Squad

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

Yeah the comebacks and the wins against top sides show that the group mentality and determination has improved a lot. On the other hand, we still have these matches where our lads don't even show up. And there's Sevilla.... Sevilla is a bit of an aberration in the second half of this season, because otherwise we've tended to show some fight in the big games. I don't know what to make of shit performances, like West Brom recently. Maybe it's understandable enough, it's late in the season, and there's not much at stake in the league games now.
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 months ago

bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
Yeah the comebacks and the wins against top sides show that the group mentality and determination has improved a lot. On the other hand, we still have these matches where our lads don't even show up. And there's Sevilla.... Sevilla is a bit of an aberration in the second half of this season, because otherwise we've tended to show some fight in the big games. I don't know what to make of shit performances, like West Brom recently. Maybe it's understandable enough, it's late in the season, and there's not much at stake in the league games now.
Yea I was fuming at the Sevilla game at OT....

I had said beforehand it was a must win match as those games are what Jose was brought for - finding a way to win cup ties etc....
I also said after the loss that he needed to turn it around quickly and tbf we hav went on a great run of winning all big matches since

That Sevilla game was massive tbf- if we’d won it like we shud have done then surely QF and 2nd in PL with FA cup win wud have been a more successful season

Hopefully next season we can do better In the CL
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
marlon
Legend

4 months ago

bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
marlon wrote:
4 months ago
He's a good player no doubt, but I don't think he'd be the right signing for us. We have our attacking mid in Pogba and clearly Mourinho is happy with Matic holding. The team as a whole lacks passing ability so that has to be the priority for our third mid.
Yeah he might be too similar to Pogba, that's what some people say. And I definitely think we need a great passer to make up the third in the midfield trio. But I think we should sign two high quality central midfielders — 4 quality players competing for three spots, with Herrera and McT as the backups. Doesn't sound unreasonable to me. That's assuming Fellaini leaves of course, which I've always suspected wouldn't happen.
Yeah, you're right on the numbers, even if we keep Fellaini we need two (if we're continue with a mid 3). Don't think McTominay will make it.
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

Arsenal 2-1 "I can feel the anger on here now..." - Brian.

City2-3 "Sanchez was excellent second half, as was Pogba. That's the Sanchez and Pogba we need to see most weeks. Hopefully next season it happens."

Liverpool 2-1 "What a WIN!! Nerves are wrecked!! Fuck me. Not enjoyable for 50 mins but fuck it!" - Brian.
"It's been ugly but fair play we've dug out three games in a row, two against top teams. That was the Jose Fergie had to deal with years ago. Rashers was Class, did that thing WC players start doing, making the difference! I know he fucked up for the goal but Bailey looks the real deal, needs more games. As does McT but he was solid, stuck to his job. Enjoyed that." - Laz.

Crystal Palace 2-3 "It looks like we don’t bother doing anything in training. Just turn up and try to make something happen! No identity or specific style? What the FUCK do they do all week? Watching Man City and how they’re playing; it’s fucking depressing" - Brian.

Chelsea 2-1 "I missed the game. Can someone give me the general jist of it?" - Brian. For balance, "Yeah, the game was sort of lacking in intensity and quality, from both teams. Like, not shit, but it didn't feel like a tense top of the table match either. I think this is how the rest of the season is going to go." - Bman.

Spurs 0-2 "Struggling to remember a worse performance from a United side in recent memory... an that’s saying something!" - Brian.

Hardly glowing reviews and when you consider there was nothing really at stake for some of these games, City didn't play their first team (and were miles ahead of us), nothing at stake for Arsenal...... Palace, enough said..... These were not wonderful games of football, go back and read the threads.

The mentality of the players has 'not' definitely improved and changed in the big games recently and Moyes is long gone ffs......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 months ago

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
4 months ago
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skyspo ... eal-sooner

Fuck right off Fellaini...!
:)) Fella doesn't want to play for Jose even though Jose has tried to work his considerable charm on him, said he wants him. The most important thing is he leaves, even though he's a match winner for us.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

Park was better than Fellaini. At least he played pass and move football. Didn’t add anything to the attack, but didn’t ruin it either.
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 months ago

bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
Park was better than Fellaini. At least he played pass and move football. Didn’t add anything to the attack, but didn’t ruin it either.
I don’t remember us having any footballer similar to Fellaini....we would never have contemplated buying him before Moyes took over...he’s not a Utd player
Cracks me up that Jose likes him

bman2
Legend

4 months ago

I knew Jose would like Fellaini. He works hard, does his job (to the best of his ability), he’s physically imposing, and he influences the game. Love him or hate him, he does influence the game. Not in the way most of us would like though. But if you’re a manager who’s losing, at least you know if you throw him in he’ll get in there and attract the ball.
dozer
Legend

4 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
Eriksen needs a lot of movement in front of him so he can pick people out. But we don't see that under Mourinho. Our attack is static and shite. He needs a CF that can control the football as well.

Great player like but I think he'd be another forward that would do comparatively fuck all in our team.
I think he'll still do well.
Our attackers do move. Lukaku, Sanchez, Lingard, Martial and Rashford all do run quite a lot and they do make forward runs. Our attack lacks cohesion, and team work, not movement.