Formations Wankfest

Manchester United chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

a back three of jones evans and vermaelen with wing backs says daily mail rat faced travesty of a journalist neil ashton

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nited.html
lkhm

hoofing
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

"Van Gaal wants a ball winner in the centre of the pitch, a strong-willed character who can feed United’s forward line when they regain possession."

Doesn't sound like Kroos (or any or our mids).

Front 3 presumably like the Netherlands' one with a 10 and two strikers. Should solve that 3 into 2 problem. And the shit wingers problem. Doubt we'll get Vermaelen though and if we do it'll be closer to £20m than £11m.
Snoopcousins
Legend

6 years ago

I'm loving that we will actually be using tactics other than hoof it, get it wide and cross it in.

We will actually have a proper plan and tactic going into games and a manager that can change it when it's not working...
Hopefully LVG can get the team buying into it quickly and get them out of the Moyes mentality.
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

Don't care as long as were exciting, fast breaking and winning.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

6 years ago

3 at the back would be interesting. I can't remember a successful side in the top flight here who played 3 at the back.
lars072
Legend

6 years ago

So looking at the players we currently have who would play in this 3-4-3 then?
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Lazarus wrote:Don't care as long as were exciting, fast breaking and winning.
Rooney, Mata and van Persie. Not going to be very fast.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

marlon wrote:
I don't think it's set up to be counter attacking... good... I'm sick of that shit anyway... we haven't been a good counter attacking side since Ronaldo left.

I think this is meant to be LVGs total football formation... don't know if that's good or not, but it'll be interesting... if it works...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

6 years ago

I'm actually looking forward to watching us play next year...didn't think id say that for a while
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Davey-boy
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
marlon wrote:
I don't think it's set up to be counter attacking... good... I'm sick of that shit anyway... we haven't been a good counter attacking side since Ronaldo left.

I think this is meant to be LVGs total football formation... don't know if that's good or not, but it'll be interesting... if it works...
I agree and at least he has a philosophy, he has big bollox and he won't take any shit from anyone....it'll be very interesting next year.