Assessing our squad

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

sheesh wrote: 1 year ago
3 won't be nearly enough.

You just know that instead of trying to be creative and clever, we'll chase after Rice and Kane.
fat maradona
Legend

Lots of tittle tattle today.......apparently the Board nor the players were overly happy about Ralf's candid comments at the weekend, especially about the open heart surgery and the need for as many as 10 players this summer. Apparently ETH is now being told that it will be an evolution not a revolution for his rebuild and that we shouldn't expect more than 3 new players this summer.......Barca willing to sell us Frenkie 'The Flop' De Jong for as little as £58m, fuck that, he's defo not what we need......

It's all gossip and I know I shouldn't take it seriously but there's a nagging feeling that the Board will back track on what was promised to ETH and we will end up the same as always.
swampash
Legend

Looks like it's all going tits up and ETH hasn't even arrived yet. What chance he pulls out and tells them to shove it?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Lots of tittle tattle today.......apparently the Board nor the players were overly happy about Ralf's candid comments at the weekend, especially about the open heart surgery and the need for as many as 10 players this summer. Apparently ETH is now being told that it will be an evolution not a revolution for his rebuild and that we shouldn't expect more than 3 new players this summer.......Barca willing to sell us Frenkie 'The Flop' De Jong for as little as £58m, fuck that, he's defo not what we need......

It's all gossip and I know I shouldn't take it seriously but there's a nagging feeling that the Board will back track on what was promised to ETH and we will end up the same as always.
Ralf's comments are getting more and more candid. He's stopping giving a fuck, and rightly so. He's not speaking like someone that is going to be employed by the club for the next 2 years. And if those evolution not revolution comments are true then the club are already putting the breaks on any kind of immediate progress.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

No surprise. The club simply won’t embrace the level of reset needed.

As for Ralf, I don’t know if he’s stopped giving a fuck, I think he’s just a footballing man, saying it as it is. Although, he probably feels let down by the lack of basic professionalism shown by his players and has no need to give them the air cover that previous managers did.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago No surprise. The club simply won’t embrace the level of reset needed.

As for Ralf, I don’t know if he’s stopped giving a fuck, I think he’s just a footballing man, saying it as it is. Although, he probably feels let down by the lack of basic professionalism shown by his players and has no need to give them the air cover that previous managers did.
Yeah I think that's a huge factor. But he doesn't come across as bitter and I haven't heard him throw any player under the bus, as they say (must be Mourinho's bus, since he loved getting in on players personally).
swampash
Legend

I think he’s the thorough pro. Knows what’s needed and if the club don’t see it he’ll be welcomed with open arm by a proper club.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Watch Ralf rock up at Newcastle in the summer and then build them a proper club that overtakes us in 2 years. Or maybe 1.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Watch Ralf rock up at Newcastle in the summer and then build them a proper club that overtakes us in 2 years. Or maybe 1.
That could genuinely happen that. He says himself he's a gun for hire. All the top clubs especially sportwashed clubs want to play that exciting attacking football, it's good for the brand, for the washing project etc and Ralf is the main man.
fat maradona
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Watch Ralf rock up at Newcastle in the summer and then build them a proper club that overtakes us in 2 years. Or maybe 1.
That could genuinely happen that. He says himself he's a gun for hire. All the top clubs especially sportwashed clubs want to play that exciting attacking football, it's good for the brand, for the washing project etc and Ralf is the main man.
I dunno, I recall he had to be convinced to come to United i.e. that he was happy where he was and wanted the guarantee of the consultancy role to be able to instigate the changes. It seems he loves a project and a challenge but I bet he's never had to deal with twats like the Glazers before.