Glazer scum

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

9 months ago

dozer wrote:
9 months ago
Is this real news? I don't follow politics much but I heard he's allowed Saudi women to drive and work etc. Probably even relaxed clothing restrictions but I'm not sure.
Seems like a progressive bloke.
Strewth dozer, which hole have you been hiding down?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

The saudi's, and by that I mean the royal family led by bin Salman, are making a big push to improve the image of their country / reign. They're going big on sport. They bid ridiculous amounts to host the Joshua v Ruiz rematch, and WWE with Tyson Fury. But the big one is United. You've seen what it's done to the Mansours. Its been incredible in terms of PR. And it's constant good PR rather than a major one off event.

They're also funding shitloads of building programs to try and compete with Dubai for tourism

They're looking forward to a time when the oil runs out and the country goes bust unless it's economy has moved on

The company, Aramco, that's behind the saudi royal wealthy is the biggest and richest in the world. They've got major oil dependent nations / empires by the balls. So I just find it really unlikely the Glazers won't at some point sell to em. You might even see the US states and others get involved to make it happen as Salman is super powerful and has never been declined anything.
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

bman2 wrote:
9 months ago
Saudi government is awful, one of the worst out there. But the football pundits condemning the notion of them taking over United seem very silent about City. Funny that.
Because the Man City / Mansour sportwashing exercise has been successful. They've been legitimised. That's what the saudis / bin Salman want, to go from torturer, ruler, murderer etc to the man who "build a dream" or whatever shite they'll come out with, turning up to games, being celebrated.
Lazarus
Legend

9 months ago

Sid wrote:
9 months ago
dozer wrote:
9 months ago
Is this real news? I don't follow politics much but I heard he's allowed Saudi women to drive and work etc. Probably even relaxed clothing restrictions but I'm not sure.
:)) fucking hell Dozer, that's exactly what the article says: he's creating the illusion of progressive-ness aka letting women drive, whilst also detaining and torturing womens rights campaigners. It's to decieve gullible cunts like you. Wise your bap.

But yeah tbf "is it news", whipping women who want rights, probably not tbf, seems like a decent bloke
Maybe the threat of an appointment with a bone saw will focus the players and managers minds. :-? Every hotel they go to stay in will be a potential threat.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

9 months ago

swampash wrote:
9 months ago
dozer wrote:
9 months ago
Strewth dozer, which hole have you been hiding down?
Strewth.... :))

The only person who I remember actually using that word was David James. Mrs Dozer is still probably sporting that Fellani affro that he insisted she grow.
swampash
Legend

9 months ago

...a great word, strewth...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Lazarus
Legend

9 months ago

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... d-17213732

Hardly a surprise but the fans are not happy.
jason_uk
First Teamer

9 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
9 months ago

I'm surprised that they got 10% of fans who said they were satisfied!
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

9 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
9 months ago

As ever, the club, and the Glazers especially, wont give a shit what the fans think.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

8 months ago

https://www.football365.com/news/woodwa ... al-results

‘one of the most eye-catching points on the balance sheet is the increase of net debt, from £247.2million to £384.5million, a rise of 55.5 per cent.’

“The significant investments that we have made in recent years in areas such as transfers, recruitment infrastructure, analytics and our academy are already beginning to bear fruit.“

What fucking fruit is that then?!