Louis Van Gaal

Manchester United chat
lars072
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:Van Gaal's first press conference v David Moyes' first press conference

LVG is strong and confident and Moyles just pathetic and weak. And Fergie chose him wow
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

sheesh wrote:
I like this guy. I would only argue that Sir Alex ought to be able to attend any United match he wishes to. If the new manager quails under the 'watchful eye of Sir Alex', he wasn't big enough for the job in the first place.
Anantax
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:Van Gaal's first press conference v David Moyes' first press conference

Poor Moyes....he'll be compared to LVG for years and years wont he? Espcially if LvG is successful...

I didnt see Moyes's first press conf before this, but must say that save for a decent answer on winning trophies, everything else was just quite pitiful...
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

It would be good to compare Van Gaal's first season against Moyes'

Even if we're total dogshit I can't see Van Gaal ever saying "we aspire to be like Man City"

And constant use of words like "hope", "try", "make it difficult for them" when talking about Hull away ffs
Minus The Bear
Star Man

5 years ago

There is a comparision there between the two conferences:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9 ... avid-moyes

Also players are at least coming out and stating that they are looking forward to playing for LVG.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ls-methods
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 years ago

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9 ... United-DNA...

"He’s a stickler for planning and that's something we as a club do very well. We plan everything in a lot of detail and that’s going to be a good fit.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! We plan well? What do you call last season then??
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

"he likes attacking football. If you remember the Barcelona team [he managed] in the late '90s, who played incredible, attacking football, and those games we had against them in '98/99, that’s the kind of football Manchester United fans love. It’s part of our DNA," Woodward told manutd.com."

What the fuck would you know about it Woodworm???... the only thing you know about football is that it hurts when it hits you in the back of the head!... Cunt!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 years ago

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ed-3885171

He certainly seems to know what he wants. If he doesn't indeed want to work with a squad of only 22, we may not be doing any more business this summer...or of we do, there'll have to be plenty of work to do in order to ship some dross out.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Van Gaal is a stickler for detail and straight after breezing into Old Trafford he was ordering diggers and earth ­movers be brought in to put up more of a wind break at the training ground.

“Wind is not always the friend of the players,” he said. “It’s not always the friend of the ball
That's fucking bizarre but great, because rmemeber when Moyes was overheard shouting "lift it" from the touchline in the horrific game against Fulham, when it was windy, as if the unpredictable nature of the wind might give us that bit of luck in the penalty area and present us a great chance to score

Total fucking shite. Football in 2014 requires more than "put it in the mixer, see what happens" - especially against the bottom fucking club

Pulis used to bang on about utilising the wind at the Britannia n all, where it's always fucking windy because their stadium has no corners and Stoke is a shithole

Well Van Gaal ain't having it