Will we make top 4?

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Oh yes, it's time

Top 4 looks tough as fuck at the minute. We need a big turn around. Which two of Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Arsenal do you reckon are going to drop out of the top 4? Which team can we surpass? Maybe Chelsea? Liverpool, if they struggle with injuries again?

We'll need a big turn around for that to happen because our current form is midtable (W4, L3, D3). Mourinho has to get some of the forwards playing, which means playing them in their proper positions ffs, not playing a flat back 6 with two of your three forwards as extra fullbacks, and playing with no pace when you're meant to be countering
just1n
Legend

3 years ago

I think it's a bit early. Let's see in 6-7 weeks time when it's mid December. Hopefully one or two of those other teams have a blip and we are closer to that 4th spot.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
danniitronix
Legend

3 years ago

I'm not confident and nor is Jose Moyes.

His only chance is to spend his way out of trouble so I expect him to piss money away on another Zlatan or Mikey T, at Christmas. Like I said he needs thugs not vanity buys,

The most important thing is that he sorts his own life out. Must be shit at the hotel just having a wank every night without your family. On the field Jose looks like a deadbeat. At press conferences he looks as if he can't be arsed.

37 shots and no goal. Bottling cunts and that is the manager because it is a mental issue, nothing else. Dont tell me that a 150m spend in two months off the back of the current squad can't beat Bumley.

The Real Jose = Top Four.

Unfortunately the real Jose has been feeling sorry for himself locked up in a hotel having shit food and watching pay per view every night.

Sad really.
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

danniitronix wrote:I'm not confident and nor is Jose Moyes.

His only chance is to spend his way out of trouble so I expect him to piss money away on another Zlatan or Mikey T, at Christmas. Like I said he needs thugs not vanity buys,

The most important thing is that he sorts his own life out. Must be shit at the hotel just having a wank every night without your family. On the field Jose looks like a deadbeat. At press conferences he looks as if he can't be arsed.

37 shots and no goal. Bottling cunts and that is the manager because it is a mental issue, nothing else. Dont tell me that a 150m spend in two months off the back of the current squad can't beat Bumley.

Unfortunately the real Jose has been feeling sorry for himself locked up in a hotel having shit food and watching pay per view every night.

Sad really.
Lol...you really are such an amazing football analyst
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
just1n
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
danniitronix wrote:I'm not confident and nor is Jose Moyes.

Sad really.
Lol...you really are such an amazing football analyst
Chill Snoopster. Danny's one of the pissy knickers mob. Blaming the manager for not beating Burnley which we clearly should have won 8-0.

His man spent £300 million. Didn't stop Norwich taking is apart at OT before getting relegated.

Next match!! ;)
:^o
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Look, let's be honest here... there isn't a single team in the league that, if you ask their manager if they're confident about the top 4, would give it large... this is the tightest, most difficult looking season I've ever seen, and a lot could happen over the next few months to fuck it up for any of the top 8, even City... what would happen to City if Aguero went down for a long spell? They only just bounced back from their own mini crisis...

We are in a bad rut, there's no doubt, but the truth is, we've been in this rut for over 3 years now... Mourinho didn't create this mess, any more than Van Gall or Mopes did... Ferguson and the Glazers created it... so how do we fix it? We stick it out... that's it... there is no other way... Mopes was a bad appointment, there's no denying that... Van Gall was given 2 years, and made some progress but his "philosophy" was just too laboured and negative to get us through a dark period, when what the club needed was inspiration... Klopp was always the manager we really needed... but that's done now...

Mourinho may not work out, and he was never the choice of many to begin with, me included, but the club desperately needs him to turn it around, and that's not going to happen if the fans turn on him after 2 months... and this is the ugly truth, there are far too many fans who have been waiting and actually willing for him to fail from day one... ridiculous... and what if he does fail? what if we're in free fall by Christmas? You think the next man will fix things? Who would that even be?

What we saw yesterday was real progress, as far as I'm concerned... Burnley are gash, but that's how we treated them... we penned them in their own half for 80% of the match, and forget the missed chances, and hit posts, if Heaton doesn't have such a worldy, we still put 2 or 3 past them... we played some good football, and should have won easily...

We're fucked, if Mourinho can't make it happen... really fucked!... he needs unconditional support from the fans, at least for 1 full season... Van Gall got that, and then some...

Next up, Swansea... tough but beatable, a good set up for Arsenal at home...

I don't give a fuck about top 4 right now... I'm just looking at one game at a time, hoping the team finds some fuckin spirit, cause they're not getting much help from some of you lot!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
sheesh
Legend

3 years ago

Agreed. That's not to say that the manager shouldn't be called out on some of his decisions (he should), but I'm backing him to turn things round.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

sheesh wrote:Agreed. That's not to say that the manager shouldn't be called out on some of his decisions (he should), but I'm backing him to turn things round.
Every manager makes some strange calls Sheesh... every single one... Klopp was, and still is copping loads about his overly cavalier approach... Wenger never stopps getting it from his fans... we were always on at Ferguson for some of his goofy loyalties to the likes of Park, Fletcher... even Guardiola leaves plenty of fans frustrated... but Mourinho is just so unpopular with too many United fans, which is understandable in some ways, but for some, he'll never win them round... a bit like some of the Rooney bashers... doesn't matter what he does, or has done, he's on a hiding to nowt... but Rooney is all but finished, and we don't really NEED Rooney any more... but we do, actually NEED Mourinho, to sort himself and the team out... but some fans are too busy having their pissy moment, to give a fuck...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

Those fans like Sid and Justin? That seem so keen to jump on him and his "defensive displays"?! Keen to prove they were right....even tho those defensive games were in the big games... And every other game has shown some good exciting attacking play
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

We've seen the odd good bit of attacking play, and when shite teams camp in like Hull and Burnley then we dominate them and play well - which is what you'd expect from the worlds most expensive team, with forwrds like Mata, Ibra, Rooney, Martial, Rashford, Mhiki. But we're not an exciting attacking football team are we - far from it. Yet we have all that attacking talent. And Mourinho just shits his kegs against big clubs with managers who've got a good record against him, and we're told to celebrate a draw like a top result.

It's not just the similarities to Gaal in terms of setting up a team, it's playing players out of position. Playing fucking centreforwards at left back. It's far worse than Gaal, Moyes, Fergie - it's an absolute piss take. He thinks he's being clever and it just fails, it's hopeless, we play terribly or get bummed or struggle to score.

But if he plays the front 4 in their proper positions we'll instantly play better stuff. But there's only Ibra who plays in his proper position. Mata has played himself in to the 11 and the 10 role but I'd be surprised if he stays there for the next 3 games.