Louis Van Gaal

Manchester United chat
Felwin
First Teamer

4 years ago

That interview with G.Nev is a great read. Even if we don't get top signings, I would definitely settle for youth getting a chance. The only thing that is slightly concerning is that he mentions his 3 year contract as though he will definitely leave at the end of it. So even if he does turn things around to an extent and put faith in youth team players, we could be up shit creek again in a few years.
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Great. Now I feel a lot better!
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Ry_Mar
Trainee

4 years ago

I'm starting to get slightly concerned about LVG. I think there are two possiblities, and fingers crossed it's the first one:

1. His ego is so large and his drive so great that he simply won't allow himself to fail at United. Regardless of transfers, training ground wind speed or car sponsor.
2. He is old, was looking at Spurs before us and just wants a nice fat paycheck before he retires. And you know we'll be paying him a fortune.

Everything about the man suggests number 1, except for what we've seen in the first few matches. Obviously we'll give him time and I do believe he'll be a success, but I'm starting to get a tiny bit concerned by his comments about how long we should wait for any visible improvement.
danniitronix
Legend

4 years ago

Ffs you thick bastards, he battered everyone in pre season took his side to the semis of the WC and now you pebbles doubt his cred? Good grief.
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 years ago

danniitronix wrote:Ffs you thick bastards, he battered everyone in pre season took his side to the semis of the WC and now you pebbles doubt his cred? Good grief.
I agree that we shouldn't be doubting his cred....

But pre-season is pointless...and we really didn't batter anyone other than LA galaxy.
And Holland wern't exactly brilliant- other than against Spain- and if they didn't have a player like Robben it would have been very different.

We don't have a 'Robben'...even a good coach like LVG needs a special player or 2 that can completely change a game.

Is DiMaria going to be that player for us?
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
sheesh

4 years ago

I saw this link posted on a forum somewhere and it's really interesting:

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2014/08/van ... not-great/

There is a link to Neville's analysis of Barcelona which is well worth checking out.

This is also worth a read (not sure if it's already been posted):

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... op-coaches
United_Analysis
Trainee

4 years ago

Think this tactical preview of United under Van Gaal still relevant
http://manunitedanalysis.wordpress.com/ ... l-preview/
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

United_Analysis wrote:Think this tactical preview of United under Van Gaal still relevant
http://manunitedanalysis.wordpress.com/ ... l-preview/

Is this shameless self promotion or what?

Smells like TC23, how much are your baseball caps and trackie tops?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

1 year ago

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

10 months ago

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."