OGS.....

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

We'll probably finish in the top four in consecutive seasons since Fergie.
And we were third in points in ole's first season since he took over but Jose's first half that season cost us top 4.

Ole's spent less than Gaal and Jose.

But I guess we haven't improved. Ole's not good enough because we didn't win the Premier league already. Poch and Tuchel would have won us the title, especially the Europa league.
swampash
Legend

dozer wrote: 3 years ago
swampash wrote: 3 years ago I'm not totally convinced the modern game suits old style CFs.
Hey swamps what happened to the bet donation?
duly paid dozer - to the Samson Trust as agreed
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 3 years ago We'll probably finish in the top four in consecutive seasons since Fergie.
And we were third in points in ole's first season since he took over but Jose's first half that season cost us top 4.

But I guess we haven't improved. Ole's not good enough because we didn't win the Premier league already. Poch and Tuchel would have won us the title, especially the Europa league.
Some fair points tbf
fat maradona
Legend

dozer wrote: 3 years ago We'll probably finish in the top four in consecutive seasons since Fergie.

Tuchel has come in and already improved the likes of Havertz, which is something I think Ole lacks, the ability to coach players to be better.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We're lacking an identity under Ole and probably won't win a major trophy under him

But the game against Spurs showed how far we've come. If you'd have said Ole would build a better functioning football team that played better football and got better results than Jose at Tottenham, with their squad that has two world class players in it, you'd have been laughed at

But it shows there's been progress, cos we were like Spurs under Jose; dysfunctional on the pitch, players not knowing their roles, we parked the bus after scoring, loads of hoofs, the players hated football, the fans hated them and each other... It toxic, bitter, angry, just like Jose himself

But we're nothing like that now, we've come a long way since
swampash
Legend

Agree with much of that Sid, but according to Pogba: "What I have now with Ole is different because he wouldn’t go against the players”. Therein lies another problem. He might be their best mate but to be a good coach that simply isn't enough even if it means he's not as disruptive as Mourinho.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago Agree with much of that Sid, but according to Pogba: "What I have now with Ole is different because he wouldn’t go against the players”. Therein lies another problem. He might be their best mate but to be a good coach that simply isn't enough even if it means he's not as disruptive as Mourinho.
I've just read that interview. Interesting how Pogba has come out in defence of Ole. His words kind of prove what we all thought about Ole and Jose: that Ole's players love him cos he's a bit soft but let's em play, and Jose's players hate him cos he's a cunt and forces them to play his outdated way. It's probably too much either way. But at least we're closer to the major trophies under Ole going into his third season than we were under Jose going into his. The place was on fire that that point with Rashford playing at left back.

This bit is good: Pogba “We just focus on us, we won the game, he lost the game, and he doesn’t want to speak about the game. He wants to speak about the dad of someone; that’s what he does. Everybody knows it. It’s very Mourinho.”
swampash
Legend

Incidentally, Nagelsmann is now being touted over here as the next Bayern coach rather than Spurs, in the expectation Flick will become the next national coach.
bman2
Legend

So the club PR is spinning that Ole is a nice guy and Jose is a prick. Yeah no shit. Most of us on here knew Jose was a prick and didn’t want the club to hire him for that reason. This just makes Woodward look even more incompetent.

So three years and a few hundred millions of pounds later, where are we? Ole might be able to replicate what Jose did, coming second in the league and winning the Europa. But without being an obnoxious prick. It’s not that much to get excited about, is it?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago Incidentally, Nagelsmann is now being touted over here as the next Bayern coach rather than Spurs, in the expectation Flick will become the next national coach.
Yeah looks like Nagelsmann is gonna ditch Spurs for Bayern, as you would, which leaves Levy a bit fucked with that dinosaur at the helm. Are there any other exciting young german managers in bundesliga that would be good for us in a few years?