OGS.....

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Star Man

2 months ago

Yeh, and Ole has spent over £230m himself....what's your point? Isn't he buying himself out of trouble too then? If I recall, Di Maria and Falcao were not his choices. Depay and Blind were, the former couldn't handle the pressure and the latter did a good utility man job for us.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Koeman wants Depay at Barca. It'll be interesting to see how he handles the pressure, if he moves. He's a much better player now than the one we got.
fat maradona
Star Man

2 months ago

Yeh, and for cheaps too...something like £30m....but that Ligue 1 is a big step down from the top euro leagues imo. He is a better player than when we had him but I don't think he's Barca material but maybe Koeman thinks the same as LvG did, which is compatriots etc
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
Yeh, and Ole has spent over £230m himself....what's your point? Isn't he buying himself out of trouble too then? If I recall, Di Maria and Falcao were not his choices. Depay and Blind were, the former couldn't handle the pressure and the latter did a good utility man job for us.
Di Maria was definitely Gaal's choice. What are you basing this on? Gaal hasnt stopped bashing Woodward since he left. Did Gaal say this? No.

Ole's got rid of Lukaku, Sanchez etc and has spent way less than his predecessors net and has got us 3rd which is better than Moyes, Jose and Gaal. We were 3rd (since he took over) in his first season without any new signings as well.
Last edited by dozer on Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

Depay wasn't Gaal's fault. He was just crap.
fat maradona
Star Man

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
Di Maria was definitely Gaal's choice. What are you basing this on? Gaal hasnt stopped bashing Woodward since he left. Did Gaal say this? No.

Ole's got rid of Lukaku, Sanchez etc and has spent way less than his predecessors net and has got us 3rd which is better than Moyes, Jose and Gaal. We were 3rd (since he took over) in his first season without any new signings as well.
And how do you know that Di Maria wasn't Woodward's signing? Lots of respected journos have written that Van Gaal hadn't asked for him. I don't think Gaal wanted Shaw, as the deal had been done before he had arrived.

Net spend? Pah! Means fuck all. How much is spent is fairly irrelevant when the player actually adds value to the team and performs as expected. A low net spend might even mean fuck all spent unless you analyse the incomings and outgoings. So what he moved on Sanchez, that would have happened anyway.

Anyway, looks like Tuchel is going to have a major fall out at PSG. He would be a good shout, I like him.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 month ago

He should walk now.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Our next 5 games: Newcastle, PSG, Chelsea, Leipzig, Arsenal

I wouldn't be surprised if Ole was sacked by November 2nd
fat maradona
Star Man

1 month ago

Just seen his post match interview and he completely contradicts everything he said a couple of days prior. He now says that the squad isn't good enough.

I don't think Ole would be considered for the Watford job yet our Board seem to think that he is good enough to take us to the top. He has been allowed to spunk over £230m on players of his choice and it looks like we have been bent over properly on Maguire and AWB. There doesn't seem to be any evidence of coaching with the players and no evidence that he knows what to do in-game.
jason_uk
First Teamer

1 month ago

Ole isn't the cause of the problem, he is part of the problem for sure, but until there is a major shakeup in the board structure, how transfers are handled(ie being able to work on more than 1 deal at a time, and it not taking 3 months to complete) nothing will ever change.
Sure we can sack ole, back to square one, bring in poch for a couple of seasons, before we get back to this point, where he gets sacked, and it will go on and on, until all that's left is a shell of the club.

The problem lies with the glazers, while they own the club, we are fucked, but that's been the case since day dot, and nothing is realistically going to change.