Moyes! After you who????

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

sheesh wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:That's all very true.......but to answer the question, I'd like Klopp. Always liked him and he's fucking crazy enough to maybe think he could do a good job despite all the things Alf has listed above. Or maybe, I'm just hanging on to hope?
Klopp works his miracles in the German game, because that's the league, and lesser divisions that he knows... he couldn't do much in England... he might get us playing better football, relative to our position... and I suppose for some that would be good enough... not me...
Based on what, Alf?

His team played City off the park last season. I think his problem has been losing his best players due to the might of Bayern and other richer clubs. If he came to United, a bigger club, I think players would want to play for him.
It's not just his style of play... I did mention that I think he might get United playing better... but based on his knowledge of the German leagues, all the young players in the lower divisions, working their way up, he built a fantastic team on a budget that would give the Glazers large wood... but he's not going to have much knowledge of the English leagues, so he's not going to be able to work the same magic here... and players by and large want to play for money, not managers, so he's not going to attract the great players if we can't offer Champs league football...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
sheesh

7 years ago

I don't know, Alf. You could make a similar argument about Wenger (at least in his early years) don't you think? I know he managed in Japan but he has always had massive knowledge of the French market and scouted extensively there.

I know Arsenal have the likes of Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott and Gibbs in their squad but it wasn't always like that.

Besides, I'd much rather have German players in a United team than British players.

I'm a massive fan of the way the Germans play their football.
Last edited by sheesh on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

7 years ago

Bayern Munich are everything we could, and should be.
Lazarus
Legend

7 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Bayern Munich are everything we could, and should be.
Once upon a time if we'd bought one or two top players a year. How much do you reckon it would take to turn us into Bayern now?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

sheesh wrote:I don't know, Alf. You could make a similar argument about Wenger (at least in his early years) don't you think? I know he managed in Japan but he has always had massive knowledge of the French market and scouted extensively there.

Besides, I'd much rather have German players in a United team than English players.

I'm a massive fan of the way the Germans play their football.
Sorry... I don't think I made my point very well... I don't think Klopp would want the job.

He knows the German leagues, and that's how he made his name, and it's a good name now... I like him an'all... but I think he'd want a proper club now, not a "fixer upper" like United... especially in a country where he wouldn't have the same potential talent pool... I suppose you're right about him raiding the German market just the same, and bringing them here though...

Ah... I don't know... it just makes me so sad to see what's happening... and then I just get fuckin angry...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

If Moyes is the standard literally anybody

Martinez, Pochettino

Don't go British unless they play football a modern way, with a midfield
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

7 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Bayern Munich are everything we could, and should be.
Once upon a time if we'd bought one or two top players a year. How much do you reckon it would take to turn us into Bayern now?
We're a million miles off, top to bottom. We'd need different owners, a different manager, different attitude towards supporters, and major surgery on the team.

Purely on the playing side, we'd need around 150m of spend to get us to their level. And a totally different manager.

If Moyes were to go, I think we'd need to take a fresh look at whether the idea of a manager who has responsibility for the club as a whole, is the best way forward. Its a massive task and managers/characters like Ferguson, and the way the game is, don't lend itself to that way of working in my opinion. Would we be better taking on a different manager model, with a director of football type role, supported by people who have experience of the club, taking ownership of the club as a whole and providing the consistency and leadership we profess to need, with a more modern, younger 'head coach' having sole responsibility for the first team be the way forward?
RedFish
Reserves

7 years ago

I reckon more like 300 million and we might get close. Agree, they're an awesome team. I like the director of football idea. Anything to modernise and improve the club. Moye's seems to have so much on his plate right now.....Maybe it's true that he needs to really take a look at his backroom team???
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

Moyes won't see a lot wrong with what we're doing - not enough to want to change the staff

This is his football, this is what he wants to see on the pitch
RedFish
Reserves

7 years ago

Sid wrote:Moyes won't see a lot wrong with what we're doing - not enough to want to chan ge the staff

This is his football, this is what he wants to see on the pitch
Did he take every training session at Everton too?? If he had 100% trust in his coaching staff then surely he could let them get on with it. I don't think he helps himself with the amount of work he's taking on........

With the team seemingly so slow to adapt tactically on the pitch I wonder if we are missing Muleensteen and Phelan.... :-\