Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

Lingard has actually impressed me this season. 6 goals and 4 assists in just 837 league minutes, which is similar to Martial's numbers. Can come into the side cold after a few weeks on the sidelines and put in a good performance. Shows up for the big games like Arsenal. To be honest, he's playing like the player I thought we were getting in Mkhitaryan: quick, an intelligent pass and mover, good link-up man, even if he doesn't have outrageous skill. Scholes and Rio seem to really rate him. With our current squad, he'd be starter for me.
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

I would really like to see us add a player or two this window, somebody who might help rejuvenate things. Because right now we're on a downhill trajectory. Mourinho's teams have a tendency to flag in the second half of the season anyway, because he plays his core players as much as they are available. He's tended to win the league by putting in an amazing first half of the season, building a good lead on the rest of the teams, and then hanging on in the second half of the season, grinding it out.

That's why if it was possible to get someone like Ozil or Mahrez in the next few weeks, I'd be all in favour. Perhaps Mahrez isn't as good as a club of our ambitions should be looking for, but he's a dynamic player, definitely Champions League-worthy, and he'd fill that position on the right side of the attack perfectly. Ozil and Mahrez are both PL-experienced with that bit of game-changing attacking x-factor that might freshen things up. in theory not hugely expensive buys, by today's standards.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

9 months ago

Zaha has clearly kicked on since we sold him back to palace. I'm assuming we have buy back clauses involved.

Would we take him back?
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Nah, fuck him
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Mahrez is a decent shout Bman, but he doesn't do any defensive work when I've seen him play, so I can't see Van Mourinho being up for it
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Looks like Coutinho is off to Barca. That's where Liverpool got the 75m Van Dijk money from then. They'll be fucked without him in some games. He's the difference between a draw and a win.

Big advantage for us and 4th place
senna
Legend

9 months ago

https://twitter.com/MikeKeegan_DM/statu ... 1196062720

Excl: Manchester United tell agents they want two full-backs and an attacking midfielder in January http://dailym.ai/2qgAYmK via @MailSport

Might be bollocks but hopefully some truth in it.
swampash
Legend

9 months ago

Saw a suggestion we could be in for Emre Can. Bit more believable than the Kroos rumours.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Barca paying £142m for Coutinho. We can't compete with these prices. The last time we could, when the market was more in our price range before the Neymar deal, Jose bought Lukaku.

If Atleti will still accept £100m for Griezmann he'll be the last truly top player we'll be signing in this era.
swampash
Legend

9 months ago

Stay cool Sid. Plenty of value in the market despite the tomfoolery...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...