Louis Van Gaal

Manchester United chat
Post Reply
Davey-boy
Legend
Posts: 2895
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

marlon wrote:If you can get one of the best, sure, but it's not going to happen. We'll end up with de Vrij or Vermaelen - more mediocre players we shouldn't be spending money on when we're producing them from the academy.
I wouldn't bother with vermaelen tbf but don't know enough about de Vrij. Trouble is, jones, Smalling and Evans are quite often injured.
lars072
Legend
Posts: 1738
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:
marlon wrote:If you can get one of the best, sure, but it's not going to happen. We'll end up with de Vrij or Vermaelen - more mediocre players we shouldn't be spending money on when we're producing them from the academy.
I wouldn't bother with vermaelen tbf but don't know enough about de Vrij. Trouble is, jones, Smalling and Evans are quite often injured.
Thing is we need a top central defender and 2 full backs at least as cover. Add to that a top CM and LVG has a lot to do in the next few weeks. There are few quality players left now so you know United will have to pay over the odds for someone like Vidal or Hummels. If the owners and Woodworm aren't willing to spend the cash we're in for a tough time.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:jonesy will get his crack this year, smalling will be eventually moved on
I think it'll be Evans out.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5502
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

Evans is easily our best CB and an academy product. Selling would be a mistake.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

marlon wrote:Evans is easily our best CB
No he's not... he's had a couple seasons where he's shown that kind of promise, but he's had just as many ordinary seasons, and, he's extremely injury prone...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5502
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

We've got Jones, who's a bit all over the place, positionally, at CB (not his fault, never plays there) and Smalling who might be even more one footed than Valencia. Not exactly stiff competition + Evans does everything pretty well. We haven't had a decent CB pairing that didn't involve Evans for a few seasons.
User avatar
Anantax
Legend
Posts: 1001
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

Catalogue of LVG's bust ups with players etc from the bbc

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27511927

Win or lose, this guy will be entertaining as hell! Really looking forward...
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5502
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

Who's it going to be at United then? Most of the big names/personalities have left now. Could be Woodward or the Glazers with his commercial comments from his first press conference.
Davey-boy
Legend
Posts: 2895
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

marlon wrote:Who's it going to be at United then? Most of the big names/personalities have left now. Could be Woodward or the Glazers with his commercial comments from his first press conference.
Woodworm obviously.....just looking at that face makes me want to batter the weasley little cunt
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5347
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
marlon wrote:Evans is easily our best CB
No he's not... he's had a couple seasons where he's shown that kind of promise, but he's had just as many ordinary seasons, and, he's extremely injury prone...
Who's better than Evans then? Jones? Smalling? They're bang average, worse than Evans easily and they're equally injury prone too. We'll need two centre backs at least over a midfilder and if that means losing Vidal (even if that's actually happening) then so be it.
Post Reply