Moyes! After you who????

Manchester United chat
Snoopcousins
Legend

7 years ago

How much do the Glazers really care about getting us back to the VERY top?

Why would they...?
For them...Would it really make viable financial sense to splash out £200M+ (with no guarantee) ?

Would they be interested in paying for the best manager and give whatever funds necessary to buy (and would prob be quality potential players or mercenaries since wont be in top 4) ?

They are stuck between a rock and a hard place now....that's why they thru a few quid at getting Mata but it's not enough...unfortunately because of Moyes/Neville shite tactics, motivation, organisation etc.

As Alf says they can afford to give it a year or 2 and if still losing they can market the shit out of us before still selling for a healthy profit.

My answer is they will sanction another £50M this year and hope that it's enough for top 4 next year...but of course it won't happen...

We are well and truely fucked
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

RedFish wrote:
Sid wrote:Moyes won't see a lot wrong with what we're doing - not enough to want to chan ge the staff

This is his football, this is what he wants to see on the pitch
Did he take every training session at Everton too?? If he had 100% trust in his coaching staff then surely he could let them get on with it. I don't think he helps himself with the amount of work he's taking on........

With the team seemingly so slow to adapt tactically on the pitch I wonder if we are missing Muleensteen and Phelan.... :-\
He did yeah, he took training

He's a man who does everything, that's part of the problem. If his way is wrong, outdated, old fashioned, then it's wrong from the top to the bottom - from the tactics to the players
Neil
First Teamer

7 years ago

Some really good points on this thread. Spot on in saying we need someone to come in and rebuild. The name I'm going to put forward might surprise a few of you but hear me out, I think Frank Rijkaard would be perfect for the situation we are faced with in the coming seasons.

He oversaw a great transition at Barcelona from 2003 onwards and rebuilt the team into one of the most impressive attacking sides in recent history (actually I would personally say the great Barca side of Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Giuly, Deco, etc played with as much tempo and flair as any side I have seen). They were awesome to watch, winning back to back league titles and the Champions League. Rijkaard did more of a rebuilding job than Guardiola ever had to do, successfully integrating many different types of players in the team, many of whom were not from the Barca academy.

Most importantly? Understanding attacking football, not just understanding it but embracing it. Having the natural risk taking mentality that is required to build a genuinely attack-minded team. Enhancing the flair players by refocusing the team structure around them. Imagine what he could achieve with Mata, Kagawa, Januzaj, Rooney, Hernandez and Van Persie.

Rijkaard moved onto lower level roles from 2008 onwards, he didn't really seem to be up for any of them. He was apparently offered the PSG job last summer but turned it down. He's 51 now and working in America. No idea if being given the chance to take on Manchester United would appeal to him, but I'd love to see it.
Lazarus
Legend

7 years ago

Rijkaard would be a good shout and he did do most of the spade work at Barca. Im sure that i watched an interview a while back where he said he was happy out of the limelight. The United job would not be out of the limelight.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

7 years ago

Whilst it may seem unlikely, I actually don't think our chances of getting Mourinho are out of the realms of fantasy.

I think the chance of showing that he would be a proper replacement for Ferguson, would appeal to his ego. I think at heart, he saw it as his job and he wants it.

Taking the job from Ferguson in the summer, with that squad, would have been a risk. If he were to come in now, the only way would be up. Any short term issues he could argue away and attribute to the previous regime, and there's perhaps a level of appetite for some player investment that wasn't there in the summer.

Unlikely yes (very), but not impossible.

He's the only one with the bollocks big enough to rebuild us in my opinion.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Whilst it may seem unlikely, I actually don't think our chances of getting Mourinho are out of the realms of fantasy.

I think the chance of showing that he would be a proper replacement for Ferguson, would appeal to his ego. I think at heart, he saw it as his job and he wants it.

Taking the job from Ferguson in the summer, with that squad, would have been a risk. If he were to come in now, the only way would be up. Any short term issues he could argue away and attribute to the previous regime, and there's perhaps a level of appetite for some player investment that wasn't there in the summer.

You're joking Mate... he was humiliated by Ferguson, convinced the job was his... even if Ferguson went begging, Mourinho would tell him to fuck off now... and I wouldn't blame him...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

7 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Whilst it may seem unlikely, I actually don't think our chances of getting Mourinho are out of the realms of fantasy.

You're joking Mate... he was humiliated by Ferguson, convinced the job was his... even if Ferguson went begging, Mourinho would tell him to fuck off now... and I wouldn't blame him...
Come on Alf, let me dream. Reality doesn't offer much these days!
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

NO!... dreaming is for Saps... come back down to earth Mate... you're one of the few on here that sees things the way I do... that recognises just how fuckin bad it is, and will stay, until we shift the parasites running the club!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
dozer
Legend

7 years ago

The only person who'll replace Moyes will be

Phil Neville
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

7 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:NO!... dreaming is for Saps... come back down to earth Mate... you're one of the few on here that sees things the way I do... that recognises just how fuckin bad it is, and will stay, until we shift the parasites running the club!
Fair point pal.

Sadly, revenues are still up and I can't see the fuckers going anywhere just yet. Unless they anticipate the likely downturn in revenue if we remain mid-table shite for more than a season.