Will the Glazers sell?

Manchester United chat
sheesh
Legend

This is Chelsea-related news but it's interesting that the ownership model at United is being held up as an example of what not to do:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.c ... l-12606482
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 1 year ago This is Chelsea-related news but it's interesting that the ownership model at United is being held up as an example of what not to do:

Definitely. I think there's a desire from goverment, FA, Prem and broadcasters (certainly Sky) for the Glazers and their business model to fuck off. Sky are super critical of the Glazers, permanently amplifying Nevs anti Glazer speeches and even letting him fan the flames of discontent over the ESL which was heavily directed at the Glazers.

And it makes sense cos football's biggest draw, the most profitable commodity, Man United, are shit - and it'll be turning fans, customers and subscribers away. I'm not paying hundreds for Sky to see a half arsed mismanaged dogshit football club. Looking at the wider picture, interest in football is on the decline - without United, it's in serious decline.

The unregulated capitalist free market that is the Prem has essentially shit on its own product by letting any old incompetent useless cunt take over and ruin the most profitable asset

Having said all that, the fact the majority owner of Chelsea is going to be a private equity firm will still fuck Chelsea whether there are time limits on their dividends or not. Private equity only care about profit, not football, and that will fuck them the same way it has United.

Thanks for posting that, Sheesh. It's very interesting to see how English football appears to be changing. Let's see where it goes from here.
sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago
sheesh wrote: 1 year ago This is Chelsea-related news but it's interesting that the ownership model at United is being held up as an example of what not to do:

Definitely. I think there's a desire from goverment, FA, Prem and broadcasters (certainly Sky) for the Glazers and their business model to fuck off. Sky are super critical of the Glazers, permanently amplifying Nevs anti Glazer speeches and even letting him fan the flames of discontent over the ESL which was heavily directed at the Glazers.

And it makes sense cos football's biggest draw, the most profitable commodity, Man United, are shit - and it'll be turning fans, customers and subscribers away. I'm not paying hundreds for Sky to see a half arsed mismanaged dogshit football club. Looking at the wider picture, interest in football is on the decline - without United, it's in serious decline.

The unregulated capitalist free market that is the Prem has essentially shit on its own product by letting any old incompetent useless cunt take over and ruin the most profitable asset

Having said all that, the fact the majority owner of Chelsea is going to be a private equity firm will still fuck Chelsea whether there are time limits on their dividends or not. Private equity only care about profit, not football, and that will fuck them the same way it has United.

Thanks for posting that, Sheesh. It's very interesting to see how English football appears to be changing. Let's see where it goes from here.
No worries!
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Let's hope there isn't a desire for violence, thats all I can say.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

More on this:

FA working with leagues to tackle leveraged takeovers of clubs

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... dApp_Other
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

From that article

Burnley’s annual accounts recently revealed that, in the event of relegation, they would be obliged to make a “significant” repayment on more than £100m of debt placed on the club by the owners.

This is bullshit. Put Burnley's owners up against a wall.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Scandalous. Lets hope they move onto retrospective action with owners who’ve already implemented such models, though that would be much harder to do,
Jason
Star Man

Yesterdays Athletic podcast had Jim O'Neill, former utd director and one of the red knights back in 2010.

Interesting listen and its only about 30mins or so, but to some it up, we are fucked, the glazers will never change or sell the club, and we just a personal bank for them.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 1 year ago Yesterdays Athletic podcast had Jim O'Neill, former utd director and one of the red knights back in 2010.

Interesting listen and its only about 30mins or so, but to some it up, we are fucked, the glazers will never change or sell the club, and we just a personal bank for them.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely give that a listen.

*Edits* not sure if you have to pay but I've found it for free here

https://podfollow.com/1488521447/episod ... a4074/view
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

They're not going to leave of their own accord. They need running out.