OGS.....

Manchester United chat
danniitronix
Legend

2 months ago

Btw Liverpool have a next spend that is 3 times less than us over the last 5 years.

We have invested over 300 per cent move on average year on year than Liverpool. That is buying and selling players.

Yet we are 300 per cent shitter.

You can say the owners are shit because they are the owners but you can’t say they are shit because they don’t invest.

This is why no one is marching against them and no one really cares because the money is there. The problem is we are shit at spending it.

Not one manager has ever criticized the owners. Why - because they get the dosh!

We are cunts not because we don’t have money we are cunts because we don’t know how to spend it and develop players we buy.
Pikey McScum
Legend

2 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
Like I said, getting rid of our best signing post Fergie was a mistake. It cost us points overall.
Ole's biggest blunder was pandering to the fans. He got rid of that one player who had both the attitude and skills to get us goals. Doesn't look pretty but Fellaini was skilled and impactful in offense and did his best every game.
I remember Alf wanting that useless cunt Strootman instead.
Bringing in shite like fellaini in the first place is why we're in this mess.
^^^^^ THIS!

Fuck off Dozer!
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

Pikey McScum wrote:
2 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
Like I said, getting rid of our best signing post Fergie was a mistake. It cost us points overall.
Ole's biggest blunder was pandering to the fans. He got rid of that one player who had both the attitude and skills to get us goals. Doesn't look pretty but Fellaini was skilled and impactful in offense and did his best every game.
I remember Alf wanting that useless cunt Strootman instead.
Bringing in shite like fellaini in the first place is why we're in this mess.
^^^^^ THIS!

Fuck off Dozer!
Yep, he pandered to this and now the same fans want Ole to fuck off.
The same fans also want a manager who doesn't apply a short term bug fix.
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

That's a fair point dozer, but the problem is there is no evidence the hobbit knows what the long term answer is. If he did we would see some variation in tactics, a motivated team (because they would see where we are aiming) and substitutions that actually make sense.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

2 months ago

This whole 'Ole out' stuff is redundant. There is not a manager out there (apart from maybe Klopp) that would fix all our problems on the field. The club is rotten, from the top down. Sacking Ole now would be like being shot 5 times and just attending to the one wound...in the arm, whilst you took three shots in the chest. It's pointless. The club have no direction, no ethos, no football structure. One manager coming in won't change that. Am I all for a better manager coming in and replacing Ole? - Yes. But not at this moment. Ole I believe, will ultimately fail as things stand. However we're a sinking ship.

Ole does plenty to annoy me. The whole 'not sitting in The Bosses chair' at OT. Fucking cringe. He keep harping on about the old days... "when Rooney and Ronaldo were here" NO ONE GIVES A FUCK. We are literally repeating all of Liverpool's mistakes in the 90's, we are turning into a history channel club. It is no longer 1987, we shouldn't need 4-5 years to rebuild. We are a financial beast, we can fix this squad within two years. WITH PROPER FOUNDATIONS in place.

Look at Woodworm's track record, its worst than any manager we have hired. It's shocking he's still in a job. The decline is staggering. Until he fucks off away from the football side of things and we build a solid foundation, the manager is the last of our worries. We DO spend money. However, we waste 90% of it on quick fixes, Di Maria, Sanchez, Falco et al.

Ask yourselves this, has Ole been giving a top quality squad to work with? No. Would he prove his worth if we do invest? That's the million-dollar question. We're at a cross roads, do we stick with him and invest massively over the next 12 months? Get our football structure right and give him chance with a decent squad? Or do we sack him, get someone in (say Poch) and he's not backed and we are still in the same situation this time next year? What do we do then? sack Poch?

