is herrara any good

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

We don't have time for tinkering and chopping and changing and he's not going to be here long enough to convert our existing players into where he thinks they should play, he thinks Rooney is best at RM so he can help Valencia when he's at RB! Ironically, Rooney seems to be the only cunt in the team that can convert Valencias "crosses" when he does beat the first man for cunt sake.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:its misplaced bollocks mind tbf
Eh?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
spektarm wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote: Exactly!! Its not that Rooney is untouchable. Its the fact that we've spent over £100 million on central players and theyre still not as good as Rooney. Its not Rooney's fault that Mata and Felliani are shite, Herera doesn't get the starts, or that Di Maria didn't want to come to us in the first place. He's our best player by a country mile, and has been for years!! ;)
Rooney's wank in midfield (except his finishing - a trait of a striker ffs) and if you don't see it, you have the wrong idea of what a midfielder should do. He's not better than Di Maria and Herrera in central midfield (left or right CM) and he's not better than Mata at number 10. Fuck Fellaini, he shouldn't even be considered a United level midfielder or whatever he is...

You seem not to understand one of the biggest problems we have now, Max...

Players get played out of position, they've been instructed never to take any risks, never to try one-twos, etc. Have you seen Mata at Chelsea at no.10 or Di Maria in his preferred central role at Madrid? They were pure class.

Yes, we're a better team with Rooney in it, but not with Rooney in midfield. ;)

My point is, until our attacking players start playing in the positions they're best suited for (Rooney as a striker, Di Maria in CM, Mata at 10, etc.) and they get the freedom they need to deliver, we'll be shite going forward.
Rooney may not be a midfielder, but he's one of the few we've got, not afraid to get his shorts dirty and make a fuckin tackle... we've got an entire midfield of fannies... Rooney gives our midfield some bollocks... something we've had very little of since Keane left...
I don't think that's true anymore. Carrick, Blind, Herrera, Fellaini -- the only CM we have who can't put in a tackle and recover the ball is Mata.
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

bman2 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
spektarm wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote: Exactly!! Its not that Rooney is untouchable. Its the fact that we've spent over £100 million on central players and theyre still not as good as Rooney. Its not Rooney's fault that Mata and Felliani are shite, Herera doesn't get the starts, or that Di Maria didn't want to come to us in the first place. He's our best player by a country mile, and has been for years!! ;)
Rooney's wank in midfield (except his finishing - a trait of a striker ffs) and if you don't see it, you have the wrong idea of what a midfielder should do. He's not better than Di Maria and Herrera in central midfield (left or right CM) and he's not better than Mata at number 10. Fuck Fellaini, he shouldn't even be considered a United level midfielder or whatever he is...

You seem not to understand one of the biggest problems we have now, Max...

Players get played out of position, they've been instructed never to take any risks, never to try one-twos, etc. Have you seen Mata at Chelsea at no.10 or Di Maria in his preferred central role at Madrid? They were pure class.

Yes, we're a better team with Rooney in it, but not with Rooney in midfield. ;)

My point is, until our attacking players start playing in the positions they're best suited for (Rooney as a striker, Di Maria in CM, Mata at 10, etc.) and they get the freedom they need to deliver, we'll be shite going forward.
Rooney may not be a midfielder, but he's one of the few we've got, not afraid to get his shorts dirty and make a fuckin tackle... we've got an entire midfield of fannies... Rooney gives our midfield some bollocks... something we've had very little of since Keane left...
I don't think that's true anymore. Carrick, Blind, Herrera, Fellaini -- the only CM we have who can't put in a tackle and recover the ball is Mata.

He's not a cm and I think that sums up our whole debate lol
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 years ago

Listen, Mata is fucking quality and LVG needs to appreciate that and fit him in somehow.

Herrera is also quality too, LVG wants to play possession football and these two will do that.

I know LVG likes this midfield diamond business so he needs to sort this shit out, he's been he long enough now. Rooney back upfront with Falcao and this lot behind them.

Mata

Di Maria. Herrera

Blind.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
dozer
Legend

3 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:Listen, Mata is fucking quality and LVG needs to appreciate that and fit him in somehow.

Herrera is also quality too, LVG wants to play possession football and these two will do that.

I know LVG likes this midfield diamond business so he needs to sort this shit out, he's been he long enough now. Rooney back upfront with Falcao and this lot behind them.

Mata

Di Maria. Herrera

Blind.
I think LVG said he doesn't like that line-up because the attacking trio is too slow.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

dozer wrote:
brianofnazarethffs wrote:Listen, Mata is fucking quality and LVG needs to appreciate that and fit him in somehow.

Mata

Di Maria. Herrera

Blind.
I think LVG said he doesn't like that line-up because the attacking trio is too slow.
Compared to what... the treacle shite we play now???
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
dozer
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
dozer wrote:

Mata

Di Maria. Herrera

Blind.
Compared to what... the treacle shite we play now???
I don't know. I recall LVG saying he played Di Maria behind the strikers because he thought the attacking trio would otherwise be too slow.
spektarm
First Teamer

3 years ago

To hell with the pace gate. This isn't FIFA 15. It's important how quickly you move the ball, especially with the diamond formation - it's narrow, which means the players don't make too much runs out wide (except the full backs which are pacey enough in our case).

Tbh, I'd like to see us go for a 4-2-3-1 or the diamond posted above, depending on the opposition.
marlon
Legend

3 years ago

Worst thing about this is its been years seen we could play a midfield this good. And we never get to see it.

As for pace, looks like Rooney's still got it. Should be enough. Not to sure playing two strikers suits a team with a dodgy defence anyway.