Manchester United chat
Bill2
First Teamer

4 years ago

442 !
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:tbf why should we buy into three at the back or any of his big bollocks philosophy shite hes harked on about all summer when he threw it out the window after half a game
He did the same with a lot of the matches Holland played at the WC. I think his thinking in both cases is that the only standout players in both teams are RVP/Robben/Sneijder (setting aside the fact that Sneijder is a bit shit now) and RVP/Rooney/Mata, so the 3-5-2 thing is really just about getting those three playing in their best positions.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Why do players think they know what fans want

Increasingly fans want their team to keep the fucking ball - "oh but possession is boring wah wah wah"

Scholes wants to check the shite football his 442 United side has served up at Old Trafford in recent years, all those horrifying games with a pathetic 2 in the middle, getting torn apart by shite teams, not being able to dominate riff raff and getting slapped every other week away from home

I'm ready for change
Bill2
First Teamer

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Why do players think they know what fans want

Increasingly fans want their team to keep the fucking ball - "oh but possession is boring wah wah wah"

Scholes wants to check the shite football his 442 United side has served up at Old Trafford in recent years, all those horrifying games with a pathetic 2 in the middle, getting torn apart by shite teams, not being able to dominate riff raff and getting slapped every other week away from home

I'm ready for change
Agree.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

4 years ago

that dont mean three at the back though

i want want liverpool and madrid do with width and bollocks and pace and no faffing

as in the football we played when scholes was running the show

when we were good
lkhm

hoofing
lars072
Legend

4 years ago

I'm ready for a change in ownership.
RobDiablo
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Increasingly fans want their team to keep the fucking ball - "oh but possession is boring wah wah wah"
It doesn't have to be, but it can be. Last season's United usually dominated possession, but the football was dire and the results even worse. But all that is beside the point. Whatever formation United is going to play, better players are needed to make it work.
lars072
Legend

4 years ago

I would love to see LVG give the owners an ultimatum if he hasn't already. Give me these players before the window or I walk. They suck it up and spend the money or lose a top manager and start all over again. Hope he piles the pressure on in the media too.
Anantax
Legend

4 years ago

I could fucking care less about which fucking formation we play as long as it:

- gets the best out of our key players
- leads to results
- as a bonus, plays entertaining football

Scholes is a legend and I'll always love him, but until he wins titles as a manager I wouldnt pay too much attention on his opinions on formatiojs. He is now a newspaper pundit and they seem to be encourwged to find controversy
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

Anantax wrote:I could fucking care less about which fucking formation we play as long as it:

- gets the best out of our key players
- leads to results
- as a bonus, plays entertaining football

Scholes is a legend and I'll always love him, but until he wins titles as a manager I wouldnt pay too much attention on his opinions on formatiojs. He is now a newspaper pundit and they seem to be encourwged to find controversy
Agreed.....the formation would work just fine if we had proper players. But with an awful midfield, a very inexperienced defence and only one decent winger in januzaj we are going to struggle to play any decent football whatever the system. We all know we need 3/4 world class players....at the very least, a bastard of a CB, a CM who can control games and a top wide man. And we definately lacked leadership on the pitch yesterday.