It's a fucking mess and the manager is just the top of the house that's been built on sand.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
jason_uk
First Teamer

2 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
2 months ago
This whole 'Ole out' stuff is redundant. There is not a manager out there (apart from maybe Klopp) that would fix all our problems on the field. The club is rotten, from the top down. Sacking Ole now would be like being shot 5 times and just attending to the one wound...in the arm, whilst you took three shots in the chest. It's pointless. The club have no direction, no ethos, no football structure. One manager coming in won't change that. Am I all for a better manager coming in and replacing Ole? - Yes. But not at this moment. Ole I believe, will ultimately fail as things stand. However we're a sinking ship.

Ole does plenty to annoy me. The whole 'not sitting in The Bosses chair' at OT. Fucking cringe. He keep harping on about the old days... "when Rooney and Ronaldo were here" NO ONE GIVES A FUCK. We are literally repeating all of Liverpool's mistakes in the 90's, we are turning into a history channel club. It is no longer 1987, we shouldn't need 4-5 years to rebuild. We are a financial beast, we can fix this squad within two years. WITH PROPER FOUNDATIONS in place.

Look at Woodworm's track record, its worst than any manager we have hired. It's shocking he's still in a job. The decline is staggering. Until he fucks off away from the football side of things and we build a solid foundation, the manager is the last of our worries. We DO spend money. However, we waste 90% of it on quick fixes, Di Maria, Sanchez, Falco et al.

Ask yourselves this, has Ole been giving a top quality squad to work with? No. Would he prove his worth if we do invest? That's the million-dollar question. We're at a cross roads, do we stick with him and invest massively over the next 12 months? Get our football structure right and give him chance with a decent squad? Or do we sack him, get someone in (say Poch) and he's not backed and we are still in the same situation this time next year? What do we do then? sack Poch?

It's a fucking mess and the manager is just the top of the house that's been built on sand.

I agree with everything you have said, the only problem is that Ole has absolutely no track record as a manager at a medium level, never mind the top level. If he had that background, you would be more confident to say yeah hes our man for the long term, but he is learning his trade as he goes at one of the biggest clubs in world football. You have to believe that someone with more experience at the top, would be able to get more out of the current squad - which is shit, but are showing no indication of improving. I wanted to give him to the end of the season to prove himself, but it has to get better than what has been shown.
It wouldn't happen at any other top level club, but then we are not run like any other top level club.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 months ago

Couldn't have said it better myself Bri. Spot on.

But here's what I really don't understand - it doesn't need Woodward to fuck off. He's brilliant at the tyre deals and noodle contracts. And that's when the teams shit and not competing for any of the major trophies. Imagine what the commercial performance might look like if we were actually any good!

The starting point MUST be the appointment of a DoF, or a Technical director - call it what you will, but someone who runs the football side of the operation. And he must KNOW that he's not cut out to do it. And he must look at other well run clubs and KNOW that if you get the right man running the show, you can turn out great sides at a fraction of what we've been spending.

Its been patently obvious for at least 2-3 years that this is where the problems lie. Build the right footballing structure, vision and team that can identify the best coaches, the right signings to fit your ethos and then you build. And this is why I have no confidence in us whatsoever. I can handle the idea that we might be shit for a couple more years, and that we want to build up a side based on younger talent. But the over-arching leadership and structure isn't there, so it won't happen. We'll just keep regressing.

Its not even a case of demanding huge amounts of money to rebuild. Get the right 2-3 people in leading it, and we'll spend LESS than we've have been and we'll become better!

So why the fuck isn't it happening? Hubris? Incompetence?

Fucking joke.
Pikey McScum
Legend

2 months ago

It's a fucker lads

On the one hand we can't keep sacking managers, but on the other hand those managers have to take responsibility for the state we're currently in as they brought in players who just weren't good fits at United but at exorbitant money - Brian's mentioned a few of them, but I was staggered when I looked back at some of the names (Fellaini, Valdes, Rojo, Depay, Schneiderlin, Mkhitaryan).

