Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5502
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Also cannot fathom £30M on a kid from the second tier. Is he good enough to go straight into our starting 11? Genuinely don't know much about him.
Know nothing about him but we've seen players Like Alli and Maddison come from obscurity in the lower leagues and be a near instant hit in the PL.
fat maradona
First Teamer
Posts: 482
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

marlon wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Also cannot fathom £30M on a kid from the second tier. Is he good enough to go straight into our starting 11? Genuinely don't know much about him.
Know nothing about him but we've seen players Like Alli and Maddison come from obscurity in the lower leagues and be a near instant hit in the PL.
And I don't disagree that the club should be buying these talents up but if they are baulking at paying for much needed players for right now, then doesn't make sense paying for what might be later....
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24052
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

Simon Stone whose quite reliable is saying the Bruno Fernandes deal is off. Neither side can agree.

Why, as fans, do we bother getting even remotely excited
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4545
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

Sadly, I don't anymore.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
jason_uk
First Teamer
Posts: 353
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
Simon Stone whose quite reliable is saying the Bruno Fernandes deal is off. Neither side can agree.

Why, as fans, do we bother getting even remotely excited
The whole Fernandes deal just smells like more bull shit. We needed signings desperately even before the injuries, get them lined up and completed in advance of the window opening, and sign them on the 1st of Jan.

But that never happens with us, just the hint of deal, then when it falls down, woodworm can be like, "Look - we tried, but they were asking too much"

The future of united under the glazers looks depressing, the only thing they are competent at is making money, and as long as the gravy train keeps rollings they will fill their boots, then in 15 years, leave the carcass behind.
User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 4372
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

Letting the squad get to this level is unforgivable for a club of our size. Wouldn't happen at any of the other big ones, Madrid, Barca and Juve etc. Last summer was a huge fuck up by all at the club. And all couldn't moan if they were sacked because of it.

Someone made a good point, players like Williams (Who I rate very highly) and Greenwood shouldn't be coming into our squad and carrying others, they should come in unnoticed and helped by senior players. Blended in slowly.

The good thing is, the fans voices are getting very loud. There won't be no hiding place soon.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...


Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
User avatar
Pikey McScum
Legend
Posts: 1019
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

From Sky Sports (so take with a pinch of salt, but hardly a fucking surprise):

"Inter Milan have rejected an offer from Manchester United to sign midfielder Matias Vecino on loan, according to Sky Italy.

The two sides couldn’t agree on the conditions of the deal."


:|
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7585
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

The frustrating thing is that Haaland and Bruno Fernandes were both available this window, and United had something of an inside track on both of them. The total cost wouldn't have been so much by recent standards in the market, and there's good reason to think they might have had a genuinely transformative effect on our attack. Would have given us a good chance of top 4 and CL qualification, then left us in an even better position to look for 2-3 other good signings in the summer.

But it's just one more frustration in an endless parade of frustrations. Sick of it. United just eeps pissing money and time and opportunities away.
User avatar
Pikey McScum
Legend
Posts: 1019
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
The frustrating thing is that Haaland and Bruno Fernandes were both available this window, and United had something of an inside track on both of them. The total cost wouldn't have been so much by recent standards in the market, and there's good reason to think they might have had a genuinely transformative effect on our attack. Would have given us a good chance of top 4 and CL qualification, then left us in an even better position to look for 2-3 other good signings in the summer.

But it's just one more frustration in an endless parade of frustrations. Sick of it. United just eeps pissing money and time and opportunities away.
There's an argument to say that the involvement/fees of player agents is the main thing scuppering these deals - apparently United were unwilling to do business on Haaland (even though we're crying out for that kind of player) due to the demands placed by his agent (Raiola?), and there are similar noises coming out from Lisbon currently on Bruno Fernandes and Jorge Mendes' involvement.

That might have held water in the past had we been in a good position to sign whoever the fuck we wanted, but these are desperate times and we probably have to let the agents bend us over as far as they like, such is our need for players.
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24052
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

Pikey McScum wrote:
1 month ago
bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
The frustrating thing is that Haaland and Bruno Fernandes were both available this window, and United had something of an inside track on both of them. The total cost wouldn't have been so much by recent standards in the market, and there's good reason to think they might have had a genuinely transformative effect on our attack. Would have given us a good chance of top 4 and CL qualification, then left us in an even better position to look for 2-3 other good signings in the summer.

But it's just one more frustration in an endless parade of frustrations. Sick of it. United just eeps pissing money and time and opportunities away.
There's an argument to say that the involvement/fees of player agents is the main thing scuppering these deals - apparently United were unwilling to do business on Haaland (even though we're crying out for that kind of player) due to the demands placed by his agent (Raiola?), and there are similar noises coming out from Lisbon currently on Bruno Fernandes and Jorge Mendes' involvement.

That might have held water in the past had we been in a good position to sign whoever the fuck we wanted, but these are desperate times and we probably have to let the agents bend us over as far as they like, such is our need for players.
The problems we have with agents is another sign of Ed's incompetence IMO. Agents know we're rich so want to take the piss. But the same is true of PSG, City, Barca, Madrid etc. But they negotiate their way through and manage to land top players. Ed doesn't. He can't negotiate jack and regularly gets rinsed. Now he has a reputation. Raiola has ripped the piss out of us for a long long time, taking advantage of an unknowledgeable arrogant fool.
Post Reply