OGS.....

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Solskjær: "It didn't seem like you were expecting that, all the predictions were sixth or seventh. That's alright. If I'm getting criticised that makes me stronger. Please don't praise me too much because you can become complacent." #mulive

Ole biting back. Can't knock a top 3 finish, beating loads of big clubs on his way.
swampash
Legend

Fair enough. Still have my doubts about him but he deserves due respect for achieving third place and CL football.
Recruitment and clearing out the crap is highest priority.
dozer
Legend

Maguire has played too many games also. He looks jaded like Bruno.
Ole's mentioned next season he can't rest players in the European games because its the champions league. This means Bruno, maguire, pogba etc will play a lot more. Hopefully it's an indication to the board that we need to buy a lot more
bman2
Legend

Getting third and CL is great. It was really important to do that. Apart from that, the best thing that Ole has done is improve the atmosphere and culture around the club. I think that's what is giving us the most sense of progress. There are several players that have stepped up a notch this season -- Fred, Matic, Martial. The signings have been pretty good, although I don't think that they have been amazing yet.

If you want to judge Ole more harshly, we can point out that we finished with 66 points. So that's a step back from Jose's two finishes and in line with what Moyes and LVG did. Normally you wouldn't get into the CL with 66 points. So he got a bit lucky that most of the big clubs had major problems this season. It's worth pointing out that Lampard got the same points total without being able to sign anyone. Other than a few parking the bus occasions against top sides, we also never look that impressive from a tactical perspective.
swampash
Legend

bman2 wrote: we also never look that impressive from a tactical perspective.
Critical observation bman and my biggest concern about the hobbit.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago Getting third and CL is great. It was really important to do that. Apart from that, the best thing that Ole has done is improve the atmosphere and culture around the club. I think that's what is giving us the most sense of progress. There are several players that have stepped up a notch this season -- Fred, Matic, Martial. The signings have been pretty good, although I don't think that they have been amazing yet.

If you want to judge Ole more harshly, we can point out that we finished with 66 points. So that's a step back from Jose's two finishes and in line with what Moyes and LVG did. Normally you wouldn't get into the CL with 66 points. So he got a bit lucky that most of the big clubs had major problems this season. It's worth pointing out that Lampard got the same points total without being able to sign anyone. Other than a few parking the bus occasions against top sides, we also never look that impressive from a tactical perspective.
Ole has made the team likeable again. It's a good mix of youth and older players with quality. When I read that Sanchez was coming back in summer my heart sank. It's a reminder that there's still some basic house clearing to be done. The money they're stealing every week should be spent on new young players, quality players, and Greenwood who deserves a wodge.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Wow, United were out of the top 4 from September until the penultimate game week. Mad.
swampash
Legend

Great to be back in the CL but we are light years away from having a chance of winning it...
dozer
Legend

So... can we all agree that Ole's done well in each of his two seasons in charge.
Season 1, he took over mid way and did much better than Jose wr.t. the quality of football on the pitch and the league position.
Ditto in season 2.
He's got the momentum to build on.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The best thing is that he does actually have a plan to play something other than counterattack football. Cos while counterattack football functioned a lot better under Ole and than Jose, it doesn't beat most teams like it used to, especially shite mid table / relegation teams that sit in.