managed Juventus & Roma while Allegri was at Cagliari and Sassuolo respectively.
Conte- probably the only one who can be seen as equal
Pep- like I said, only beat him at Milan due to 2 penalties (QF 2012), 1 time in a dead-rubber group stage contest in the same season (Nov 2011 if I'm not mistaken) and due to an incorrect linesman's flag when Juve faced Bayern in that CL classic in 2016 (Juve were 2-0 up at the Allianz and that disallowed goal turned the tie).

He's my preference mainly for Pogba who is our best player. I'd rather keep Pogba with Allegri on board rather than sell him with Ole around as that money will either be:
1. Siphoned to Florida
2. Reinvested on crap like Declan Rice (not Maddison)