Will the Glazers sell?

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Rejoice, for today the Glazers take 11m out the club. That's 122m in 6 years. I think we can all agree it's well deserved. It's also good to see Richard Arnold and the board have achieved their primary aim. At last some good news

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 1 year ago
How the fuck was that justified? 266 million, holy shit.

Maybe we should be thankful its only 11.

Those florida swamp rats have really fucked United over, and there is no end in sight, we are just a personal ATM for them that they can continue to profit from even as we slip deeper into mid table mediocrity.
bman2
Legend

If the government can kick Abramovich out of Chelsea, why can't it do the same for Manchester United?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago If the government can kick Abramovich out of Chelsea, why can't it do the same for Manchester United?
It's interesting how even the free market worshipping planet-destroying capitalist vermin Tory party put protections in place to stop Chelsea being sucked dry by vampires.

I think that's the best you'll get. Abramovic was a war criminal, the Glazers are just businessmen (aka capitalist vampires). Generally they believe rich people have the right to do what they want - even if that means destroying the actual thing. To take the club off them would be a barbaric act of violent Maoism in their eyes.

I mean they're accusing railworkers, nurses and bus drivers of being communists just cos they want to earn enough to live ffs. But that's another story.
sheesh
Legend

What is their end game?

OK the owners don't give a shit whether or not we're successful but we're half a billion quid in debt and the club is on its knees.

Do we have to get relegated for them to sell up? I don't know.
Jason
Star Man

sheesh wrote: 1 year ago What is their end game?

OK the owners don't give a shit whether or not we're successful but we're half a billion quid in debt and the club is on its knees.

It really doesn't matter how shit we become, they know they have a historic asset that they will always be able to sell and make a profit on no matter how far we slide.

Chelsea went for what 4billion? United in much worse state are going to bring in more.
bman2
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 1 year ago
sheesh wrote: 1 year ago What is their end game?

It really doesn't matter how shit we become, they know they have a historic asset that they will always be able to sell and make a profit on no matter how far we slide.

Chelsea went for what 4billion? United in much worse state are going to bring in more.
Maybe. I'm not sure that history has the stickiness it used to. Do kids from America or Asia care? Chelsea's in London too, which helps attract both players and tourist supporters. United is quickly becoming the other Manchester club.
bman2
Legend

What is the exact Glazer situation? I think the club is mostly owned by Malcom's six kids? Do I have that right? It does see like Malcom had what passed for brains in the family. They've obviously got no aptitude for running a business or an organisation. They obviously don't even have any interest in giving it a go, given they never even set foot in Manchester. Their dad just acquired a bunch of "properties", some of it literally property, shopping malls, and eventually a couple of sports teams. But they are fundamentally absentee landlords sitting on properties that provides a steady stream of wealth to them. None of those properties has been managed well, according to the reports, but they were bought on debt and other people's money, so they don't have to be run well for a lazy family to live well. But as they have kids, have expensive divorces and so on, that revenue stream eventually won't be enough to keep the expanding inbred clan in the manner they're used to. Then they'll start selling. But who knows how long that takes.

In the shorter term, a really big offer would have to come to tempt them to sell. But United would be expensive in the first place on top of needing a big injection of investment to fix up again. It's like a big creaking old hotel.

European Super League is more likely I'd say to transform United's fortunes. But we'd still have the same shit owners mismanaging the club, who wouldn't even have the financial allure of CL qualification to keep them a little bit interest in footballing success.
swampash
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago If the government can kick Abramovich out of Chelsea, why can't it do the same for Manchester United?
They’d have to declare war on an ex Soviet country first...