Louis Van Gaal

Manchester United chat
sheesh

5 years ago

I liked his answer to the question about experience. Excellent answer and an excellent example in Seedorf.

After the press conference, they showed an interview with Herrera who kept going on about how they were doing ball work in training. He would have hated Moyes tbf.
Anantax
Legend

5 years ago

Full YouTube of LVG's first conference...

Am loving him already tbh...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

I don't really get the fuss...

He's got a decent CV... won some stuff... like many others we couldn't get... but he's known as a bit of an arsehole who doesn't get on too well with his bosses, so what're the odds on him NOT winning with United in his first year, but still managing to fall out with our fuck head owners, and leaving us in the same shit next year?

And I wasn't actually that impressed with Holland at the WC either... they did OK, but aside from his "interesting" goalie sub, (which could have just as easily gone wrong), I didn't actually see anything in the way they played to get excited about... possession stats were shit, and they played a fuck of a lot of long balls for a supposed technically minded nation...

We'll have to wait and see I suppose, but I'm not singing his name yet...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 years ago

Yeah, time will tell. The thing for me, is that he's better than Moyes and will get more out of the players we have. So its a positive in that sense.

But, lets be honest, we're in a fucking mess. OK, the commercial deals continue to role in, but that will only continue for so long if we're not successful on the pitch. And 'success' doesn't even have to mean winning titles any more. It's about finishing in the top 4 and playing in the CL. Maybe the odd FA or League Cup. That's it, that's the aspiration now. By the managers own fucking admission 'United are run with commercial considerations and it not always possible to balance the football and commercial side of things'. Which is a frank disclosure that we're not driven by winning football matches and putting the best team together we possibly can. We're a business, a brand, a commercial partner, who happen to play a bit of football.

Hopefully though, Van Gaal can cause a bit of carnage and give our side a pair of bollocks again. And there's half a chance he might even get his cock out at some point. Hopefully at Anfield.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Yeah, the other thing about all these "awesome" commercial deals... let's not be naïve and think we, as a football club are suddenly minted... for every extra million we earn, the Glazers will easily take half for themselves...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

Can the Glazers' just take money for themselves now that United are out in the stock market?
Normally in any PLC, any shareholder is an owner even if it's one share so they all have a say. Now the Glazer's own shares but they're also employees I suppose i.e. the ones who're involved at the club.
The wealth will have to be equally distributed among each share, in the form of dividends and if money is just blindly taken out as dividend the market will react poorly - likewise if there is barely no dividend.
What's the dividend the United shares have issued?

That's how most companies listed in the stock market work but I'm not sure about United, I don't think the entire company is available to buy as stocks iirc?
Anantax
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:I don't really get the fuss...

And I wasn't actually that impressed with Holland at the WC either... they did OK, but aside from his "interesting" goalie sub, (which could have just as easily gone wrong), I didn't actually see anything in the way they played to get excited about... possession stats were shit, and they played a fuck of a lot of long balls for a supposed technically minded nation...

We'll have to wait and see I suppose, but I'm not singing his name yet...
I think you are being overly harsh...

NOBODY predicted Dutch finishing third, and I would dare say many dont have them getting out of the group. He overachieved with a bunch of limited players, even if it means some long balls were involved (not that many). That shows managerial acumen.

That managerial acumen plus the fact that his press conferences will be entertaining as hell...thats the reaosn I love him

Will he win us titles? Dont know, not sure yet. But the buzz is back at United, and for now, thats good enough...
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

They completely battered Spain on the pitch and as human beings

Ah but then Spain are overrated, too foreign and gay and tika taka has been "found out" so that's that result dismissed
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:They completely battered Spain on the pitch and as human beings

Ah but then Spain are overrated, too foreign and gay and tika taka has been "found out" so that's that result dismissed
Yeah, Spain fell apart after that. Who knows if they hadn't played or been annihilated by the Dutch — Spain might still have gone on to win it. The Dutch just had a major problem when RVP's injury seemed to take something out of him, he did little after the group stage and the Dutch were then over reliant on Robben.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Van Gaal's first press conference v David Moyes' first press conference