Will we make top 4?

Manchester United chat
marlon
Legend

3 years ago

It's still early. We're at least as good as Arsenal and Spurs who play each other next week and both have to come to OT in the next six weeks, so, if we put a run together, we could catch them by Christmas.

Mourinho is as advertised so far. Embarrassing in big games but generally dominant against other teams - Watford and the Europa being the exceptions so far.
jason_uk
First Teamer

3 years ago

Talking about how we should be bashing dross like the good old days, you do realise the league has completely changed from the 90's early 00's? All teams are much much better now, and there's no such thing as an easy game. Fair enough we should always beat burnley, but the games changed from the fergie glory years.
And yes to answer the question, we will make top 4!
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

Hope you're right Jason. I'm losing faith though...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

I don't think teams are better now, Jason. I think it's more a case of tactics being better, knowledge of the game etc. And football is less fun now, it means more, more money at stake, the richest people in the world now. It's not just a game anymore.
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

jason_uk wrote:Talking about how we should be bashing dross like the good old days, you do realise the league has completely changed from the 90's early 00's? All teams are much much better now, and there's no such thing as an easy game. Fair enough we should always beat burnley, but the games changed from the fergie glory years.
Pretty sure I remember getting beat 1-0 by newly promoted Burnley during Fergie's glory years
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

3 years ago

jason_uk wrote:Talking about how we should be bashing dross like the good old days, you do realise the league has completely changed from the 90's early 00's? All teams are much much better now, and there's no such thing as an easy game. Fair enough we should always beat burnley, but the games changed from the fergie glory years.
At the expense of who?
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

So our United team now would trounce the class of '92 with, Keane, Cantona etc in the squad?

As for top 4, so much rests on Joses shoulders and i have no clue how he's going to react if results continue to be bad. I really hope we do make it.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Jason can I have some of your drugs, Laz, spot on tbf
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

..... Or our teams with Cole, York, Ruud, Ronaldo, Tevez?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Our Moscow squad would fuck this lot up every week in second gear nqat
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.