Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

How much googling did it take to find that article, after weeks of articles saying we have to sell before we buy :))

Ah well, if it gives us hope
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

If we have aspirations of competing with the best in Europe, it'll demand further significant spending. We've spent heavily over the last 4 years but so much of it has been pissed up the wall. The majority of it, pre Mourinho.

That's not to say we can't find good players at decent value. But we need 3-4 premium players, and we probably need to make some provision for replacing some of the aging squad filler.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We need players right, but the attack is class. We've so many different players, options, pace, quality.

The midfield needs work but there's real quality there with Matic and Pog.

It's the defence that's lacking. Jose rates the dross. He's promoted Val and Young, made em both captain, keeps playing Smalling (also captain) and fucking Jones. He's also fucked up big time with Lindelof whose not even good enough to be a squaddie at the min. Bailley is quality but unproven at the top.

We need Jose to use his 4th transfer window to sort it. And the answer int Danny fucking Rose.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I'm not as convinced about our attack Sid. Yes, Lukaku gets you goals. Rashford has moments of magic, but lacks consistency. Certainly in the big games, he's not ready to take them by the scruff of the neck. Ditto with Martial. Both fantastic prospects, but both have much to do to develop into properly top class players. We lack 2 things in attack:

An effective 'number 10'. Zlatan might plug that gap, and Griezmann could be the answer. Mata doesn't have the mobility and Miki doesn't look like he can cut it.

A dynamic, consistent, top drawer wide forward. Someone who can beat players, score goals, open up teams, win close, big games with moments of magic. A Hazard, De Bruyne or Eriksen. We don't have that sort of player. They're rare, hard to get and expensive. Bale, if he stays fit and still has it, would be ideal. but he looks like a busted flush - so expect us to spunk a big fat wedge on him.

We need another top midfielder. Matic and Pogba aren't enough.

Lindelof looks like another 30m pissed up the wall, so we probably need another centre back. And we do need a left back. Ashley Young has done well there, but we need someone who can get up and down the pitch, giving us width. Rose doesn't get me moist, but he'd be a decent addition. I can see a swap deal involving Shaw.

So, 4 in. And bin off Shaw, Mata, Fellaini and probably Smalling or Jones. Lindelof will get another year to see if he can improve. Zlatan will go in the summer. That 'just' leaves Blind, Lingard, Miki and Young as the riff raff. Herrera and Darmian are decent squaddies.

So yeah, 4 big, big players are what we need to really assert us at the top.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Fair points those, Ash. Can't really disagree. I just think there's one or two quality players in attack and midfield, but not in defence. And 2 seasons in, 3 windows, it should have been addressed. Fair play with Bailley but Lindelof is horrendous.

I think there's a convo to be had about whether or not players alone will do it in a league with so many rich clubs, top managers, and then City + Pep who for now look up there with Barca and Madrid at their best. If this is the team City are going to be, if they're going to be this strong, then what can we do to match them? Or is it a case of waiting til it goes tits up or Pep leaves.
senna
Star Man

Repair the damage Van Gaal did.

That's why they are offering birdshit eater an extension?

I'm sure the big lump will follow.

So much for Jose getting rid of the dross.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

'Fair points those, Ash. Can't really disagree. I just think there's one or two quality players in attack and midfield, but not in defence. And 2 seasons in, 3 windows, it should have been addressed. Fair play with Bailley but Lindelof is horrendous.

I think there's a convo to be had about whether or not players alone will do it in a league with so many rich clubs, top managers, and then City + Pep who for now look up there with Barca and Madrid at their best. If this is the team City are going to be, if they're going to be this strong, then what can we do to match them? Or is it a case of waiting til it goes tits up or Pep leaves.'

If we still have anything about us as a proper football club, we should be incentivised to go toe to toe with them, competing for the best trophies in world football. But that will bring with it, a hefty price tag.

Jose will never be as expansive as Pep. But if he's backed to go and get every player he wants, and we don't constrain ourselves in who we go after, I think he can match City. The style would be different, but I still think he can build a side that's pragmatic AND decent to watch. But we still have much to do in terms of building the team.

I agree that the defence needs work. Fuck knows what he was thinking with Lindelof - centre backs are usually Jose's forte.
pint vulger
First Teamer

I was just looking at the squad ,wonder if Jose has thought of buying say Ramos,Neymar,Marcello,Modric,Cruise,Ronaldo,Bale,Messi,Suarez,DeBruyne,T &D Silva,Kane,Sanchez,Griezeman,Ledenwoski,Lahm?
What the fuck is he doing?
Get your finger out you Portuguese twat.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Good article on Bale... and why we shouldn't buy him... not at the money Real would want, anyway...

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/the ... ailsignout
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
senna
Star Man

Yes I know Fergie signed him you cunt. So why is he still here?

He played loads under LVG and he is doing the same under Jose.