Squad

Manchester United chat
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 5758
Joined: 4 years ago

12 hours ago

Gomes and Chong are much too young still surely? Maybe they could get a bit of time in the League Cup or something. Tuanzebe and Fosu would be best served at clubs that aren't stuck in relegation of promotion battles, because in those situations managers tend to play seasoned veterans rather than less predictable young players. What they need is competitive minutes.
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4338
Joined: 4 years ago

12 hours ago

bman2 wrote:
12 hours ago
Gomes and Chong are much too young still surely? Maybe they could get a bit of time in the League Cup or something. Tuanzebe and Fosu would be best served at clubs that aren't stuck in relegation of promotion battles, because in those situations managers tend to play seasoned veterans rather than less predictable young players. What they need is competitive minutes.

Yea they probably are ....but there’s a good chance Gomes would have been given some assurances when signing his pro contract recently ....
I’d be happy if he played in the LC/FC and a few more sub appearances in the PL...

The thing is - you just know the English press will jump all over him with his first goal or whatever - he’ll be hyped up very early ....hopefully as he comes from same family as Nani etc he’ll be ready for it
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 4290
Joined: 4 years ago

12 hours ago

The Fosu-Mensah loan really worked out. Got loads of game time in the prem at CB and RB.


Tuanzebe's whole season has been a waste. First half of the season with us he played one cup game, then went on loan to Villa where they didn't need him and he's been played out of position.
https://www.footballfancast.com/champio ... ebe-future

No point him sitting on the bench here next year with at least 5 senior CBs ahead of him. But it's even worse for him to be sitting on the bench in the championship.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 18850
Joined: 4 years ago

10 hours ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
13 hours ago
Sid wrote:
13 hours ago
bman2 wrote:
14 hours ago
Tuanzebe is only 20 ffs, nothing wrong with a loan, probably the best for him.
Bullshit. If he goes back to Villa for another season he'll be going on 22 the season after when he'll be playing for us. That's getting on. We played Jones as a teenager, and Tuanzebe has proven himself to be more competent and mature than him.

How will spending another season in the Championship help him develop? At a club who've only played him 5 times? How is that "probably the best for him"

It's time he started playing against better quality oppositon in the Prem rather than sitting on the bench in a weaker league. He's ready to be a United squaddie.
No- that’s bullshit Sid

He’ll be 21.... getting on a bit?!?!

And if they’ve played him 5 times then that doesn’t bode well for what they think of him....
He could go somewhere else on loan

And tbh- personally I think he could be great....but are we in a position to play him 40 games next season? A season where you say we NEED to get over 90 points (if Cith so) as anything else if failure?!
Jose will want a strong experienced first choice defense - at best he would be 3rd backup...

Tuanzebe NEEDS to go back on loan and do well!! Show that he can step up and play a good quantity of games for us
It's happening. He's not become the next Rio sitting on the bench at Villa so the Jose fanboy is beginning to not rate him.

And we don't need to play him for 40 games. That's being ridiculous.

I'd maybe be up for another loan spell but not in the Championship. He needs to up the quality. 2 seasons playing in that league training with championship level players isn't good for his development. Maybe he should go abroad, learn some new ideas.

ut personally I'd have him as a squaddie next season. 20-25 appearances would be good. Start him against the riff raff at home, see how he does.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 18850
Joined: 4 years ago

10 hours ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
12 hours ago
bman2 wrote:
12 hours ago
Gomes and Chong are much too young still surely? Maybe they could get a bit of time in the League Cup or something. Tuanzebe and Fosu would be best served at clubs that aren't stuck in relegation of promotion battles, because in those situations managers tend to play seasoned veterans rather than less predictable young players. What they need is competitive minutes.

Yea they probably are ....but there’s a good chance Gomes would have been given some assurances when signing his pro contract recently ....
I’d be happy if he played in the LC/FC and a few more sub appearances in the PL...

The thing is - you just know the English press will jump all over him with his first goal or whatever - he’ll be hyped up very early ....hopefully as he comes from same family as Nani etc he’ll be ready for it
I'd be up for a loan move for Gomes because he's going to be 18 in august so he would benefit from being around pros in the dressing room etc. But not in the fucking Championship. We want him training with quality day in day out. He might be better off going abroad where they'll use his feet and technique more. And a move abroad would keep the hype lowkey because the press would ignore him.
Post Reply