vs. Sunderland

Manchester United chat
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

Rafael, Rooney out. van Persie back in training.

442, Welbeck, Hernandez up top and Mata on the left. Wonder if we'll see Fellaini
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

marlon wrote:442, Welbeck, Hernandez up top and Mata on the left. Wonder if we'll see Fellaini
4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 (the difference comes down to whether or not the wingers track back). At home, to a relegation-threatened club, you'd think Giggs could get away with almost any formation and lineup, but Sunderland needs the points and has some recent good results against top four sides, so the interim manager needs to be careful.

I don't see any point in pairing Welbeck with Hernandez. They haven't played together enough to have developed a decent understanding, so using Mata (or possibly Kagawa) behind either striker should prove more productive. Personally, I'd go with the more physical Welbeck to start and Chicharito to sub. I could see Giggs sticking with Valencia on the right, but, unless Sunderland are so toothless in attacking down their right side that Giggs can afford a left wing who won't be of much help to Evra, I can't see him starting Kagawa or Januzaj there. Nani or Young on the left would be my guess.

No Fellaini for me (surprise, surprise), but the alternatives are so few that, if Giggs doesn't go with Carrick & Fletcher in midfield, Fellaini just might get the nod.
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

That was a prediction, rather than a wish. Giggs seems to be a little more traditional in his style than I'd like.

I'd like Nani-Mata-Januzaj behind Welbeck.
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

marlon wrote:That was a prediction, rather than a wish...
Same here. At this point, we're all just guessing/predicting with very little to go on. I'd like to see something other than what I predicted, especially the Fellaini part, but I do recognize that, as it did for Moyes, a crap CM pairing does tie Giggsy's hands somewhat.
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

5 years ago

Kags did nothing last week to earn a benching. I like Jacuzzi, Kags and Valencia behind Welbs. Do what he did last week and sub out any struggling players with Chico or Mata. Keep everybody happy except Nani who would never survive Van Gaal.
Editor
Manager

5 years ago

Expecting another Fergieesque team from Giggs today... so Valencia and Young it is then
---------------------
Editor, United Rant
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Editor wrote:Expecting another Fergieesque team from Giggs today... so Valencia and Young it is then
Even so... should be enough to deal with Sunderland.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
urboystook1hellofabeating
First Teamer

5 years ago

marlon wrote:That was a prediction, rather than a wish. Giggs seems to be a little more traditional in his style than I'd like.

I'd like Nani-Mata-Januzaj behind Welbeck.

--Yep. :-)
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Nani? Some people are endlessly optimistic :-o
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Minus The Bear
Star Man

5 years ago

It would be good to give Sunderland a hiding. Sure they'll survive though this season, unfortunately.