Squad

Manchester United chat
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 5912
Joined: 4 years ago

9 months ago

Lindelof's ability on the ball could be an asset. At the moment Jones and Bailly don't get involved in the build-up at all. With our full backs often hanging back, it means we've often got 3 or 4 players out of the game when we're in possession.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 19283
Joined: 4 years ago

9 months ago

Aye after all Jose's spending we're relying on the dross Rashford who was definitely going to be sold, to beat Stoke
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 12047
Joined: 4 years ago

3 months ago

A decent run down on our young players coming through.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-14350226

If three of them made it to the first team it would add a bit of something to hope for.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 19283
Joined: 4 years ago

3 months ago

Definitely

We need another Rashford moment, like when Gaal brought him in and it gave the team and fans a huge lift because he was young, he wasn't phased, he had quality and he was finishing all of his chances

Gomes could be the one. But tbf if Sanchez Rashford Martial Pogba Lukaku can't bring some flair and quality to our attacking play then a kid probably can't.
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4494
Joined: 4 years ago

3 months ago

Sid wrote:Definitely

We need another Rashford moment, like when Gaal brought him in and it gave the team and fans a huge lift because he was young, he wasn't phased, he had quality and he was finishing all of his chances

Gomes could be the one. But tbf if Sanchez Rashford Martial Pogba Lukaku can't bring some flair and quality to our attacking play then a kid probably can't.


There’s better reviews than that
I’ve posted numerous reviews from Howson too over the last while - he attends most youth games and talks to them regularly - also following the ones on loan
Mitchell is apparently ripping it up and getting rave reviews

Plenty to be happy about re kids coming through and I’m sure Gomes will get his chance soon
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 19283
Joined: 4 years ago

3 months ago

I don't doubt Gomes is shit hot Snoop, I'm more concerned about how he'll fit in under Jose's philosophy.

If he sticks him out wide like he did, on the left, he'll require him to do a lot of defensive work. Lots of tracking back, tracking runners and marking space. In some games he'll be required to do this and only this. And he'll be shit at it because he's very small and a pure creative flair player - the kind Jose falls out with.

So I don't see how it will work in the future. Not next season, the season after.
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 12047
Joined: 4 years ago

3 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
Sid wrote:Definitely

We need another Rashford moment, like when Gaal brought him in and it gave the team and fans a huge lift because he was young, he wasn't phased, he had quality and he was finishing all of his chances

Gomes could be the one. But tbf if Sanchez Rashford Martial Pogba Lukaku can't bring some flair and quality to our attacking play then a kid probably can't.


There’s better reviews than that
I’ve posted numerous reviews from Howson too over the last while - he attends most youth games and talks to them regularly - also following the ones on loan
Mitchell is apparently ripping it up and getting rave reviews

Plenty to be happy about re kids coming through and I’m sure Gomes will get his chance soon




Well excuse me!!! [-(
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 12047
Joined: 4 years ago

3 months ago

At least we're keeping Young and Blind for 'another' year...

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-14349374
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 3821
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
Sid wrote:Definitely

We need another Rashford moment, like when Gaal brought him in and it gave the team and fans a huge lift because he was young, he wasn't phased, he had quality and he was finishing all of his chances

Gomes could be the one. But tbf if Sanchez Rashford Martial Pogba Lukaku can't bring some flair and quality to our attacking play then a kid probably can't.


There’s better reviews than that
I’ve posted numerous reviews from Howson too over the last while - he attends most youth games and talks to them regularly - also following the ones on loan
Mitchell is apparently ripping it up and getting rave reviews

Plenty to be happy about re kids coming through and I’m sure Gomes will get his chance soon




Well excuse me!!! [-(


you should know by now that, if Howson hasn't done a video on it, it's not worth saying.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 19283
Joined: 4 years ago

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:At least we're keeping Young and Blind for 'another' year...

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-14349374

So Jose would rather have a 33 year old Young starting next season than Shaw who will undubtedly turn into a quality player if he's developed right

Madness
Post Reply