OGS.....

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
First Teamer

2 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
2 months ago
I’m not buying that oles got a style of play tbf, none of taggarts men who’ve gone into management have shown anything on that front, they’re all steve bruces and paul inces, clueless cunts, only nev has even talked a good game tbf
Nev talks a load of shit. He's about as fickle as you are and just as clueless tbf
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

This ^^^^^ ........
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 months ago

A lot of what Neville says is actually spot on. The problem is, he's been a Glazer apologist for years, so he lacks credibility when it comes to calling out 'the Board' as being at the root of our problems. The need for a rebuild top down, bringing in the best in the business regardless of whether there's a United connection - he's right about that. The problem being deep rooted in terms of culture and mentality within the squad, he's right about that. Lacking in effort and intensity - right about that. He does talk some shite too - usually when it comes to defending the remnants of Fergies era, the likes of Jones, Young, Smalling.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
2 months ago
I’m not buying that oles got a style of play tbf, none of taggarts men who’ve gone into management have shown anything on that front, they’re all steve bruces and paul inces, clueless cunts, only nev has even talked a good game tbf
Nev talks a load of shit. He's about as fickle as you are and just as clueless tbf
Aye, Nev's "good game" went to shit at Valencia.

Ole doesn't have a style of play though, he's making do with a hoofers team. We'll see what him, Phelan and Carrick can do next season.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

I hope Ole does great, but I'd be much more comfortable with Pochettino was in charge and making the decisions. If Poch let Pogba go, I'd be alright with it. Ole? You've got to be wondering if we're making the right choices. It's just the difference in having a track record.

Plus there's tactics and performances on the pitch. We're in serious risk of sliding further down the table. These are dangerous times.
marlon
Legend

2 months ago

Solskjaer's overall record is 3rd. He was a coward when it came to the big games and we collapsed at the end, but then so did the other top 4 teams. And having a better record over ~half a season than Poch, Sarri and Emery isn't nothing.

I just can't see us having a good summer. If Pogba and/or de Gea leave we'll almost certainly start next season with a worse team.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Ole has ordered the players to start preseason early after being dismayed at fitness levels. So I guess fitness was an issue. You can't go from being an ultra defensive team that doesn't run to being a modern high pressing team over night. It takes a couple of months of conditioning.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Ole has ordered the players to start preseason early after being dismayed at fitness levels. So I guess fitness was an issue. You can't go from being an ultra defensive team that doesn't run to being a modern high pressing team over night. It takes a couple of months of conditioning.
Almost impossible to do once the season is under way, knocks and scrapes, injuries and the dam schedule keep getting in the way of getting game fit.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 months ago

It took Klopp over two years to get his players fit enough to play the way they do. First couple of years they ran out of steam after an hour, and their intensity dropped altogether in the final 2-3 months of a season.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
2 months ago
It took Klopp over two years to get his players fit enough to play the way they do. First couple of years they ran out of steam after an hour, and their intensity dropped altogether in the final 2-3 months of a season.
Good point.

Some of our players just aren't runners either like Matic, plodder. Lukaku, plodder. Pogba doesn't like to run. Shaw, lets himself go. Rojo does too. Sanchez, old and crocked. Val, too old. Mata, midget.

It's probably the reason they're looking for younger players, because they've got better fitness and they're arguably more used to playing a high press / more cardio, because it's the done thing now.