OGS.....

Manchester United chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

4 weeks ago

Solskjær: “We've had two clean sheets now, and that will give the defenders confidence. If we can keep a clean sheet [vs West Ham], it will be easier for the strikers. You don't have to score twos, threes and fours every time.”

joeys methods were the utd way after all tbf bring him back, sack the scandi motes
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

4 weeks ago

Even when we're shite like last night it's better than under Jose because the players are 30 yards further up the pitch

I couldn't have done another Jose season, it was punishing
bman2
Legend

4 weeks ago

"You don't have to score twos, threes and fours every time.”

Tragic quote, just brutal. It will be interesting to see if Haller scores against us this weekend, because we were linked to him in the summer, but it might just have been his agent/selling club upping the bidding.
Lazarus
Legend

4 weeks ago

Sid wrote:
4 weeks ago
Even when we're shite like last night it's better than under Jose because the players are 30 yards further up the pitch

The football is better, the attitude is better and Jose not being there, being Jose, is better.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

4 weeks ago

Sid wrote:
4 weeks ago

I didn’t think last nights performance was shit - our finishing was shit but overall we created enough chances to have won by 4-5 goals. I haven’t seen the stats but I got to think we totally dominate the game. I actually enjoyed the game.

Btw: another season with Mourinho and I would have been ready for lacrosses.
dozer
Legend

4 weeks ago

bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago
I thought that match last night was extremely worrying. Fine, they parked the bus, but you're talking about a team that's well below Premier League level. We should be able to put a few goals past them no bother. The fundamental problem is: where are our goals going to come from? Fine, Martial and James were injured, but in Martial's best season he scored about 12 or 13 goals, and does anyone expect James to keep scoring every match? We're gambling that Martial stays fit and proves to be a 20+ goals player. It might work out, but it's a hell of risk.

We shouldn't kid ourselves that these academy players and being pushed forward because we've got a special generation. Gomes, Greenwood etc look like talented players, but I'm sure PL academies are full of similar players. They're being pushed forward because we gutted the senior squad and didn't replace the forwards and midfielders we were losing.

The reality is that's five or six games in a row now where we are struggling every single game to score one measly goal. And we don't always achieve that. How long can that go on? I think Ole has gotten some things very right, his 3 signings look good, but not signing a proven forward might be a fatal error. We should have signed someone like Haller, who West Ham signed, said so at the time. A good plan B players. Maybe even a plan A player.
It's okay. We don't have to win every game. We can even make some progress this season.
As long as we don't panic buy and get good players in subsequent windows we'll be fine. For the first time it looks like all our signings this window are for keeps.
Idk why the club didn't buy a striker, but hopefully we'll get a striker in. Greenwood looks like he's ready to make the right wing spot his own. We need quite a few windows. All our signings in the past have been duds so the whole team needs replacing and more.
Sid
Legend

4 weeks ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
4 weeks ago
Sid wrote:
4 weeks ago

I didn’t think last nights performance was shit - our finishing was shit but overall we created enough chances to have won by 4-5 goals. I haven’t seen the stats but I got to think we totally dominate the game. I actually enjoyed the game.

Btw: another season with Mourinho and I would have been ready for lacrosses.
Yeah people expected us to win 3/4-0 - and we had the chances to, just not the finisher because Rash isn't that player, and there isn't anyone else after him except Greenwood who had to play out wide.

United should be hammering these teams, like we should be challenging for the title every year. But you have to look at the situation we're in. We've only got 1 arguably 2 CFs at the club. So this is what you're going to get.
bman2
Legend

3 weeks ago

I feel bad for Ole watching his interview after the match. The stress and worry is oozing out of him. I'm going to go easy on him! Keane made a simple but very true observation -- if there were wearing a different strip, you'd never believe that team was a Manchester United side. When are we going to hit rock bottom?
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 weeks ago

bman2 wrote:
3 weeks ago
I feel bad for Ole watching his interview after the match. The stress and worry is oozing out of him. I'm going to go easy on him! Keane made a simple but very true observation -- if there were wearing a different strip, you'd never believe that team was a Manchester United side. When are we going to hit rock bottom?
I feel for him. Even properly backed, hes not up to it. A nice bloke, well intended out of his depth in one of the most difficult jobs in football, presided over by lecherous capitalists who dont give a fuck about football. How can that not take a massive toll?
bman2
Legend

3 weeks ago

You'll all be really happy to know that Woody has his quarterly phone call with shareholders tomorrow, and apparently our financials are really good. Yay! :-BD