Old Trafford redevelopment

Manchester United chat
sheesh
Legend

In my own fantasy world, I'd personally knock the whole thing down and start afresh. We need a world class stadium that's fit for the 21st century. Can't see it happening, though.
Last edited by sheesh 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
fat maradona
Legend

I'm with you Sheesh, it needs a rebuild not a patch up job. The Glazers will sell the naming rights to fund it mind, we'll end up being called the 'Manchester Emirates United' or something.
swampash
Legend

Time to pull it down and rebuild.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I would support a decent rebuild, not a soulless bowl, but a proper rectangular stadium where fans are close to the pitch and the seats close together. You could also throw in cool modern bits like the open stand they have at Dortmund and Spurs.

But then thinking about the money... We already have 5/600m debt - a new stadium would cost more than 1bn. That's potentially ruinous. At best it hampers progress on the pitch as it results in austerity.

Arsenal's decline happened gradually after they built their new soulless bowl stadium. Wenger's football was flawed but it was multiplied by the tight budget he had to work to. Spurs are also hugely hampered.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I wonder if this has something to do with the european super league that is back on the horizon

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 30845.html

Basically the Glazers dangling a shiny new toy in front of fans saying 'back the ESL and you can have this great new stadium'
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Manchester United appoint consultants to draw up plans for a redevelopment of Old Trafford

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 58071.html

Funny how we get this news days before the protest at the Norwich game. More flak management from the Glazers.