Squad

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

Lindelof's ability on the ball could be an asset. At the moment Jones and Bailly don't get involved in the build-up at all. With our full backs often hanging back, it means we've often got 3 or 4 players out of the game when we're in possession.
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Aye after all Jose's spending we're relying on the dross Rashford who was definitely going to be sold, to beat Stoke
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

A decent run down on our young players coming through.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-14350226

If three of them made it to the first team it would add a bit of something to hope for.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Definitely

We need another Rashford moment, like when Gaal brought him in and it gave the team and fans a huge lift because he was young, he wasn't phased, he had quality and he was finishing all of his chances

Gomes could be the one. But tbf if Sanchez Rashford Martial Pogba Lukaku can't bring some flair and quality to our attacking play then a kid probably can't.
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:Definitely

We need another Rashford moment, like when Gaal brought him in and it gave the team and fans a huge lift because he was young, he wasn't phased, he had quality and he was finishing all of his chances

Gomes could be the one. But tbf if Sanchez Rashford Martial Pogba Lukaku can't bring some flair and quality to our attacking play then a kid probably can't.

There’s better reviews than that
I’ve posted numerous reviews from Howson too over the last while - he attends most youth games and talks to them regularly - also following the ones on loan
Mitchell is apparently ripping it up and getting rave reviews

Plenty to be happy about re kids coming through and I’m sure Gomes will get his chance soon
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

I don't doubt Gomes is shit hot Snoop, I'm more concerned about how he'll fit in under Jose's philosophy.

If he sticks him out wide like he did, on the left, he'll require him to do a lot of defensive work. Lots of tracking back, tracking runners and marking space. In some games he'll be required to do this and only this. And he'll be shit at it because he's very small and a pure creative flair player - the kind Jose falls out with.

So I don't see how it will work in the future. Not next season, the season after.
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:

I’ve posted numerous reviews from Howson too over the last while - he attends most youth games and talks to them regularly - also following the ones on loan

Plenty to be happy about re kids coming through and I’m sure Gomes will get his chance soon

Well excuse me!!! [-(
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

At least we're keeping Young and Blind for 'another' year...

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-14349374
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:

Well excuse me!!! [-(

you should know by now that, if Howson hasn't done a video on it, it's not worth saying.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:At least we're keeping Young and Blind for 'another' year...

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-14349374

So Jose would rather have a 33 year old Young starting next season than Shaw who will undubtedly turn into a quality player if he's developed right

Madness