OGS.....

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

We’re competing with Newcastle now to get a good long-term manager and DoF. They’ll probably handle it professionally. I bet they’ll take Overmas and Ten Hag, and we’ll be standing around like clueless gosbhites again taking whoever is left.
sheesh
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago We’re competing with Newcastle now to get a good long-term manager and DoF. They’ll probably handle it professionally. I bet they’ll take Overmas and Ten Hag, and we’ll be standing around like clueless gosbhites again taking whoever is left.
That's my fear. I believe Barcelona have also been linked with Ten Hag as well.

There's an update in the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... oel-glazer
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago All of that is exactly right. Remember how the club gave Ole the permanent job without even waiting to the end of the season? We had that good park the bus win at PSG, then they gave him the job! After one lucky win! And everything went to shit right after that. And it looked at the time like it was cause and effect, because at least some of the players knew he wasn’t up to it.

There’s no point letting this fester and definitely no point to let the season go to waste. Get someone in. There has to be an experienced pro manager who can handle the fundamentals available. Chelsea have done that several times. Some Dutch or Italian manager who will at least organize the team ffs. Just to the summer.
I agree. There's something about how Chelsea are run in that they can sack a manager and they won't go through the same level as turmoil as us.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago I bet they were never serious about Conte. They probably didn't even contact him. It will have been the usual PR to look like they're doing something.
Would you actually want Conte though Sid?

I mean, right now its a shit show, but we ain't winning anything this season anyway. I'd rather wait a few months get someone better suited, than go with Conte now, because I think it would fuck us up and set us back - and the squad actually ain't that far off now. It needs tweaks and a proper manager rather than full on rebuild.
Yeah I agree with you really, that it's probably better to wait. Conte could be ruinous. He spent 600m in 4 years, and is a cunt to boot.

I'm just depressed at how the club string us along. It's so transparent. They should be using this time to talk to other managers about plans, recruitment, philosophy etc. but they won't.
Its the lack of footballing decision making competency and worse, the obvious lack of intent that leaves me in dismay. Even if you put to one side the lecherous motives of the Glazers and the commercial operation around the club, the club could still deploy a genuine intent to win trophies and embed skilled, experienced and proven leaders in key footballing roles. And a successful team would only strengthen commercial performance. Ole should never really have been given the job in the first place, which isn't his fault, but there's no one in the club driving proper standards and making considered decisions. Did no one step back in the summer and ask the honest question as to whether Ole is even close to the level of a Klopp, Pep or Tuchel? Did they fuck. Fucking hell, Ole and his team only signed 3 year deals a month ago and now we're talking about having to sack him!! Its incompetence of extraordinary levels. Even the signing of Ronaldo was driven purely by sentiment and commercial opportunity - you don't put Ronaldo into a team that can't do his running for him or control the game through strong technical ability. We spent 80m on a right winger that looks to be a poor mans Lingard and neglected a midfield that's been shown time and time again to be sub-par. Klopp, Pep - any manager worth their salt places the team above individuals. We don't. Take Pogba - if he wants out then fine, but he's been making those noises ever since he arrived and he's clearly just running down his contract. He should've been sat down in the summer and given 2 choices - sign a new contract or leave. If you're still here and haven't committed to the club, you'll be in the reserves and not considered for first team selection. Might sound harsh but we're supposed to be a top club (or at least, we used to be). You have to have authority and control, otherwise you end up with the sort of horrific work rate stats that we see now.

Ah fuck the lot of em.
Well said. It's a real mess and I'm struggling to stay interested.
sheesh
Legend

Going off all this news being leaked out of the club, it sounds as if the players are going to down tools against Spurs.

I heard we're now keeping Woodward on until next May. Absolute madness.
bman2
Legend

The incompetence of the Glazers and those who work for them is actually more damaging to the club than their debt and thievery.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago Going off all this news being leaked out of the club, it sounds as if the players are going to down tools against Spurs.

What the fuck, where did you see that about Ed? God I hope that's not true
sheesh
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago Going off all this news being leaked out of the club, it sounds as if the players are going to down tools against Spurs.

That's what I heard on the United Stand.

Mark Ogden (a better source, admittedly) has heard that Woodward could remain until April: https://www.espn.co.uk/football/manches ... -take-hold

Whether it's April or May, it would be bad news either way if Woodward were to stay on for a bit longer.
bman2
Legend

=)) surely in these difficult times the club needs Woodward’s experience and wisdom! :vampire:
bman2
Legend

Remember that United can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can’t even imagine. Like chasing Sancho for years, paying £80M for him, and then having no place for him in the starting line up.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago

That's what I heard on the United Stand.

Mark Ogden (a better source, admittedly) has heard that Woodward could remain until April: https://www.espn.co.uk/football/manches ... -take-hold

Whether it's April or May, it would be bad news either way if Woodward were to stay on for a bit longer.
This is soul destroying. It's a tyranny at this point. What will it take to get rid of him, armed guerilla warfare???