Glazer scum

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Star Man

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago

Legal means jack. Jeff Bezos legally owns 183bn dollars. But he didn't earn it. No one can earn that much in a lifetime. He stole it off the people that generate the wealth for Amazon, most of whom he sticks on minimum wage and live in poverty. I'll never say it's their money cos it's just not.

All I'm saying is coronavirus has shown the frailties of capitalism because we live and die by an economic system that falls to pieces if people simply stay at home for 4/5 months - so we need to be careful with money. This is literally what BT, Sky etc are saying cos sport is fucked. Prem fans weirdly don't like to talk about finances other than 'everything's fine cos we're rich' - well it's a fact Prem / football won't be as rich as it was before covid cos broadcasters and sponsors are pulling out so much money. And this is relevant in a window when we're about to break our own transfer record and hopefully sign a couple more.

To make multiple posts insisting the wealth is the Glazers comes across as bootlicking. But let's move on cos I know nobody wants my communist takes.
'He stole if off the people' :))

Without Jeff's vision and leadership, those same people might not even have jobs.

I see your point though, the Amazon money doesn't belong to Jeff in the simplest sense, as it will be the Board who decide how that money should be spent. But if Jeff could decide to pay it all out as a dividend, then yes, the money does belong to Jeff. I guess the same applies to United. The profits generated belong to the organisation and the Board should be fit and able to spend it wisely, given the shit storm that's brewing. The Board also comprise of the Glazer family, who also happen to own 90% of the issued share capital. And so if the Board decided to pay dividends instead of investing in players and/or repairing the stadium, then it can do so. And so, the money belongs to the Gla.....oh wait, no it doesn't, according to some people...
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago

Legal means jack. Jeff Bezos legally owns 183bn dollars. But he didn't earn it. No one can earn that much in a lifetime. He stole it off the people that generate the wealth for Amazon, most of whom he sticks on minimum wage and live in poverty. I'll never say it's their money cos it's just not.

All I'm saying is coronavirus has shown the frailties of capitalism because we live and die by an economic system that falls to pieces if people simply stay at home for 4/5 months - so we need to be careful with money. This is literally what BT, Sky etc are saying cos sport is fucked. Prem fans weirdly don't like to talk about finances other than 'everything's fine cos we're rich' - well it's a fact Prem / football won't be as rich as it was before covid cos broadcasters and sponsors are pulling out so much money. And this is relevant in a window when we're about to break our own transfer record and hopefully sign a couple more.

To make multiple posts insisting the wealth is the Glazers comes across as bootlicking. But let's move on cos I know nobody wants my communist takes.
'He stole if off the people' :))

Without Jeff's vision and leadership, those same people might not even have jobs.

I see your point though, the Amazon money doesn't belong to Jeff in the simplest sense, as it will be the Board who decide how that money should be spent. But if Jeff could decide to pay it all out as a dividend, then yes, the money does belong to Jeff. I guess the same applies to United. The profits generated belong to the organisation and the Board should be fit and able to spend it wisely, given the shit storm that's brewing. The Board also comprise of the Glazer family, who also happen to own 90% of the issued share capital. And so if the Board decided to pay dividends instead of investing in players and/or repairing the stadium, then it can do so. And so, the money belongs to the Gla.....oh wait, no it doesn't, according to some people...
You can take the piss but you're bootlicking again. The money belongs to those who create the wealth. Without Joe bloggs working bullshit hours in an Amazon warehouse, Bezos has jack - cos he doesn't produce anything, he just takes the profit.

This is what separates anti-capitalists from capitalists like yourself, who tell us to keep going to work and one day we'll be rich if we just work hard enough. It's a crock of shit. Many young people have figured this out.
fat maradona
Star Man

2 months ago

Bootlicking - to seek the favour or goodwill of in a servile, degraded way.

Might make a more insulting and interesting argument if you could use the context of the term correctly. Or find another term to describe my capitalist view on this matter.

I'm definitely not trying to win Jeff's or the Glazer's favour by pointing out that through their entrepreneurial instints, they have managed to create obscene wealth via ownership and control. I'm also not agreeing to it either. In fact, I'd like to see a more even distribution of wealth. Those communist bastards are just as greedy as the capitalists, except at least with capitalism you can have some say in how wealthy you can be, as opposed to the select few communists who hoarde the wealth and power and distribute it as they see fit.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

It anything Sid, it's the Glazers who've been mugged by the football staff at the club. The club was doing better in the Fergie days post Glazer takeover. And he didn't spend silly money.
Post Fergie our strategy was to throw money at problems and it didn't work out. It worked for Chelsea. It didn't work for us. The football experts at the club starting from the manager to the other coaches, scouts and other decision makers screwed us with their bad decisions.

As if Woodward will decide if we buy Di maria or Mkhi. I guess at a financial level he does decide but he doesn't decide if the player is qualified to play for the club. And we spent shit loads of money. Our shit recruitment was purely by the football folks at the club and they were bad bad decisions.

