Manchester United to break away from the Premier League

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 2 years ago The two will be Chelsea and City. Definitely City - they don't need the money, and they DO give a shit about their fans. They're geared up for footballing success way above commercial success. Similar concept with Abramovich.

What will be interesting is whether others follow.

I'm hoping this all caves and it leads to a proper movement, possibly government backed, to get these leeches out of our football club. Run the Glazers and Woodward out of town, and it might need to get ugly.
The Glazers have to go if the ESL fails. Their position is untenable. Ed especially. They won't let him take up a position in the ECA again, and the Prem won't have him back. He's gone it alone, and now it's sink or swim.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago This “end of football” shit is pure desperate PR from people trying to save their business model.
But it's not just vested interests like pundits and broadcasters saying this, who, it's true are mourning their lost revenue - it's fans as well, working class fans, managers, Fergie, even Klopp whose just said he's against it. Klopp would be managing an ESL club cos he's one of the world's best, so it's in his interest to support it. He'd earn shitloads more money. But he's against it.

It sounds to me like you're using this as an excuse to gently reveal your support for a terrible, unfair, bullshit idea that's gonna fuck the rest of football
Klopp never said shit. Did you watch the interview?
He said he stands by his original comments. Go read his original comments.

No individual is going to openly criticise the plans just yet cos they'll axe him instantly. Players, managers, staff need to talk, organise and then act as a collective. That way you're stronger.

Having said that he might change his mind, he might want the extra money. It's too early to tell. But individuals can't do jack. A collective can.

I guess you've never said boo to your employer eh
Haha infact I've threatened to sue one of my former employers when I was working for them.
Anti captilists are emotional fools eh?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 2 years ago The two will be Chelsea and City. Definitely City - they don't need the money, and they DO give a shit about their fans. They're geared up for footballing success way above commercial success. Similar concept with Abramovich.

What will be interesting is whether others follow.

I'm hoping this all caves and it leads to a proper movement, possibly government backed, to get these leeches out of our football club. Run the Glazers and Woodward out of town, and it might need to get ugly.
The Glazers have to go if the ESL fails. Their position is untenable. Ed especially. They won't let him take up a position in the ECA again, and the Prem won't have him back. He's gone it alone, and now it's sink or swim.
It could truly be shit or bust for this club. Maybe this is the crossroads moment that we've needed for the last 15 years.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Hard to see how FSG and the Glazers can ever walk back into the Prem, CL and their respective clubs after this

All bridges have been burned, all relationships destroyed

It's ESL or bust for them
I doubt it. Like it or not the premier league needs the big clubs.
If ESL is a no go, the PL will have no option but to take the club back without any repurcussions.
In fact they may go half way and end up allowing big clubs to negotiate their own TV rights.

It'll suck for us. Better start purchaing Man Utd shares to cover for the subscription charges.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago This “end of football” shit is pure desperate PR from people trying to save their business model.
But it's not just vested interests like pundits and broadcasters saying this, who, it's true are mourning their lost revenue - it's fans as well, working class fans, managers, Fergie, even Klopp whose just said he's against it. Klopp would be managing an ESL club cos he's one of the world's best, so it's in his interest to support it. He'd earn shitloads more money. But he's against it.

It sounds to me like you're using this as an excuse to gently reveal your support for a terrible, unfair, bullshit idea that's gonna fuck the rest of football
Klopp never said shit. Did you watch the interview?
He said he stands by his original comments. Go read his original comments.

No individual is going to openly criticise the plans just yet cos they'll axe him instantly. Players, managers, staff need to talk, organise and then act as a collective. That way you're stronger.

Having said that he might change his mind, he might want the extra money. It's too early to tell. But individuals can't do jack. A collective can.

I guess you've never said boo to your employer eh
Haha infact I've threatened to sue one of my former employers when I was working for them.
Anti captilists are emotional fools eh?
Well done. I was part of organising my old work place when they tried to put us on zero hours and take a week's wage off us. We acted as a united voice and defeated em. The one person who acted alone ended up getting the boot. We did warn em.

You have to work as a collective, never more so when you're dealing with something as big and powerful as international football.

States are involved now, plotting international sanctions ffs. This is a major diplomatic incident cos it affects so many rich people. So I think players and managers will keep their heads down and see what happens. A wise move for now. This is bigger than any of em.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Hard to see how FSG and the Glazers can ever walk back into the Prem, CL and their respective clubs after this

All bridges have been burned, all relationships destroyed

It's ESL or bust for them
I doubt it. Like it or not the premier league needs the big clubs.
If ESL is a no go, the PL will have no option but to take the club back without any repurcussions.
In fact they may go half way and end up allowing big clubs to negotiate their own TV rights.

It'll suck for us. Better start purchaing Man Utd shares to cover for the subscription charges.
It needs United, not Ed. In fact Sky/Comcast, BT etc would probably prefer someone else to take over the running of United cos their prized asset is stuttering under the current regime.

But yeah, good point about the TV rights thing. There might be a compromise. Let the top 6 back in but give em their own TV rights as a sweetener to placate em.

It's basically a massive game of chess, isn't it
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I actually think the players could have a HUGE say in this. Imagine a joined up, universally agreed position of 'we will not play in any ESL games'. Now, the chances are very slim, but it'd kill it dead. And as I say, if this really does impact on their ability to play for their country, players will absolutely start to give a shit and take a position. There's security in numbers as well. A small number of players speaking out are isolated, but doing it as a collective is a different matter.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Boris Johnson is due to hold a virtual meeting imminently with officials from the FA and the Premier League, as well as representatives from fans’ groups, to discuss the government response to the ESL. The prime minister has said he will examine “everything we can do” to stop the ESL, with possible measures including recourse to competition laws, and as-yet unspecified ways of withdrawing official support for teams involved, potentially connected to areas like work permits, travel or even policing.

We are promised a Downing Street summary of the meeting, due to start more or less now, once it is over.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Scouse captain is against it

It's coming out in dribs and drabs that the players don't like it. They just need to be careful cos FSG will axe Milner / anyone who speaks as individually. They need to speak out as a collective.
swampash
Legend

The Parliamentary statement and subsequent questions were all very solidly for doing whatever it takes to stop the ESL in its tracks.