Louis Van Gaal

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

6 years ago

Ersatz1 wrote:You shouldn't keep a five year old in you - that's against the law.

Is there an emoticon for tumbleweed......
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Ersatz1
Reserves

6 years ago

Is it this =))
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

There's a great story in the Telegraph about Van Gaal, I don't think anyone else has linked to it yet. Has good diagrams about formations as well as anecdotes:

http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/proje ... index.html
Snoopcousins
Legend

6 years ago

What's clear tho is that once great managers with strong personalities get older and to the end of their careers they weaken their strong views/ ideas and therefore limits their effecfiveness... Like Fergie in his last years...
A
LVG of 15 years ago wudnt take this Woodward/ Glazers bullshit so easily
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Allardyce thinks 352 is a fad, not a proper formation, and that Van Gaal is going about football wrong

And so it begins

"Play 442, don't be foreign"
Davey-boy
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:Allardyce thinks 352 is a fad, not a proper formation, and that Van Gaal is going about football wrong

And so it begins

Fucking allardyce....he plays anti football
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:
Sid wrote:Allardyce thinks 352 is a fad, not a proper formation, and that Van Gaal is going about football wrong

And so it begins

Fucking allardyce....he plays anti football
Allerdyce criticising Van Gaal. I wonder what Andy Carroll thinks of Ibrahimovich?
Bill2
First Teamer

6 years ago

Quick sell him Fellaini to play no 10 behind Carroll. Beggars belief.
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Scholes doesn't like 352 either

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... holes.html

'When you look at United the last 20 years its been 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 and that where we had all our success. 3-5-2 may be some LVG is a little obsessed with because it worked in the World Cup for him – there’s no doubt about that.

'But this crowd need a little bit of excitement and for me 3-5-2 is not a boring way of playing but it is a very slow way of playing, all about possession rather than having that thrust and ability to score goals.'
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

tbf why should we buy into three at the back or any of his big bollocks philosophy shite hes harked on about all summer when he threw it out the window after half a game
lkhm

hoofing