Squad

Manchester United chat
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 months ago

marlon wrote:
4 months ago
I don't get the fuss about Savic. For one thing, he plays in the same role Pogba did at Juve in a 352 - so with 6 or 7 players with more defensive responsibility than him - basically a 10 and like Pogba, he does fuckall defensively (were you comparing him to Carrick snoops?!). Another, he has 15 goals and 10 assists in 2 full seasons at Lazio, which is good, but not sensational - especially when you consider that like Lukaku and everyone else we sign, he'll probably have a poorer record here.

I just don't see the point, other than Mourinho liking tall players. Remember when we were linked to Andre Gomes? Thank fuck he went to Barca.
The United Stand compared him to a more dynamic forward playing Carrick

We need that type of player- someone who demands the balk and can dictate play....and the part that annoys people - letting Pogba get forward more :)
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

I think Savic will be a top player. In a team that values physicality as well as quality. He’s like the player you wish Fellaini was. Not Carrick like I don’t think, though he seems like a good all rounder, but he gets forward big time. I’ve watched a few Lazio matches this season out of curiosity, Cos they claim Jose is infatuated, and I can see why. Big bastard who scores goals.
FuB
Legend

4 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
4 months ago

There can't be many here that don't see that concept as an oxymoron. this is not a criticism of you or of Carrick
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 months ago

FuB wrote:
4 months ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
4 months ago

There can't be many here that don't see that concept as an oxymoron. this is not a criticism of you or of Carrick
I don’t thjnk so.... I see what they mean...

Carrick had a way of turning play over and being in the right place to break up play and get it forward quickly...yes? Savic can do that from what I’ve seen and heard- but also gets forward himself more and can score more etc- maybe a bit more like Roy Keane then ?

Anyway....he’d be a massive upgrade on Fellaini or a past-it Carrick

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
marlon
Legend

4 months ago

He's a good player no doubt, but I don't think he'd be the right signing for us. We have our attacking mid in Pogba and clearly Mourinho is happy with Matic holding. The team as a whole lacks passing ability so that has to be the priority for our third mid.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

marlon wrote:
4 months ago
He's a good player no doubt, but I don't think he'd be the right signing for us. We have our attacking mid in Pogba and clearly Mourinho is happy with Matic holding. The team as a whole lacks passing ability so that has to be the priority for our third mid.
Yeah he might be too similar to Pogba, that's what some people say. And I definitely think we need a great passer to make up the third in the midfield trio. But I think we should sign two high quality central midfielders — 4 quality players competing for three spots, with Herrera and McT as the backups. Doesn't sound unreasonable to me. That's assuming Fellaini leaves of course, which I've always suspected wouldn't happen.
dozer
Legend

4 months ago

Must offer 100m to Spurs for Christian Eriksen
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

Eriksen needs a lot of movement in front of him so he can pick people out. But we don't see that under Mourinho. Our attack is static and shite. He needs a CF that can control the football as well.

Great player like but I think he'd be another forward that would do comparatively fuck all in our team.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

4 months ago

We need to get the mix of world class talent and the right mentality. Sanchez is a perfect example of this. We need to buy well in both areas.

An interesting fact is that We have beaten all of the top six sides in the last two months. In those, three of the five victories have come after we were losing.

The mentality of the players has definitely improved and changed in the big games recently after the fuck up from Moyes.

Do we give José Mourinho full credit for this or is it luck.... open question...
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
4 months ago
We need to get the mix of world class talent and the right mentality. Sanchez is a perfect example of this. We need to buy well in both areas.

An interesting fact is that We have beaten all of the top six sides in the last two months. In those, three of the five victories have come after we were losing.

The mentality of the players has definitely improved and changed in the big games recently after the fuck up from Moyes.

Do we give José Mourinho full credit for this or is it luck.... open question...
It’s not luck- also the 3 goal comeback against Palace was in there....