vs Bayern

Forum for match day threads
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

4 years ago

danniitronix wrote:
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:thats bollocks about terry tbf

even rio cant bring it out of defence and play long and short passes with either foot like terry can and still does
Tezza is a cunt but you got to rate his defence. Rio is knackered and cant be compared to Tezza now. Top class Rio was always better than Tezza. Stronger, faster, smarter and just better. The only thing that Tezza has always been better than Rio as it, is giving a shit. Rio is and always has been a lazy fuck.
hes better on the ball tbf

hard to argue otherwise after years of rios aimless hoofs to no one in particular

best defender weve ever had tho tbf
lkhm

hoofing
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

dozer wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Phil Jones has twice the ability of John Terry. What he's lacked, is:

a) consistently being picked at centre half
b) not having a regular partner at centre half
c) having a developing keeper behind him, and a shite midfield in front of him
d) this season at least, a manager who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.
The excuses are already out for Jones I see. That's him sorted for the rest of his career - a United legend.
Twice the ability of Terry - yessir
I
Last edited by ashleyfuckingyoung on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
dozer wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Phil Jones has twice the ability of John Terry. What he's lacked, is:

a) consistently being picked at centre half
b) not having a regular partner at centre half
c) having a developing keeper behind him, and a shite midfield in front of him
d) this season at least, a manager who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.
The excuses are already out for Jones I see. That's him sorted for the rest of his career - a United legend.
Twice the ability of Terry - yessir
I stand by that. He's not as good now, but I think he could be much better in time.

He's a 22 year old centre half who's already a better midfielder than fucking Fellaini, who we paid 27m for. He's spent more time being played in midfield and full back than at centre halt too. At the same age, Chelsea accepted a 750K bid from Huddersfield for Terry, but he chose not to go.

He's got some way to reach the level Terry is at now, but he has more natural ability and if he's managed properly, and we're managed properly (unfortunately we're fucked on both counts) he will go on to surpass Terry in my opinion.