Erik Ten Hag

Manchester United chat
sheesh
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Reports from credible outfits now that TH is jointing the club ASAP, as soon as Ajax’s season is done, which is only two weeks away or so. Really encouraging that he’s eager to seize the chance to turn around a huge club that has been an embarrassment to its supporters for the last nine years. He’s up for it.

It’s also really starting to look like Rangnick is having quite a big influence on things. TH was his preferred option, and it sounds like he’s having an influence on our transfer policy too. The club actually seems to be trying to get its shit together now.
We've changed managers before.
Let's reserve judgement until the recruitment actually happens.
Let's see how many first team players they get rid off. That's the primary indicator I'm looking for. The next one is how many galacticos we buy. Even 1 is too many.
I think we have to manage expectations about how much business we can do in this one window.

Whilst I'm sure there will be quite a few players leaving, I still think we'll keep certain players that fans don't like. At least for now. Could be a year or so before they actually leave.

Maguire signed a 6 year contract when he joined, for example. There's no way on earth he'll leave this summer. Maybe not next summer either.

I hope Rashford will go but it may be that Ten Hag gives him a season to sort himself out. If not, he could be gone next summer.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Aye, we have to be realistic about how many players come and go this summer. But one of the reasons Ten Hag got the job is cos he's a great coach that can improve players. So that's what he has to do; get a tune out of these useless cunts - cos we're not going to be signing 8/9 players in one window. He needs to get the likes of Rashford, Maguire and Shaw playing well.

Also forgot Maguire got a 6 year deal :)) Jesus fucking christ
Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Aye, we have to be realistic about how many players come and go this summer. But one of the reasons Ten Hag got the job is cos he's a great coach that can improve players. So that's what he has to do; get a tune out of these useless cunts - cos we're not going to be signing 8/9 players in one window. He needs to get the likes of Rashford, Maguire and Shaw playing well.

Also forgot Maguire got a 6 year deal :)) Jesus fucking christ

Its almost at though harrys agent knew he was going to be out of his depth at United, and got him locked into as long a contract as possible on top dollar, knowing it was going to be as good as it got for his man.
bman2
Legend

Probably on huge money too. I read the other day that United has four of the five best paid players in the PL. the other one is de Bruyne I think.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Fred Rutten rejects Ten Hag's assistant coach offer at Manchester United

"Erik ten Hag has asked me to be his assistant at Manchester United, I said no,” Rutten told Dutch TV. “This type of project, I felt uncomfortable with it.”

He added: “At Manchester United you get on a train and you can’t get off it. I want to feel comfortable in something you step into. That is the case with PSV. It’s nice when you have grandchildren, who you see every now and then and who can play ball with.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ter-united

Sounds like he's happy in his work and family life - why ruin it by drinking from the poison chalice that is United
sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Fred Rutten rejects Ten Hag's assistant coach offer at Manchester United

"Erik ten Hag has asked me to be his assistant at Manchester United, I said no,” Rutten told Dutch TV. “This type of project, I felt uncomfortable with it.”

He added: “At Manchester United you get on a train and you can’t get off it. I want to feel comfortable in something you step into. That is the case with PSV. It’s nice when you have grandchildren, who you see every now and then and who can play ball with.”

Sounds like he's happy in his work and family life - why ruin it by drinking from the poison chalice that is United
Yeah, exactly. Who can blame him?

We had been linked with Mitchell van der Gaag too. Not sure what happened there.

BTW Feyenoord scored 2 late goals to draw with PSV. Ajax look like they're going to win the league. 2 games left and 4 points ahead.

dozer
Legend

Why do managers hire assistants from the same country/league? I would have thought someone with a very different style and knowledge of other leagues would be a good assistant. Like Fergie and Carlos Queiroz. That's a deadly cocktail.
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Why do managers hire assistants from the same country/league? I would have thought someone with a very different style and knowledge of other leagues would be a good assistant. Like Fergie and Carlos Queiroz. That's a deadly cocktail.
I just hope Ten hag doesn't hire any coaches with a French temperament.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Fred Rutten rejects Ten Hag's assistant coach offer at Manchester United

Good for him, sounds like he's happy with his priorities. A club like United is all-consuming circus even if things are going well. The people who really succeed aren't exactly balanced and happy people.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Ten Hag has apparently brought Pre-Season forward by 2 weeks, as he’s watched out recent games and doesn’t think we’re fit enough.

I like him already.