Glazer scum

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
No it doesn't. Tell me what the Glazers have done to earn the 500m + United makes every year? It's the players and fans that generate the clubs wealth, that's what brings in the gate, broadcasters and sponsors. The Glazer just parasite off it. That's why the revenues dried up when lockdown happened. If the Glazers were creating the wealth, the revenues would have carried on despite being no action.

Always amazes me how quickly people are prepared to bootlick rich cunts who literally take the piss out of you. Baps need to be wisened.
Rant has always been full of emotional fools. It's not a bad thing; I guess that's why I'm here.

The glazers paid money and bought the club. The profits/losses arising out of the clubs day to day operations belong to them. Just like if you buy a house and rent it out, the income belongs to you. As a consumer I care about the football, the players (upto an extent; I don't care about their personal lives) and about how I can relate to the club. The glazers can eat their profits as long as the club is run well, run sustainably and improving on the pitch. As far as transfer and wage expenses are concerned we haven't held back. Our investment strategy on players have been shit but I digress. The profits belong to the glazers.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
Sid wrote:
3 months ago
No it doesn't. Tell me what the Glazers have done to earn the 500m + United makes every year? It's the players and fans that generate the clubs wealth, that's what brings in the gate, broadcasters and sponsors. The Glazer just parasite off it. That's why the revenues dried up when lockdown happened. If the Glazers were creating the wealth, the revenues would have carried on despite being no action.

Always amazes me how quickly people are prepared to bootlick rich cunts who literally take the piss out of you. Baps need to be wisened.
Rant has always been full of emotional fools. It's not a bad thing; I guess that's why I'm here.

The glazers paid money and bought the club. The profits/losses arising out of the clubs day to day operations belong to them. Just like if you buy a house and rent it out, the income belongs to you. As a consumer I care about the football, the players (upto an extent; I don't care about their personal lives) and about how I can relate to the club. The glazers can eat their profits as long as the club is run well, run sustainably and improving on the pitch. As far as transfer and wage expenses are concerned we haven't held back. Our investment strategy on players have been shit but I digress. The profits belong to the glazers.
The Glazers borrowed the money to buy United, you div. They didn't use their own money. Everyone knows that. And now they're making us pay it off.

You're the same kind of fool that thinks Jeff Bezos earned his 183bn, not you know the people who actually generate the wealth aka the hundreds of thousands of workers who barely get paid NMW.

Bootlicking fool
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

According to Sid's logic if you buy a house with mortgage and rent it out, you're effectively stealing money from your tenants. Right Sid? You agree with this?
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

Under the system as it stands Sid, dozer is right.
Doesn’t make it palatable, but that’s how it is. Borrowing money to make money is perfectly legit.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

it's a bit of a lazy analogy when the the tenants are busy fixing the house for you and getting 70K of their mates in to help
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

I hate them too, but you have to separate the emotion from the facts. The question is really whether sports clubs, being part of a nation's cultural heritage, should be allowed to float on the stock market. As long as the answer is yes, you will have opportunistic, odious, ownerships.
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

swampash wrote:
3 months ago
I hate them too, but you have to separate the emotion from the facts. The question is really whether sports clubs, being part of a nation's cultural heritage, should be allowed to float on the stock market. As long as the answer is yes, you will have opportunistic, odious, ownerships.
i was a bit too tired last night to really nail down why i think it's a lazy analogy so i'll try again this morning.

to be perfectly honest, i'm not really as impassioned as Sid (and many others) on this subject. I do appreciate the analogy of obtaining debt to purchase something and then still being able to enjoy the spoils of what you purchased however the analogy falls down at a pretty critical point: when you buy a house with a mortgage, you don't get to transfer the mortgage responsibility to the house itself.They, themselves have no title to that debt so let's say they (to continue the analogy) put the house up for sale with sitting tenants, it will still be the house that owes the mortgage and they've fucked off with their tidy profit.

...and all well and good as far as business goes. I completely agree with you that it's just the nature of the beast and the emotional side of the issue is that this, well, isn't just bricks and mortar. All the same, i think the analogy is a bit lazy because it's not actually analogising the real situation.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
fat maradona
Star Man

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago

How is stating that it's the Glazers money (when it is, legally, fair and square) bootlicking rich cunts? No one is sucking up to them, nor agreeing with how they run the club. But it is their money, whether you like it or not, and they call the shots on how it is spent. So why get your knickers in a twist how they spend it? They've demonstrated already that they can't be trusted with the money by overpaying for mediocre players like Fred and AwB, overpaying on Pogba and Maguire, overpaying cunts like Jones and Sanchez. And still you can't do jack fucking shit about it. So, better to just not worry about how they spend it because ultimately it won't be as responsibly as either you or I would spend it.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
Sid wrote:
3 months ago

How is stating that it's the Glazers money (when it is, legally, fair and square) bootlicking rich cunts? No one is sucking up to them, nor agreeing with how they run the club. But it is their money, whether you like it or not, and they call the shots on how it is spent. So why get your knickers in a twist how they spend it? They've demonstrated already that they can't be trusted with the money by overpaying for mediocre players like Fred and AwB, overpaying on Pogba and Maguire, overpaying cunts like Jones and Sanchez. And still you can't do jack fucking shit about it. So, better to just not worry about how they spend it because ultimately it won't be as responsibly as either you or I would spend it.
Legal means jack. Jeff Bezos legally owns 183bn dollars. But he didn't earn it. No one can earn that much in a lifetime. He stole it off the people that generate the wealth for Amazon, most of whom he sticks on minimum wage and live in poverty. I'll never say it's their money cos it's just not.

All I'm saying is coronavirus has shown the frailties of capitalism because we live and die by an economic system that falls to pieces if people simply stay at home for 4/5 months - so we need to be careful with money. This is literally what BT, Sky etc are saying cos sport is fucked. Prem fans weirdly don't like to talk about finances other than 'everything's fine cos we're rich' - well it's a fact Prem / football won't be as rich as it was before covid cos broadcasters and sponsors are pulling out so much money. And this is relevant in a window when we're about to break our own transfer record and hopefully sign a couple more.

To make multiple posts insisting the wealth is the Glazers comes across as bootlicking. But let's move on cos I know nobody wants my communist takes.
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

"I know nobody wants my communist takes"
I thought you were an anarchist, Sid?