vs Bayern

Forum for match day threads
Red legend
Star Man

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Mopes biggest problem is his reliance on old school tactics... strict adherence to discipline and shape... easy to figure out and play against for a quality team...

Of course the defence needs to be disciplined, but you've got to have some unpredictability and invention up front.

4-2-3-1...

Mopes needs to organise a solid 4-2, from whatever he's got, and then play Januzaj....Mata....Kagawa, behind Rooney, and tell them all to play with freedom...

I think we're going to get pulverized, no matter what we do, but just give the fans some entertainment, and let's try and score some fuckin goals... if we lose 5-3, or summat like that, then fine... this is Bayern ffs, and they are probably the best team in the world right now... but let's at least have a go... I'm betting Mopes will line us up to fight for a clean sheet, and try to knick a goal...

IT WON'T FUCKIN WORK AND WE'LL JUST GET ANNIHILATED...
Absolutely.

He needs to motivate the lads in a way they can't refuse. Maybe offer to have the chosen one banner removed if they secure a successful draw.
Dosdamt
Star Man

4 years ago

It'll be a massacre across two legs. Easily into double digits.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

DDG
RAF - JONES - RIO - EVRA
CARRICK - GIGGS
TONY V - WELBECK - JAN/KAGS
ROONEY

Anything other than that is a waste of time.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

What? no Fellaini?

Thought he was your man?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

What the fuck does it matter who lines up to get steamrollered?
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:What? no Fellaini?

Thought he was your man?
Yeah very disappointed there, though I still think he would offer more if he was playing with more confidence in a team that was working better than ours is overall. For the record though, I never claimed he was a world beater or that he was worth anything close to the money we paid for him, pretty sure I only ever said he'd be a decent squaddie and an improvement on Cleverley.
Dosdamt
Star Man

4 years ago

Lazarus wrote:What the fuck does it matter who lines up to get steamrollered?
It's like speculating which lube to use before jailhouse queue get a go from behind - yes it's lovely you've got lube, it's great you've got a choice, but at the end of the day you'll still have a sore butt and you sure as hell won't care afterwards about the lube, just the result.
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Evans and Smalling could be back for the Villa according to physioroom.com.

Dave
Rafael Jones Evans Smalling
Carrick Fletcher
Januzaj Kagawa Welbeck
Rooney

Our LB won't be doing much attacking anyway and everyone is a better defender than Buttner. Could go for Valencia over Januzaj + Giggs for Kagawa
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Is Evra injured or suspended that nobody is including him in their lineups? I know his best days are behind him, but he's still better than Buttner FFS. Especially if he's given a few days rest and given the option of prioritizing defending over attacking, i.e. by having someone decent in front of him.

Fletcher's probably the best of a bad bunch in CM these days, but he just doesn't seem to have the mobility and energy that he used to, so pairing him with Carrick could be disastrous. It's got to be Giggs.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

That dutch coach is gobbing off again, this one is fucking brilliant:

Raymond Verheijen @raymondverheije
The visit of Bayern Munich & Guardiola to Old Trafford will have the cosmic impact of an asteroid or comet, ending the reign of a dinosaur.

Haha, he's really got it in for Moyes, it's great