Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

bman2 wrote:
9 months ago
Sid wrote:
9 months ago
You have to laugh that a club owned by the fucking Mansours is complaining about an unfair un-independent process
:))

Apparently the Premier League is obligated to act now, probably a points deduction. But really if they had any balls they’d declare that Liverpool and United won the league the previous two seasons.
A points deduction would be class. Double whammy. It could be huge this tbf. If the CL ban is upheld Pep would surely leave because he wouldn't be able to attract the top players he needs to be successful. He already needs to freshen the squad up, this would delay it. They'd be directionless then, because they haven't planned for life post-Pep. It took years of planning to get him and build that successful squad. Now it could end pretty quick and takes years to rebuild.

And good tbf. Everybody knows they've been doping, now it's just been proven.
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

It’s also devastating for them from a plastic global club PR perspective: they’re cheats.
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

marlon wrote:
9 months ago
morally won the league...jesus
With 'Jose' in the same sentence
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

FuB wrote:
9 months ago
marlon wrote:
9 months ago
I mean, you can clutch your pearls, but realistically even though we were distant second that season, officially we have the high ground now.

I never wanted Jose as a manager, he’s a destructive cunt. But he is a winner. I’m just saying, this just reinforces how insane it was for a major club to toss Mourinho overboard for some clown with no CV.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

9 months ago

Throw Pep a wedge and see if he fancies trading Blue for Red
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

bman2 wrote:
9 months ago
FuB wrote:
9 months ago
marlon wrote:
9 months ago
I mean, you can clutch your pearls, but realistically even though we were distant second that season, officially we have the high ground now.

I never wanted Jose as a manager, he’s a destructive cunt. But he is a winner. I’m just saying, this just reinforces how insane it was for a major club to toss Mourinho overboard for some clown with no CV.
It's just the thought of having the word 'moral' in the same sentence as 'Jose'. There's a limit to.the revisionism I'll put up with.

However, aside from that, the whole concept of suggesting we were 'moral winners' is a testament to how far our standards have slipped. That's scouse levels of hard done by.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Steggo
Legend

9 months ago

The trouble is that the only team to benefit will be Liverpool. We’re shite, Chelsea, Spurs. Arsenal etc are shite. Who’s going to challenge the scousers? We’re never going to do it with the manager we’ve got. It shows how crap the league is this year in that we can still get 4 th with a manager whose win rate is 29%.
We may be in for years of Liverpool domination.
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Some are acting as if the long term ramifications of this mean the end of City's spending and ultimately their success. Is there any truth to that?

Manchester City now look like a butterfly in danger of having its wings picked off https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -butterfly

Talks about how they'll struggle to pay players of the sportwashing ownership model is outlawed. Would love to see it.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

9 months ago

If this is going to be as big as people think, we as a club need to wake the fuck up and see the massive opportunity before us to get our shit together quickly.
dozer
Legend

9 months ago

The rule is a pathetic one tbf. How can Man City compete for the league without spending a lot more than they earn.
Having said that, the rules were in place so they should be punished.
But the FFP rule is bullshit and shouldn't exist. The rules instead should have some controls in place where if the owner quits or becomes bankrupt the club won't go under. Like having cash proportional to expenses in an escrow account if possible.
Amazon I think made losses for 15 years before becoming profitable.