Glazer scum

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Star Man

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
In the case of the Glazers Sid, like I mentioned in my previous post, it's them who've been robbed by the football staff at the club. They've spent money, a lot of money post Fergie for basically nothing but fuck all when it comes to delivering on the pitch.
The buck always stops at the top Dozer, so although the profits have been wasted on shite recruitment over the past few years, it'll still be the Glazers who ultimately sanction everything.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

FuB wrote:
3 months ago
dozer wrote:
3 months ago
In the case of the Glazers Sid, like I mentioned in my previous post, it's them who've been robbed by the football staff at the club. They've spent money, a lot of money post Fergie for basically nothing but fuck all when it comes to delivering on the pitch.
This could also be down to their inability to run a football club properly. i mean, they chose the football staff or, at the very least, the staff that chose the football staff.
Dozer just tries to find the most ridiculous wind up take and I cba
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
Sid wrote:
3 months ago
Shahid Khan is no different to the other rich cunts. Driving down wages, rights, lay offs etc is how they turn over such massive profits.

His main company Flex n Gate got fined for not giving a shit about the health of its workers who were subjected to dangerous chemicals without basic training or equipment https://www.news-gazette.com/news/osha- ... 980f9.html

He laid off 550 workers https://www.news-gazette.com/coronaviru ... 22814.html

And this great guy, this philanthropist, this bastion of all that is good makes his workers work in sweatshop like conditions. Don't take my word for it, ask the workers themselves https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/0 ... x-j12.html

Khan hasn't changed the lives of his workers. If he genuinely gave a shit he'd distribute his 8bn amongst his workers, and let them take home the wealth they create every year. But he pockets it. That's why he has 8bn.

Work, labour, jobs do not come from rich cunts. Jobs need doing and the working class do em. The roads in hull need the potholes filling in big time, people need clothes, houses, cars - and we provide em, and will continue to provide em without rich cunts who simply steal the profits then tell us all what great guys they are
Fair play, he's as big a cunt as the rest of them then.
Innit. The only talent rich people have is being able to drive down wages, rights, make lay offs etc and still be considered a genius, a great man etc. And even then that isn't skills, rather millions spent on PR.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

FuB wrote:
3 months ago
dozer wrote:
3 months ago
This could also be down to their inability to run a football club properly. i mean, they chose the football staff or, at the very least, the staff that chose the football staff.
Come on. The staff were already there. It's post Fergie the staff fucked up. Glazers didn't pick Moyes and his staff. It was Fergie and the other football staff. Woodward was bad at getting deals done but apart from that the football folks have escaped criticism when they're primarily at fault.
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
FuB wrote:
3 months ago
dozer wrote:
3 months ago
Come on. The staff were already there. It's post Fergie the staff fucked up. Glazers didn't pick Moyes and his staff. It was Fergie and the other football staff. Woodward was bad at getting deals done but apart from that the football folks have escaped criticism when they're primarily at fault.
Well done. You managed to at least include the name of the one constant presence. Who hired Woodward and continue to trust him despite much of his business being what you've highlighted as at fault?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

So there are reports that Joel Glazer is the obstacle in the Sancho deal. There was also some report of a disagreement over an agent’s fee, or something like that.

Oddly enough, the Glazer might actually be in the right here. Someone needs to change our reputation for being pushovers in transfer dealings. Especially if it really is about some payoff to some “agent”.

But the story might also just be part of our negotiating strategy. “My boss won’t let me go any higher” is a pretty classic negotiation gambit.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Duncan Castles insists that our transfer negotiations are too slow and too bureaucratic. He’s a Mendes and Mourinho mouthpiece, but he does get real information in exchange. He says that Woodward doesn’t has the authority to close a deal himself, and that clubs and agents get annoyed because they’ll negotiate with us for weeks only for the supposed “deal” to have to go over to Florida for approval, and sometimes it gets knocked back. That does sound like what happened in the Sancho situation, where everyone said the deal was basically done, but suddenly it’s all called off, and Dortmund explicitly say that they lost patience and they don’t want to continue negotiating anymore.

Rather similar to the Haaland situation too. That was also supposedly a done deal only to fall apart at the end. Dortmund beat us there and they must know very well how slow our transfers are, and that’s why they set a deadline for closing the Sancho deal. They were willing to deal, but weren’t going to be fucked about all summer.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
So there are reports that Joel Glazer is the obstacle in the Sancho deal. There was also some report of a disagreement over an agent’s fee, or something like that.

Oddly enough, the Glazer might actually be in the right here. Someone needs to change our reputation for being pushovers in transfer dealings. Especially if it really is about some payoff to some “agent”.

But the story might also just be part of our negotiating strategy. “My boss won’t let me go any higher” is a pretty classic negotiation gambit.
If true Joel Glazer is a smart cunt. Paying 100m for Sancho is a bad transfer strategy. We must buy MANY players with our transfer budget; not just blow it on a couple of players.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
Duncan Castles insists that our transfer negotiations are too slow and too bureaucratic. He’s a Mendes and Mourinho mouthpiece, but he does get real information in exchange. He says that Woodward doesn’t has the authority to close a deal himself, and that clubs and agents get annoyed because they’ll negotiate with us for weeks only for the supposed “deal” to have to go over to Florida for approval, and sometimes it gets knocked back. That does sound like what happened in the Sancho situation, where everyone said the deal was basically done, but suddenly it’s all called off, and Dortmund explicitly say that they lost patience and they don’t want to continue negotiating anymore.

Rather similar to the Haaland situation too. That was also supposedly a done deal only to fall apart at the end. Dortmund beat us there and they must know very well how slow our transfers are, and that’s why they set a deadline for closing the Sancho deal. They were willing to deal, but weren’t going to be fucked about all summer.
There's something in this. We can only do one deal at a time. And Ed's reputation is so low that I'm not sure changing his image as a gullible pushover is ever going to change.

But tbf to the cunt he has a lot on his plate regarding players leaving too. And I reckon who leaves depends on who we can bring in - mainly to free up room on the wage bill.
fat maradona
Star Man

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago

The other thing I read was that the Glazers had used money from the United coffers to pay for Tom Brady, who signed up to a guaranteed $50m two year deal for the Buccaneers back in March. Sounds like the sort of thing that they'd do and might also explain why our transfer pot isn't as big as it should be.