Van Gaal had this weird requirement of wanting a left footed centre back and came up with the crap that is Rojo. As if Woodward said "this chap Rojo looks good" and decided to thrust the player upon Gaal.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
Bootlicking - to seek the favour or goodwill of in a servile, degraded way.

Might make a more insulting and interesting argument if you could use the context of the term correctly. Or find another term to describe my capitalist view on this matter.

I'm definitely not trying to win Jeff's or the Glazer's favour by pointing out that through their entrepreneurial instints, they have managed to create obscene wealth via ownership and control. I'm also not agreeing to it either. In fact, I'd like to see a more even distribution of wealth. Those communist bastards are just as greedy as the capitalists, except at least with capitalism you can have some say in how wealthy you can be, as opposed to the select few communists who hoarde the wealth and power and distribute it as they see fit.
You can profess the opposite but when you make multiple posts insisting the money wealthy have stolen off the workers is theirs, then bootlicker fits. There's no need for you to buy into the myth that the rich create the wealth. It's anti working class bollocks. Whose side are you on?

"Entrepreneurial instints" - behave. There's nothing entrepreneurial about driving down wages, rights, zero hours etc in order to cut expenses and increase profits. Elon Musk does it too. Another cunt. Dad owned a mine in South Africa which made him rich, and through various moves took control of Tesla (which already existed before him) and uses tax payers money in the expensive research / development stages, then when an idea works, it goes into production were *working class people in factories create the commodity* which is then sold for a profit which he / shareholders pocket.

And then the law protects their wealth via police, guns, violence laws etc

I agree about authoritarian communists 100%. Fuck them n all. But that doesn't discredit Marx's observations of capitalism. Like this what am saying is just how it is.
fat maradona
Star Man

2 months ago

Let's agree to disagree on the bootlicker thing, I don't get it in this context.

For every Elon Musk, there is a Shahid Khan. He had nothing when he migrated to the States from Pakistan. Apparently he was a dishwasher earning $1 p/h but is now worth more than $3b from being an entrepreneur. He's not going to do that without capitalism. His businesses went onto employ hundreds of thousands of people, gave them opportunities and the ability to put a roof over their family's head. Surely, Khan changed a lot of peoples lives for the better whilst they made him a rich man. You can't just use your extreme examples of obscene wealth and then tar everyone with it.

Anyway, I agree with you on that society needs to wake the fuck up. There does need to be a better dispersement of wealth amongst everyone in society, not this ridiculous concentration at the top.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Shahid Khan is no different to the other rich cunts. Driving down wages, rights, lay offs etc is how they turn over such massive profits.

His main company Flex n Gate got fined for not giving a shit about the health of its workers who were subjected to dangerous chemicals without basic training or equipment https://www.news-gazette.com/news/osha- ... 980f9.html

He laid off 550 workers https://www.news-gazette.com/coronaviru ... 22814.html

And this great guy, this philanthropist, this bastion of all that is good makes his workers work in sweatshop like conditions. Don't take my word for it, ask the workers themselves https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/0 ... x-j12.html

Khan hasn't changed the lives of his workers. If he genuinely gave a shit he'd distribute his 8bn amongst his workers, and let them take home the wealth they create every year. But he pockets it. That's why he has 8bn.

Work, labour, jobs do not come from rich cunts. Jobs need doing and the working class do em. The roads in hull need the potholes filling in big time, people need clothes, houses, cars - and we provide em, and will continue to provide em without rich cunts who simply steal the profits then tell us all what great guys they are
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

In the case of the Glazers Sid, like I mentioned in my previous post, it's them who've been robbed by the football staff at the club. They've spent money, a lot of money post Fergie for basically nothing but fuck all when it comes to delivering on the pitch.
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
In the case of the Glazers Sid, like I mentioned in my previous post, it's them who've been robbed by the football staff at the club. They've spent money, a lot of money post Fergie for basically nothing but fuck all when it comes to delivering on the pitch.
This could also be down to their inability to run a football club properly. i mean, they chose the football staff or, at the very least, the staff that chose the football staff.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
fat maradona
Star Man

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Shahid Khan is no different to the other rich cunts. Driving down wages, rights, lay offs etc is how they turn over such massive profits.

His main company Flex n Gate got fined for not giving a shit about the health of its workers who were subjected to dangerous chemicals without basic training or equipment https://www.news-gazette.com/news/osha- ... 980f9.html

He laid off 550 workers https://www.news-gazette.com/coronaviru ... 22814.html

And this great guy, this philanthropist, this bastion of all that is good makes his workers work in sweatshop like conditions. Don't take my word for it, ask the workers themselves https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/0 ... x-j12.html

Khan hasn't changed the lives of his workers. If he genuinely gave a shit he'd distribute his 8bn amongst his workers, and let them take home the wealth they create every year. But he pockets it. That's why he has 8bn.

Work, labour, jobs do not come from rich cunts. Jobs need doing and the working class do em. The roads in hull need the potholes filling in big time, people need clothes, houses, cars - and we provide em, and will continue to provide em without rich cunts who simply steal the profits then tell us all what great guys they are
Fair play, he's as big a cunt as the rest of them then.