Ji Sung Park Retires

Manchester United chat
Spudiator
Star Man

6 years ago

I'd love to see another Park-like player or two in the current team. At least he was a tryer, which is more than you can say for cunts like Young, Cleverley, Nani and Anderson who are content to just coast through games seemingly thinking they don't need to put the effort in.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

Shocking how the usual suspects rate kagawa but doesn't rate park.
Maybe not so shocking
Minus The Bear
Star Man

6 years ago

Have a lot of time for him although it's sullied slightly because he was the central midfielder when we lost to Blackburn 3-2 back in 2011 and made Pogba basically think fuck this for a game of soldiers.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

Fergie would have played park up front as a number 10 if he could. That blackburn game was one of his senile moments.
LurganRed
First Teamer

6 years ago

dozer wrote:Shocking how the usual suspects rate kagawa but doesn't rate park.
Maybe not so shocking

Tbf Dozer Kagawa has more flair than Park ever had, but Park could never be accused of not putting a shift in, and that's a question that could asked about the United dressing room this season.

As someone pointed out earlier we've always had that Terrier like player in midfield, the first who springs to my mind was Remi Moses who Maradona and Platini still recall to this day. Ince was more than just a terrier, though in his head he probably fancied himself as John Barnes, Keane was a different player all together, he was no fucking headless chicken...........
Football...........Bloody Hell!!!- SAF 26th May 1999 Camp Nou Barcelona

I am not a Man, I AM CANTONA- Eric Cantona Looking For Eric
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

danniitronix wrote:if you recall he literally shat on the barca midfield when we beat them for our 2008 UCL title. Scholes score the winner at the Nou and then Park proceeded to do what Taggart said and shat on Barca midfield for the rest of the game. even they got the ball Park didn't let them play. we won that game and then won the UCL, which he never played in from recollection. cunt got us there though.

you really have no idea if you can't see the value that Park and Fletcher in their prime gave.

Super-engine players like Robson, Keane, Park, Ince, Fletcher have a limited shelf life - 4 years and they are done. We sold Ince early but the rest were all trading on past reputations for a couple more years, but they contributed massively in there own way.

some of you cunts are dreamers, have your head in the clouds. it's as if you want four paul scholes in midfield. not going to happen, you're lucky if you get one paul scholes every fucking 50 years. you look at barca with your cocks hanging out wanking all over messi, iniesta and xavi, and want the same at united.

a player gives 100% day in, day out, never winges about his contract or more money, never complains if he is benched, always considered it the biggest honour to play at united, never snitches to the media, yet he's labelled a talentless shit cunt.

you're a fucking disgrace.
You're the fuckin disgrace... Park and Fletcher are to football, what Tie Domi and Marty McSorley were to hockey... useful tools in the grand scheme of trying to win games, but an eyesore on the pure beauty of the game...

You put Fletcher and Park in the same category as Keane, Ince, Robson... and then have the stones to call others clueless...

By your fucked up logic Fellaini is quality, because he was a useful tool for Moyes at Everton, he shat all over United first game last year, so he must be classsssss!

Don't forget to come back and hand out some more slaps, yeah?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

LurganRed wrote:

That's a be harsh Danni,

I can't speak for the rest of Rant but I've a lot of time for utility players, I still hold Hargreaves in high regard even after the way he left the club. Park and Fletch were outstanding against Arsenal too at the Emirates in the Semi in 09, Alf was a bit harsh on Park but he was talented Guus Hiddink was gutted to lose him at PSV remember how Hiddink advised him that it would be the biggest mistake of his career??
I wasn't being harsh Mate... let's be honest here... I've actually got a bit of time for Park, simply because he did his job well... he was a great man marker, with a horses engine... he was a damn sight more deserving of his oats than some of the cunts we've had at United lately... but a good footballer he was not... and if we'd had a proper midfield at the time, Park wouldn't have played much... if at all...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Bill2
First Teamer

6 years ago

My fav Park game was the 4 nil CL Quarter win vs Milan at home. He was everywhere that night.
RedFish
Reserves

6 years ago

3 cheers for 3 lungs. Shame he didn't have 3 knees though!

Loved watching him getting in the faces of the opposition......like a caged animal. Nice one Park!
redzebs
Legend

6 years ago

Ironically he played centrally or as a no.10 for his country but nearly always playd wide for us and we now have about 6 no .10's ffs
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.