Will we make top 4?

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

Since taking over, Ole has won 9 PL matches and drawn 2. But if Chelsea win their game in hand, we'll still be in sixth place. Jose really fucked us over, like he does every club in the third season.
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

The table since Ole took over:
Screenshot 2019-02-28 at 14.06.32.png

It seemed like Woodward fires Mourinho too late, but, if we can stay fit, we have a good chance. I guess getting knocked out of the CL first will help.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
The table since Ole took over:

Screenshot 2019-02-28 at 14.06.32.png

It seemed like Woodward fires Mourinho too late, but, if we can stay fit, we have a good chance. I guess getting knocked out of the CL first will help.
5 points clear at the top is mad
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

I assuming that all the top teams will beat the riff raff.

Looking at the run-ins, Arsenal have a relatively kind set of remaining fixtures - the only top team they have to play is United. I reckon they'll finish in the top 4.

Spurs still have City and Liverpool.

United still have to play Arsenal, Chelsea and City.

Chelsea have Liverpool and United - both away. I don't think they'll finish in the top 4.

I have a horrible feeling that we might have given ourselves a bit too much to do by not sacking Mourinho earlier.
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

sheesh wrote:
1 year ago
I have a horrible feeling that we might have given ourselves a bit too much to do by not sacking Mourinho earlier.
Yep, it's really fucking frustrating. Outstanding results under Ole so far -- W10 D2 -- but we're still up agains it. We've made it a four team chase for two spots though, not a three team chase for 1.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

We've already beaten Arsenal and Chelsea though, so I'm optimistic. We just have to stay within touching distance. And so far we are despite the injury crisis. We're still getting results even though Ole doesn't have his attacking 11 fit.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 year ago

Spurs have looked shit in their last 3 games.

Chelsea are a circus.

And Arsenal are Arsenal.

We can do this. Hopefully we get a couple back for Arsenal next weekend. Martial, hopefully. Maybe Herrera? And FFS get Dalot in for Young.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 year ago

Arsenal look to have the easiest run in outside the top 2. And we’ve got to go there next week. Need to come away from that with something.... I’ve a feeling they’ll turn us over.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

We have the momentum to threaten every team we play. The thing is we might not get there but if we keep playing like this under the injuries and pressure, Ole can invoke that 'in the trenches' spirit that will shape the core of a team for next season. Everything we win is a bonus when i never thought i'd see a United team play like this again.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

If Chelsea win or draw their game in hand, we're back into sixth place. Which is brutal. On the other hand, we're only three points for third place.