Say we sack Ole and bring someone else in - that manager will want time with the current squad to see what they're about; they'll want time to implement their own vision; they'll need a few transfer windows to get the players in they need......and on and on and on the merry-go-round goes. We simply can't keep doing that, it's a fucking joke
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

danniitronix wrote:
2 months ago
Btw Liverpool have a next spend that is 3 times less than us over the last 5 years.

We have invested over 300 per cent move on average year on year than Liverpool. That is buying and selling players.

Yet we are 300 per cent shitter.

You can say the owners are shit because they are the owners but you can’t say they are shit because they don’t invest.

This is why no one is marching against them and no one really cares because the money is there. The problem is we are shit at spending it.

Not one manager has ever criticized the owners. Why - because they get the dosh!

We are cunts not because we don’t have money we are cunts because we don’t know how to spend it and develop players we buy.
There were constant anti Glazer chants last night, from kick off to full time. There's loads of vids on twitter.

Yeah they've spent (our) money recently but there's more to running a club than that. It's the lack of structure and ultimately arsedness towards the football side of things from the Glazers and Ed that's pissing off fans, and resulted in the chants last night and the game before.

And lets have some wider context. The Glazers have only recently started spending money. Fergie had a good 5 or 6 years or doing it on a budget - the "no value" years - when we replaced Ronnie with Val and Obertan etc.
fat maradona
First Teamer

2 months ago

Pikey McScum wrote:
2 months ago
It's a fucker lads

On the one hand we can't keep sacking managers, but on the other hand those managers have to take responsibility for the state we're currently in as they brought in players who just weren't good fits at United but at exorbitant money - Brian's mentioned a few of them, but I was staggered when I looked back at some of the names (Fellaini, Valdes, Rojo, Depay, Schneiderlin, Mkhitaryan).

Say we sack Ole and bring someone else in - that manager will want time with the current squad to see what they're about; they'll want time to implement their own vision; they'll need a few transfer windows to get the players in they need......and on and on and on the merry-go-round goes. We simply can't keep doing that, it's a fucking joke
The United managers job has become a poison chalice tbf, it breaks everyones reputations. And so why would anyone decent want to take it? But despite this, we still have both Poch and Allegri (allegedly) interested in taking the job. I'd love Allegri to come in, he worked wonders at Juve. The main problem will always be the owners and the CEO and how the club is currently managed. It needs to move ahead with the times and appoint the necessary layers, properly qualified personnel who know what they are doing. But we've been saying this for a year or so now and still nothing has changed. Until this happens, all the club will be doing is painting over the mould. And as we all know, mould will always come back unless treated properly.

Some of the players mentioned above came with decent reputations. For example, Mkhy was Bundesliga player of the season and had scored a shit load of goals/made loads of assists in that season and the one prior. But it was his bad luck that he didn't fit Mourinho's type of player (even though Mourinho wanted him). And his experience at United has left him broken but he wasn't a shite player at Dortmund. Depay also came with a decent reputation and look at the fucker now, one of the best players in Ligue 1 (14 or 15 goals already this season). Schneiderlin, tbf, had had a great season or two at Southampton and was worth a punt but didn't have the minerals to step up. Anyway.....my point being, I don't think it's because the scouting is shite (all the time) and is as much the coaching as anything else.

Ole is basically our Reek (Game of Thrones), he just does what he is told. I don't see much evidence of coaching and I don't see any tactics played out on the pitch, apart from give it James or Rashford and let them run at the oppo defence. The movement is static and the football is no different to what it was under LvG (pass sideways and backwards) or Mourinho (devoid of any ideas). Ole needs to be replaced but there is no point in doing this unless the club have got a proper fucking plan.

And don't even get me started on Martial. That cunt has proved that he isn't good enough for us. Apart from his first season, he hasn't offered much. Now is his time to prove that he is the main man but just look at his performance against the vermin and the mightly Burnley. Sell the cunt.

And Lingard on last night? Leaving Gomes on the bench? No wonder he doesn't want to sign a new contract.